Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Is he just automatically placed on waivers by virtue of being a really old AAA player and the AAA season ending?
  2. Your sig is the dumbest thing in human history.
  3. bigger win total spread, but not a bigger w% spread.
  4. Probably just talk, but if Sveum plans on Soriano, DeJesus, and Garza all being part of the 2013 opening day roster, I'm not sure how much improvement can be made for next years team without significant free agent signings. I expect all those guys on the OD roster next year as well (especially Garza as his value is way down due to not pitching since June). I don't think anyone should be expecting the 2013 team to be much better than the 2012 team I don't really take much at all from a list of names Sveum gave in response to who he is confident will be on the team next year. I doubt he's giving out management's game plan for who is on the trade market and who is not. It's probably just a list of names he knows are worthy of MLB roster status.
  5. There's nothing interesting about that at all. A sane owner approves that trade 101 times out of 100. Not all sane owners are in the same situation. The Red Sox have been big spenders and are a big revenue team. While we as fans often fantasize about "blowing up" a team and starting from scratch, in real life there are considerations that trump that. One is putting a passable product on the field. I think getting rid of Crawford and Beckett was outstanding. If the price was trading A. Gonzalez for prospects, still a good baseball move. But the totality of the salaries involved is large. You know my economic thoughts, Magic Johnson lives in a different world, new guy wants to make a splash etc. But what is Henry thinking? I'm just curious. He's thinking he had the opportunity to off load bloated contracts from a faltering team, so he took that opportunity.
  6. September 3-9? There's a poster specifically about one week of practice?
  7. Is that..., is that the punter? And Gould? What the hell kind of poster is that?
  8. Aaron Schatz bravely picks the Steelers over Broncos as his upset special.
  9. Interesting. I never thought of the throwback being about who the opponent was. That October 28 game lines up with the Halloween game they often wear alternate unis.
  10. http://deadspin.com/5941045/the-rockies-gave-up-a-run-when-the-pitcher-couldnt-handle-a-throw-back-to-the-mound
  11. Pretty sad when I look forward to the Germano starts more than most of the rest.
  12. If two teams tie for the 2nd WC spot will there be enough time to arrange a one-game playoff for the right to go to the one-game playoff? That would probably be a logistical nighmare.
  13. Meph's massaging of his own outsized ego was a borderline insufferable ploy at convincing others (and himself) that he was smarter than everyone else. That said, he was right more often than not and offered impressive analyses. . Well he fooled you.
  14. There's nothing interesting about that at all. A sane owner approves that trade 101 times out of 100.
  15. NBC They were jamming some loud ash music in rockefeller center last night, in the rain with about a dozen tourists milling about.
  16. If you believe those rankings go right ahead. But they are extremely far from gospel. The point is they missed beats after their 2 year run of domination.
  17. "We'll never know if it matters, but it totally qualifies as part of my MASSIVE TON OF REASONS he wouldn't produce" is logical to you? Explain why you think that having a better road OPS proves that hitting in Coors didn't help his performance in home games. Explain where I said I believed that. Kyle is rarely right about anything but he is here.
  18. That's what happens when your goal is to simply make contact with every pitch thrown.
  19. Cubs told Greenberg "No thanks." http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-cubs-take-a-pass-on-greenbergs-comeback-20120904,0,4216882.story Good decision.
  20. top 5 at a position is a loose definition of superstar, IMO Really? What do you guys use? Just curious. I just don't think it is at all realistic to lump all hitters together and choose your superstars. Generally I don't "use" any measure because I don't bother trying to label guys with terms like that. In theory I'd say the guy has to be clearly above and beyond all but one or two other guys at his position. Top 5 at a position wouldn't really fit unless 6-10 are such a huge jump below them. If an argument could be made for you not being on the all star team, you aren't a superstar. I think Castro has a really good shot at being a super star in the not too distant future, but right now, what's he's doing in 2012, I'd just have to say he's one of a small group of really good shortstops.
  21. That's a rather random way to define superstar now. I'd want to have Castro more than just about anybody else because of what his future should hold, but that doesn't mean he is currently the best of the best.
  22. Because that is a pointlessly cautious, boring and counterproductive way to field a baseball team. you worry about not knowing what we have, I think a much bigger concern is wasting the cost controlled quality years of what we do have fielding 90 loss teams and waiting for that porridge to be just the right temperature before taking a bite.
  23. That would be a really strange argument to try and make. They were elite and they took a significant step back from elite. They missed beats. Why would anybody try to pretend otherwise? Maybe I'm misinterpretting your argument, but it sounded to me like you were arguing that they were elite five or six year ago, then went to average. I disagree if that is what you're arguing and I think the weighted defensive efficiency shows that. This may be a semantics argument, but I felt the tone of your post was basically indicating that they were an average defensive team. In fact, you states that. You also said they were not close to elite, and I disagree with that too. Yes, they went from elite to average in a hurry. They "missed beats" as others suggested they never did. They got better since, but they haven't gotten as good as they were when they were the best defense in football and actually a threat to score, let alone prevent the opposition from scoring.
  24. I don't think there is a lot of expectations that Rizzo will become a superstar. A solid player at 1B for many years, sure, but superstar requires a hell of a lot from a 1B.
  25. It needs both. They need super starts a hell of a lot more than they need more average players. There's plenty of average guys already here, or easy to acquire in a hurry. Every team needs superstars more than average players. But the Cubs don't have a lot of either (especially pitching-wise) and, like you said, average guys are easier to acquire/develop. But some teams already have them, the Cubs do not.
×
×
  • Create New...