Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I have very high hopes, I just don't have very high expectations.
  2. USA!USA!USA!
  3. Do you really see them trading him this offseason? There is a gaping hole at 3B. Vitters is young and under cost control for some time. I guess I wouldn't be surprised but if I see them giving him a shot at least. Yeah, I don't think they believe in Vitters as a capable MLB hitter. They traded Colvin and signed a FA RF last year, I imagine that they don't have a problem trading Vitters and going with a more preferred 3B option in FA or trade. I'm confused by the comparison between Colvin and Vitters There are plenty of comparisons. Definitely more of a Hendry regime type player than Epstein. Patience problems. Defensive questions. Not very impressive minor league resume despite showing obviously specific talents and occasional flashes.
  4. That is effectively a veto, there's no reason to pretend otherwise. There is for the purposes of interpreting that report. For all we know, his position was (if the Braves and that trade are still around) that he'd take that trade at the 11th hour if nothing materialized with LA because he'd still rather be in Atlanta than here. We know he didn't accept the deal in place that was presented to him. That's a veto. He can say whatever he wants about considering the next one, but he vetoed the one that is now off the table.
  5. That is effectively a veto, there's no reason to pretend otherwise.
  6. Bean is getting wayyy too much screen time
  7. now they are staging the wally world parking lot scene from Vacation.
  8. Ricky Gervais ‏@rickygervais It's great that Stomp teamed up with Enya to do the music though.
  9. There's some weird Danial Craig/James Bond and the queen in a helicopter thing going on now
  10. http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=3 opening ceremony
  11. Travis Wood has thrown 89 pitches, but he has plenty left in the tank, with his fastball sitting at 89 over the past 10 pitches.
  12. another big lumberer got caught stealing? Hey guys, I think the advanced scouts picked up on your little trick.
  13. http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17u4nzy1ffl56gif/medium.gif
  14. He's hardly the first person to bring that up.
  15. You could say it was early. Week 1 against Atlanta.
  16. From what I've read it didn't sound like that went very far at all. It seemed to be more of a show the trading partners he won't be easy to get gesture more than a real effort. I could be interpreting it wrong, but I think management has doubts about what Garza will bring to the table the next 6 years and would strongly prefer the prospect haul over his pitching value.
  17. My Steelers fan friends say Spaeth was a blocking tight end that doesn't block well. Not sure if true, but I see him as odd man out. I swear I made this exact post when the Bears signed him. LOL. He actually blocked OK last year I thought. Much better than Steelers fans led me to believe he would. I barely remember him playing, aside from a td in philly.
  18. My Steelers fan friends say Spaeth was a blocking tight end that doesn't block well. Not sure if true, but I see him as odd man out.
  19. "[expletive], WHY AM I STUCK WITH THIS TALENTED PITCHER?!?! OH, WOE IS ME." Are you really that clueless or just trolling? Who the [expletive] cares how talented is. A. He's not going to be around when this teams competitive. B. This team needs to be building for the future and acquiring as much young talent as it can. It's not rocket science. We need to turn him into multiple talented pitchers that will be around for when we are competitive, that's what I think most of us would prefer. It's impossible a 28-year-old pitcher will be around when they're next competitive? Don't be ridiculous. Management has given every indication they weren't planning on having him around.
  20. "[expletive], WHY AM I STUCK WITH THIS TALENTED PITCHER?!?! OH, WOE IS ME." You're kidding yourself if you think he's not pissed about this turn of events. They were shopping him around because they wanted to, and now those efforts have been severely hindered. Exactly. I was mostly implying the whole Dempster ordeal which reported he was " furious" and " livid", but you know they were shopping Garza around looking for a huge haul with the extra year of control he had and now that's taken a huge hit. Not being able to trade Garza is more of an icing on the cake thing when it comes to the frustration. Dempster's move was the big blow. But not being able to trade Garza (rather than choosing not to trade him for what was offered) still has to be disappointing to anybody whose job description basically is to exchange assets for assets in a never ending quest to continually improve your team. Had they traded Dempster for whatshisname and Garza turned out to be injured and untradeable, I'm sure they'd shrug it off. But stop pretending it is not a setback.
×
×
  • Create New...