Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. One could say the same about many here, yourself included. No we can't. Just put me on ignore if you feel the need for superiority. I don't. My point was only that we all speculate on issues 99% of the time. A select few may believe their opinions and personal speculation are fact and incontrovertable, but I think that most understand that its not. Before you came to this thread to preach did you bother to read anything prior to my post? This person has portrayed herself as someone who has connections to either the Cubs or the Tribune or perhaps both. Then she slanders Teddy Greenstein by saying the reason he isn't a beat reporter is because he isn't allowed to travel. Insinuaiting what, I have no idea. Previously she portrayed herself as someone in the know about how MLB operates and how the MLB owners don't like Jeff Loria. When I asked her to subtantiate her opinon, her answer was "trust me I know but I can't tell you because I like my job" or some other such nonsense. I don't know any other people who say they have "sources" or insinuate that they have inside information but want to remain anonymous who post here. She could be legitimate. I couldn't care less. If you can't or won't substantiate your claims, it is best to not make them. And I'm not talking about statistics or who is a better second baseman or what-have-you. But hey, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Preach away.
  2. One could say the same about many here, yourself included. No we can't. Just put me on ignore if you feel the need for superiority.
  3. -Murton is clearly better than Floyd against lefties. DeRosa should be at 2B, with Murton RF against lefties. It's beyond stupid to delay this. -Pie is not likely to perform any worse offensively than Pagan or Jones and is far better defensively than either. He's always adjusted well after moving up a level, and I don't see why he wouldn't do so again, given time. -Cedeno is a good bet to be better than Izturis and certainly isn't likely to be worse. The bottom line is none of these moves will make the Cubs worse, and all have a decent chance to actually make them better. Saying you can't give these guys a shot and keep winning is beyond absurd. It's just plain wrong. Again, you're making these lineup decisions based on what you think or hope will happen. When Pie was up, he was outperformed by Pagan....same can be said for Murton. Sadly, when Cedeno was up, he was outperformed by Izturis and that's hard to do. The fact is those 3 players had their opportunity earlier in the year and all 3 failed or did not meet expectations. Are you kidding? You are kidding? I guess if a guy doesn't "produce" immediately they should be gotten rid of. They should have shelved Soriano a long time ago by that logic. It is really beyond my ability to understand where you get your opinon from. Pie was given a "chance"? Murton was given a "chance"? Cendeno performed badly last year, but there is some adjustment time. What is the cut off so we can have a frame of reference. The player needs to produce in his first 20 ABs? After that he should be given a positon no matter what. Pagan is just terrible. I can't think of another MLB team that he would play for.
  4. Except we don't pretend to be someone we're not.
  5. Holy snikes. They were and are not worse. They all had slumps/adjustment periods that they weren't allowed to work through. Cedeno is absolutely destroying AAA pitching. Pie and Murton cannot be worse than JJ and Ward/Floyd over the long haul. I don't think the Kendall trade was slammed throughout this board, not even close.
  6. Based on her posting history, I haven't seen any reason to believe she is pretending to have inside information or sources. I'm giving her the benefit out the doubt. From other threads I've read, it sounds like there are lots of management people within the Cubs organization and its affiliations that check out NSBB routinely (mostly lurking), why chase them off? As much as I like to hear myself talk, if I had an important position within the ranks of the Cubs organization, I'd probably have a tough time staying off message boards while attempting to remain anonymous. If your employment (and working for the Cubs in any capacity would be an awesome job) depended on your anonymity and protecting insider knowledge, I don't think NSBB or any other message board exposure would be worth losing my job over. Did you read her comments about Teddy Greenstein? She practically slandered the guy in one inuendo dripping sentence. Or how about how the other MLB clubs are embarrased by Loria? Her follow up to those posts were to the extent of "trust me, I'm in the know". BFD. I'll tell you what. This isn't worth getting worked up over. I'll just put her on ignore.
  7. The Cubs aren't on a winning streak. The Cubs are winning. Please, explain to us why now would be a good time to make Murton, Pie, and Cedeno starters. Because they are have the potential to be better than the people they will replace.
  8. And your point would be? If we all had the same identical substantiated bits of drivel, there wouldn't be a whole lot to say here, would there? People have the right to remain anonymous (myself included) and they have the right to form their own opinions. As long as it's respectful, who cares? Neither you nor I pretend to be "in the know" and have "sources" we can't reveal. There is nothing wrong with being anonymous. However, if I had inside information that I couldn't or wouldn't substantiate I wouldn't post inuendo on freaking Cubs fan message board to make myself look important.
  9. She has expressed in other threads that she prefers (and likely for employment's sake) to stay anonymous. And yet she throws out unsubstantiated bits of drivel with almost every post. Maybe she's Paul Sullivan's wife.
  10. What? Please explain. Here in the nonfantasysabremetricswhatever world the Cubs are one of the hottest teams in baseball. Why exactly would you change what is working? Pie, Murton, and Cedeno have ALL shown that they can't handle a Major League job with the Cubs. Theriot, Pagan, and the other players who have been put in the lineup are part of the reason the Cubs are now considered contenders. They have been producing. The Cubs have been winning. That is all that matters. Point 1 Let me try this on you: David Ecstein was the SS for the Cardianls last year. Was he the reason why they won? Is his absence this year the reason why they suck? Point 2 (see bolded part) Not quite. I love the part about "nonfantasysabremetricswhatever world". Go with it.
  11. That is one of the more uniformed posts I've read on here in a long, long time. How uniform is it? Is it a nice uniform, like the Marines? :wink: More like the 1970s Houston Astros or Chicago White Sox
  12. cedeno should be starting. no doubt. if you're against this you're against winning. "If you're against this you're against winning?" You mean the same kind of winning that the Cubs have been doing with Ryan Theriot at SS? There is a hole in your logic large enough to drive an aircraft carrier through. At the same time Asmodai's argument is the sort of thing W would be proud of. That said, I'd like to see Cedeno playing every day. But I'd like to see Murton and Pie playing too. That won't be happening either.
  13. That is one of the more uninformed posts I've read on here in a long, long time. stupid spelling
  14. Was B Bob Feller?
  15. No he's not. I'd definitely prefer to have my pinky toe cut off than my entire leg.
  16. Since the Cubs got him for $10,000 I'd have to say you are correct. In fact, he sucks and always has sucked. If Hendry wasn't a "tools" guy he wouldn't even be on a major league roster. If the Cubs could get anything for him I'd be ecstatic.
  17. I don't really hate anyone I've never met. However, Sullivan comes as close as it gets. I wish that the tribune would cut him loose already. He's made me stop reading the Cubs reports from the Trib. I long for the days when Teddy Greenstein covered the Cubs.
  18. I don't understand the purpose of this trade. Why would a young team that is not that far out of contention want to make themselves worse. Why would the Sox want to give up Danks?
  19. I think the reasons the Cubs are winning has a lot to do with playing inferior competition and luck. The bullpen has performed very well too.
  20. This thread is real, real bad. Because it's already hoplessly out of control, I'll submit this for board criticism, maybe the Cubs are winning becuase Dempster isn't closing? Note: I don't really believe this, but it makes as much sense as Barrett and the pitcher's mental states.
  21. RedIvyCub is a reliable poster. This guy/girl could be Gary Hughes or he/she could be some unemployed carpenter. I couldn't care less and I'm not inclined to believe some random poster on a fan message board. The behavior of MLB officals is very clear, as they've repeatedly stated that they want a baseball team in South Florida and they've done nothing to disuade Loria from making a mockery of the Marlins the same way he made a mockery of the Expos. I don't care what the person's "sources" say. It's sad because if they didn't get dismantled every time they won they'd probably win that division every year. Probably. Wouldn't you take the 2 trophies though? I would. A lot of their problems would be solved if "in the best interest of baseball" Selig would force Loria to sell. The city of Miami has twice offered to give Loria land by the Orange Bowl to build a new park, but Loria wants Dade County to pay for the park. It would *seem* that if Loria was that much of an embarassment to MLB they'd step in and do something. Instead they let him and his son in law do their damndest to destroy the fan base. Fortunately, they have some great baseball people in the GM and his staff.
  22. Yeah, I mentioned a few times his BABIP was only like 243. He does have an 18.7 LD%, but his FB% has increased significantly this year. And since FBs fall for hits at a much lower rate that explains SOME of the BABIP losses. However, hes still getting quite unlucky. BUT, his walk rate is at an all time low of 3.9% (which is bad). In summation, some of Kendall's regression has been his fault, some has been luck. Just eyballing it, I would say its been 50% each. He for sure hasn't performed to the ability that hes showin the past. There is a possibility he could bounce back to his form of the last few seasons, and hitting in Wrigley vs the bottom feeders of the NL will definitely help, but I'd predict his second half performance to fall in the middle of his first half of this year and what hes done the last few years. I expect Kendall's numbers to get better. I hope they bat him in front of Lee though.
  23. RedIvyCub is a reliable poster. This guy/girl could be Gary Hughes or he/she could be some unemployed carpenter. I couldn't care less and I'm not inclined to believe some random poster on a fan message board. The behavior of MLB officals is very clear, as they've repeatedly stated that they want a baseball team in South Florida and they've done nothing to disuade Loria from making a mockery of the Marlins the same way he made a mockery of the Expos. I don't care what the person's "sources" say.
×
×
  • Create New...