Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,098
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Please stop forsaking the XM nation. It's on channel 186.
  2. They are waiting for the last minute, which could mean they are waiting on further diagnosis on Soriano, or to try and see if somebody clears waivers, or for a trade
  3. We might not get that from Soriano this year.
  4. No but he's not the star that everyone is envisioning Pie at eventually be. (of course its only Granderson's second year) Not everybody is envisioning Pie as a star. I'm hoping for a decent player who produces at a level a lot higher than he's paid for the next few years. That would be an enormous accomplishment for this organization, and something they desperately need since they are going to be overpaying so many veterans.
  5. Soriano will not be leading off for the next 8 years. They might get lucky enough to be able to hide him there for 2-3 years, but eventually somebody with half a brain will notice his OBP ain't cutting it, and as he ages, it's just likely to get worse. He'll be a 5th hitter in 4 years minimum. Hopefully Eric Patterson is the leadoff hitter.
  6. Most of the rest of the guys have already shifted several spots this season. They've had 4 #2 hitters, 2 each at #3 and #4, 4 at #5 and #6. I don't see why there would be any concern in messing with the rest of the order. Nobody is accustomed to any one spot.
  7. I think Pie will go back to Iowa unless he really rakes.
  8. I heard about Lou offering a move. But I don't think it means anything. Lou was sort of going out of his way to make the guy comfortable. They've pretty much said all along that if he's uncomfortable in center he doesn't have to play there. Now that he's struggled for a while, Lou asked if he was uncomfortable. Soriano said no.
  9. Nothing higher than 6th in the lineup please. I'd put the chances of him leading off at about 99%. Under the Dusty rule of CF=Leadoff, perhaps. But I'm not sure Lou works that way, nor does he want to put a young guy in that situation.
  10. That's been tried before. From what I heard, it wasn't pretty. Can't be any uglier than the current situation.
  11. I don't know about that favorite tag. Floyd was signed as a platoon/role player. JJ was reportedly on the trading block all offseason. And while I think Hendry was legitimately proud of acquiring a former gold glover and All Star for Maddux, I doubt he'll flip if Lou benches him. And I don't think Lou cares what Hendry thinks. Lou is the only one of the two with any longterm hold on his job. A new owner is going to can Hendry unless this team goes very far this year.
  12. I agree with all of this, though DeRosa has been playing pretty well. which is the problem. i like derosa, too. If it really bothers you, then Theriot should start at SS.
  13. I'm seeing forecasts that are saying the winds are out of the south now, but will be coming out of the east/northeast around gametime, which woulc be blowing in from right and/or center. Of course, it could start out blowing out to left and switch midgame.
  14. That's what a callup for an injured player is, a kick the tires situation. I don't think people are guaranteeing superstardom, rather they are expressing excitement to see a very talented player on the team.
  15. I don't understand either statement. If Pie is in the lineup, that's another lefty, so it presumably lessens the need to have Jacque and Floyd in at the same time. And what the heck does the maturity comment even mean.
  16. he's not making THAT much money for his production, really. He's making enough money so that teams will have to think twice about just adding him to their payroll. I'm not sure any teams other than the Yankees, Angels, Red Sox and Mets are in a position to simply add $5 million to their payroll without cutting costs elsewhere.
  17. I like it. But he has to play just about every day.
  18. this was my first DVR cubs game. Man, I watched it in about 25 minutes.
  19. I don't see how valuable he can be to us if he isn't pitching better than the people who could replace him and if he's going to be too stubborn to accept bullpen duty.
  20. feast or famine helps to keep your totals pretty high, even if you score 0, 1, or 2 in a lot of games.
  21. Then why put DeRosa in RF?
  22. I'd have to agree. Even if he can come back in a couple days and still swing, a huge part of his game is still his legs, and hammies tend to linger. Unless this heals immediately, I'd call up Pie tomorrow.
×
×
  • Create New...