Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,098
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. as will the 14 devils fans around the tri-state area! They don't get much attendance, but there are lots of fans. People just don't like driving to the meadowlands, except for 8 Sundays a year. I can't believe their solution to this was building an arena in Newark. There are three NY teams that play multiple games a week and aren't located by any convenient form of mass transportation, and all three struggle drawing crowds.
  2. 25 hours between picks, come on people, pick up the pace.
  3. Haugh wrote an article in the Trib basically about this part of it. But he refused to name "the drink" as some sort of high and mighty stance against commercialism. He did mention the NFL's official drink several times, however. He also said Urlacher invested in Vitamin Water. I'm wondering if his $100,000 fine was backed up by an equal ownership stake in the company.
  4. The shotgun does not do that. The regular snap gives you the ball instantly with eyes forward. The shotgun forces the QB to focus on catching the ball first, which takes a little time to get there.
  5. This is an absurd bit of reasoning. What does it matter if you don't know a few days in advance? Wind direction is a fact, it's not opinion. Furthermore, it's a fact of life in April baseball that the wind will often blow in.
  6. It's very unprofessional of Manual, but similar to other blow-ups, by guys like Piniella. Obviously Eskin was looking for trouble since Manuel told him to come to his office to fight, and he apparantly showed. I'm sure Eskin acted in as smug and condescending manner as possible to get the greatest rise out of him.
  7. $100,000!?! How could it be teh standard fine for such a violation, while at the same time being the first such fine ever levied? The NFL is insane with it's uniform policies.
  8. That is, unless someone has shown Lou Jacque's splits. Are they facing a lefty?
  9. I'm blaming luck (re: the wind blowing in) for the Cubs only scoring 3 runs yesterday. That is not luck. It's a well known fact of life about April baseball. Which way the wind is blowing is hardly a fact. Actually it is a fact. If the wind is blowing out of the east, that's a fact. But I was calling it a fact of life of April baseball.
  10. WIP makes WFAN seem relatively sane and decent.
  11. I'm blaming luck (re: the wind blowing in) for the Cubs only scoring 3 runs yesterday. That is not luck. It's a well known fact of life about April baseball.
  12. I thought about that, but I was kind of thinking that perhaps Lou might look at Jones' 1-6 game yesterday, plus the defensive lapse, and choose to give him a rest. That is, unless they're trying to show him off to some scouts. I think Lou would like to take a look at the lineup with 4 LH bats in there. Pie Theriot Lee Ramirez Floyd Barrett Jones Izturis
  13. He'd have to go along willingly. Given his past injury issues, and going off of more or less unsubstantiated stories about his somewhat confrontational nature, I don't see that happening.
  14. That'll happen this early in the season when you have a feast or famine offense. When you score as much as 6, 7, 9 and 12 in your wins, it'll offset a couple 0, 1, 2 and 3 run efforts in a loss. They are averaging 2.5 runs per loss and 7.6 per win.
  15. I don't see an issue with the comments.
  16. They could send Cedeno to AAA, or Theriot for that matter. They went from 12 to 11 pitchers when Guzman went down. If they wanted relief, they could get it, in theory. However, the question is who is worth bringing up. Cherry just pitched yesterday, and is no fresher than the other guys (and his spring numbers don't really mean anything). Guzman can't come up yet. As far as I know, Marshall, Novoa, Mateo, Prior and Wood are unavailable. Rapada is pretty worthless. And Samardzija is unrealistic. That leaves Marmol, who is off to a decent start, as a starter, and hasn't thrown since the 14th. So I'm guessing the only option they have is to demote Cedeno and call up Marmol.
  17. Since I don't know the betting "lingo" I don't know what it's called if I think it won't be over OR under, but even... I think Zambrano will have exactly 4.5 walks. push
  18. Sorry, but I'm getting a little thrown off by these two stats....whats the difference here? If you lost 2 in a row, that's not one in a row, but you've still lost your previous game.
  19. Umm...maybe because you never see a flying piece of pizza hit someone in the face at a baseball game. Not to mention the announcers were dying laughing. I don't understand how someone could not find this funny. Because sometimes laughing at other people like a bunch of Nelson Muntz lemmings isn't as fun as it sounds. I think the guy who threw it is a jerk. I don't see why people like to celebrate such behavior.
  20. He's definitely grinding our playoff hopes into dust. Plenty of teams make the playoffs with a complete :?: at the 5th starter spot. That has nothing to do with the Cubs season, unfortunately. Yes it does. My point is that we can still win the Central regardless of performance from the fifth starter spot. We could, but there's no reason to handicap your chances by throwing somebody out there.
  21. I can't stand the Rangers, but I actually would like to see them win this series, if only to bring more attention to hockey. The last time hockey had much pull in this country was the mid-90's, when the Rangers were good. As they and the Blackhawks faded from the scene, so did hockey. Couple that with all the success of expansion teams like Tampa, Carolina and Anaheim, teams that people just don't care about, and I think that added to the demise. The NHL needs the Rangers, Flyers, Blackhawks, as well as probably Toronto and Montreal to be successful to get back to where it was. I'd like to see as many Canadian teams do well as possible, and as many bigger market teams do well, if only to draw in more eyes. If the NYR and NJD advance, the NY media and general fan base is going to respond. If the Islanders did, that would just make it crazy for hockey around here. But Buffalo as the 1 seed is probably just as good. It would be nice to have the star power of Pittsburgh move on, but having a prominent Canadian team like Ottawa won't hurt. From the west, two California teams will bring attention. And Detroit and Vancouver are good to see as well. As a Blackhawks fan, there's more than a few teams in the mix that I'd like to see lose. But as a hockey fan, I think it would be good for some of them to win.
  22. Is this the 8th or 9th game this year where the ump had a bad strikezone? I can think of 2 instances off the top of my head where the umps had bad strike zones this season... but I'm not saying that should be any excuse. Players NEED to adjust to the bad zones. Somebody complains about the zone every game. Miller should get no credit for another supposed bad zone. He's a formerly decent pitcher whose career has been derailed by injury. By all accounts he's trying as hard as he can, working his butt off and giving it his all, but he's just not major league caliber. The Cubs can't afford that type of pitching performance.
  23. Cincy has 3 catchers. I remember hearing their announcers bitching about it on XM.
  24. Is this the 8th or 9th game this year where the ump had a bad strikezone?
  25. Over the course of the season things tend to even out but as far as a single game goes, luck can play a pretty large factor. Do you disagree? Yes, luck plays a part in the game. No, the Cubs didn't lose yesterday because of bad luck.
×
×
  • Create New...