Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,099
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Agree 100%. Early last year he simply wasn't getting it done and I think people had a right to question whether he could turn it on at the big league level. But it is awesome that he has finally broken through. Does anyone know how long Hill is signed? I think it would make sense to approach him shortly and see if we can lock him up to a long term deal, maybe around 10 mill/season if the Cubs take action now. Please don't agree with me if you're going to say stuff like that. People were dead wrong with what they said about him, I just don't think it's helpful to keep rehashing that point.
  2. I don't think 3.5 is low at all. Check out the picks on ESPN and tell me how many of their analyists think the Bulls are going to beat the Heat. A number of members here don't see the Bulls advancing either. Do you see them beating the Heat? Well, then I guess I'll chalk you up for the under. I'd take the under there as well. I couldn't analyze a basketball game to save my life, and I'm just a casual observer, with Chicago biases. I just got the feeling most people here (not ESPN, or national fan bases, just here) thought the Bulls would win the first series and put up a fight in the 2nd. It should probably be an over/under of 5.5 if we wanted to get technical. I thought it would be a good way to start gauging how far people think this team could go.
  3. That was my dilemna. I think 5.5 might have been a little closer to reality.
  4. Who's number is this? Mine. Just trying to gauge what people think they'll do. I assumed most think they'll make it out of the 1st, and win a few against Detroit. I don't think most assume they'll make it out of the 1st. I'm surprised you didn't set it at 3.5. That's the over/under for me as far as disappointment goes. I think 6 is the number. 7 won't surprised me. 8 and above would thrill me. 3.5 is way too low. There's no way that only 50% of this board thinks they'll get through the 1st round. If you set it there, the vast majority would take the over. Similarly, if you set it at 9, most everybody would take the under.
  5. But they wouldn't do that before he retired, would they? no, but soon after is what i meant. :D Oh for sure...I think most people are already over his departure. It's probably best that he came back to baseball, if only to delay the time when that question would become relavent. It'll give time for tempers to cool.
  6. I hope he's not fired until this summer. I spend a lot of time with Philly fans during the summer and there always quite amusing in their disbelief about what's going on with the team. This is something that could carry on for quite some time.
  7. Is there a max? Yes, it's whatever Rich Hill what's it to be.
  8. Yeah, I'm not sure how anybody can be completely unconcerned either. I'm not panicking or giving up or anything. But, it's troubling. It would be something if all 3 of Dusty's big 3 went down with injury after he levelled such tremendous abuse on their arms. I predicted 2 when he came on board.
  9. Who's number is this? Mine. Just trying to gauge what people think they'll do. I assumed most think they'll make it out of the 1st, and win a few against Detroit.
  10. I had a softball game and DVRd the game. I watched it all in about 15 minutes when I got home, only slowing down and rewinding the Cubs runs. I didn't even realize it was the 9th already when Dempster went in there. It felt like the 5th or something.
  11. They won the series up in Milwaukee, what more do you want?! I'm sure they'll win another one sometime in May. I don't mean to sound greedy, I'm just saying it would be nice. It's not a demand.
  12. My early assessment on Hill is that's he pretty good. But don't hold me to that. Seriously though, I think we can lay off the "see what all these people said about him before" posts for now.
  13. I've wanted to do something like this for a long time.
  14. pick pick pick, I'm out of here early today and won't be around to pick all weekend.
  15. We'll beat Miami in 6. Anything further than that is crap-shoot. That would be 4 victories. The question is if you think they'll get as far as 3 victories in round 2. I'll take the under on the 6.5.
  16. Over/under on number of victories this postseason: 6.5
  17. I'm not dismissing it out of hand. I'm refuting the incorrect statements with regards to its benefits and dismissing the way overblown attention people pay to this story.
  18. The shotgun does not do that. The regular snap gives you the ball instantly with eyes forward. The shotgun forces the QB to focus on catching the ball first, which takes a little time to get there. You keep saying the shotgun doesn't help with pass rush. Many others besides me disagree: Did you seriously not read a word I wrote? You claimed you get the ball instantly with eyes down field. I refuted that theory. You get the ball later than you'd get it in a regular snap, and your eyes are not down field while you're tracking the ball into your hands. I don't care if they use the shotgun or not. It's not going to be the difference between this offense moving from middle of the road to elite. Grossman's overall improvement, Benson's development and improving the line will determine that.
  19. I've seen a lot more than one game where his reputation didn't really hold up.
  20. our......he could have not walked two people. call me crazy. I totally agree with not walking people. I also think it was obvious Eyre was running out of gas and under normal circumstances, had others been available, he would have been pulled earlier in the inning. Again, credit Cox for bringing in the RH pinch hitters because he knew the Cubs bullpen situation. The ball to Izturis should have ended the inning without a run scoring; He was too lackadaisical. Why are we crediting Cox for bringing in RH bats to face a LHP? It wasn't a difficult call.
  21. Me too. The plan was to do only rounds 1-3. last week many people expressed interest in going further. But since we're only getting 1 pick a day now, that's going to be impossible.
  22. manuel needs to get fired asap. My favorite part is his justification. I suppose that's a true statement. Some might argue that 220 IP out of one of your best pitchers is better than 70 IP, but those people aren't stupid, so Manuel isn't persuaded. wow. how does this guy have a job in baseball at all, let alone a manager's job. that is terrifying. He's a good baseball man.
  23. Are you referring to calls made by umpires?
×
×
  • Create New...