Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. I couldn't agree more. Kendall has a past, and the hope was to catch lighting in the bottle. Maybe coming back the central will wake up his bat. I don't see the big deal, its not like Bowen or Hill are any good anyway. I still hold out hope he'll adjust to NL pitching soon and help the club. I totally agree with both of you. When you look at the crap that is available and what the GMs are asking for it, getting Kendall was a decent move. 90% of the players mentioned are players in the "hope to catch lightning in a bottle for 2 months" category. By why do it when you have Soto tearing up AAA? Why trade Barrett in the first place? If you are going to get crap why accept crap? I'm not really against getting Kendall because of who the Cubs had playing after trading Barrett, however, Kendall has a past alright and its a long one.
  2. Those numbers don't clearly show to you that Bonds has a major jump in production post-36 that neither Aaron or Ruth had? No they show that Bonds DID NOT have a major jump in production that people claim he had based on silly biases. Bonds is one of the greatest hitters of a baseball in the history of the game. Steriods or not.
  3. Allright clones In the next segment I'm going to be talking to DeRo from C-town, The Cubs starting........well.............starting all over the place. Ha! Have a take and don't suck. Be right back.
  4. plus Pie. I'd do it. And as Outshined One aserted about two weeks ago, sign Andrew to play CF in the offseasn. I think the Braves might want Hill though. ...I did? *Shrugs* Must be the fine Dutch...um...air getting to my head. O:) Maybe it wasn't you, but it wasn't me either. I do like the idea.
  5. plus Pie. I'd do it. And as Outshined One aserted about two weeks ago, sign Andrew to play CF in the offseasn. I think the Braves might want Hill though.
  6. 1) Is Modzilla a girl? 2) Is she hot? I think an introduction might be necessary. I heard Modzilla has no sexual orientation and reproduces through mitosis by injecting a copy of itself into the dead husk of a banned screen name. Once the new Modzilla gets old enough it kills the old Modzilla and eats it whole.
  7. What? Wasn't he a catcher until the middle of the 2005 season? According to the cube he threw 64 innings in 2003 and 154 in 2004. http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/M/Carlos-Marmol.shtml Yes, I was going on memory, which is falable obviously. Anyway, I like him and his big ears when he pitches.
  8. What? Wasn't he a catcher until the middle of the 2005 season? no, i think he converted in 2002 Well, then nevermind.
  9. What? Wasn't he a catcher until the middle of the 2005 season?
  10. I couldn't find the Carlos Marmol appreciation thread and I looked 4 pages deep. Anyway, I love this kid. To think He's only been pitching in professional baseball for a little over [edit] 4 years [/edit]. Marmol, Howry, & Dempster make a pretty good back end of the bullpen. Dempster actually worries me the most. When Wood gets back they should be Houston dominant of the Lidge, Dotel, Wagner years. Too bad they didn't have this bullpen in 2004. PS> kudos to whomever came up with the Charlie Marbles nickname.
  11. Joe Buck is in love with Zambrano. It is painfully obvious. I actually liked Weird Al for once.
  12. 1) Because he plays for the Cubs and their parade of marginal OF's 2) I'd bet everything I own that Murton's career stats end up more similar to Ryan Church than Bobby Abreu. I don't think anyone called you clueless, but your posts are mostly full of words strung together nonsensensically the way I'd expect anyone who give little thought to what they say would look like. And I will bet everything I own that you haven't bothered to read any post previouse to your first post in this thread.
  13. Did you bother to read any other post before you enlightened us all with the gem above? It is posts like this that are dragging this board down to a lower level. This post and others like them are completely uninformed and vaccous and unfortunately all to indicitive of the general level of analysis as of late.
  14. To me what you have posted there is the biggest cause of the problems when people call someone a "Murton lover" or whatever (not that you are one of them). Murton is not going to be a superstar. He's not going to be great. But what he will do, if past performance is any predictor of future performance, is get on base, hit a few HRs, and hit for good average. These are all things the Cubs need. He might not be better than Floyd, but he probably will be healthier and he's cheap so the Cubs can look to spend money elsewhere. I don't think anyone thinks the Cubs are holding down a potental star, but I think they are making poor decisions. Those poor decisions started way back in the offseason. he would be fine if the team was getting power from more than two spots in the order. If Lee had 18 HR right now, then fine, stick him out there. But people can't say a) we really need more power and b) how dare we don't play Murton in RF They're getting nothing from RF right now in terms of power.
  15. To me what you have posted there is the biggest cause of the problems when people call someone a "Murton lover" or whatever (not that you are one of them). Murton is not going to be a superstar. He's not going to be great. But what he will do, if past performance is any predictor of future performance, is get on base, hit a few HRs, and hit for good average. These are all things the Cubs need. He might not be better than Floyd, but he probably will be healthier and he's cheap so the Cubs can look to spend money elsewhere. I don't think anyone thinks the Cubs are holding down a potental star, but I think they are making poor decisions. Those poor decisions started way back in the offseason.
  16. All the reasons you listed above are stupid reasons to "banish him to AAA. If the Cubs did those things they are stupid. I cannot put it any more simple than that.
  17. I would love to hear from Bruce Miles about whether the Cubs can take on salary. I know what Hendry said publically, but I also know what has been reported elsewhere. If the Cubs cannot take on salary I seriously doubt they will be getting any big names.
  18. He looks effing crazy with a K.
  19. A whole nickel? I'll back Fred and take two bits.
  20. Sure, except this Ryan Church bats lefty, can catch a flyball and score from third on a ball hit to shortstop. The only valid argument in that post is that he is a left handed bat. I guess I imagined Murton dropping two routine flyballs in right field. I guess I imagined the three times early in the season when his crippling indecision as a runner at third cost the Cubs runs. All you need to know about his future with the Cubs is that Lou has referred to him on several occasions as "the guy who played a little right field for us earlier in the year." Lou hasn't spoken Murton's name since he left. They called up the great Jake Fox and then Scott Moore instead of Murton. Lou's "get me somebody who can run the bases and catch the ball tirade" was directed just as much at Murton as it was Barrett. I know Murton's hitting .326 at Iowa. Good for him. I also know that Felix Pie and Ronny Cedeno are hitting .372 and .360 there. Apparently Des Moines has sprung a mountain range since we last looked and the I-Cubs are playing at altitude, it's the only explanation for why guys who can barely hit their weight in Chicago are excelling down there. Murton's only position is left field and that's booked for the next seven and a half years. Try not to get too attached. This post is a veritable cornucopia of knowledge and hard hitting analysis. May I subscribe to your news letter.
  21. Prediction: 1/3 - Cards 2/3 - Reds 2/4 - Phillies 2/3 - Mets 2/3 - Houston 2/4 - Rockies 11-9 over this stretch. I think the Brewers go 9-11 as they aren't the same club on the road. I'd take that.
  22. At least as long as the Marlins have been in existance. I don't know why the Cubs would want to worry about upgrading the bench/marginal talent (although I can undstand that that IS a Hendry move). They need a starting RF or SS. They need one fast.
  23. One bottle of Imodium AD and hunck of cheddar should clear that up in a matter of days.
  24. Now that is thinking like Hendry. I'd be pretty pissed if they traded Murton for Dye. I think they have to trade Murton but they won't get that much in return unless he's packaged.
  25. The Cubs are 25th in walks, 19th in OBP, and 15th in SLG this year. They've gone through six weeks of pitching real well, playing real bad teams, and getting pretting good luck (I don't know what their team BABIP is but it has to be in the lucky range). The Cubs have pitched well and played good defense for the most part and have been lucky. They are in a good position now. I hope now that Lee has got some rest for that wrist hell start hitting some HRs and the Cubs can stay in the hunt. But they will need a lot more good luck and extremely good hitting from Lee, Rameriz, and Soriano the rest of the way.
×
×
  • Create New...