Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CubinNY

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    27,840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    24

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CubinNY

  1. Soriano is not in the "prime" of his career unless he's going to be playing as long as Minni Minoso or Julio Franco. He's 31 and will be 32 next January.
  2. What I've been seeing in names being mentioned, I don't think Hendry can do anything that won't piss off a ton of people. Most of the big names are rentals and people will be pissed if he gives up young players. If he doesn't make a big deal, people will be pissed because he didn't make a big deal. I'm not defending Hendry, but I can see the critics lining up and ready to pounce on July 31st no matter what happens. I think the only way he can please everyone would be to trade Jones, Izzy, and Eyre for Arod plus cash and then resign Arod to an extension at $1 million per year for the next 5 years. I don't know if that is true. But the fact of the matter is that it is Hendry himself who painted the Cubs into this corner. So no matter what happens I think the criticism can be justified. Deep inside of me I'd like to see Hendry trade Z for A-Rod straight up. I don't think Z will be in a Cub uniform next year and Z has a lot of miles on a young arm. He's the bait that can actually bring in what the Cubs desprately need, more bats. I know it won't happen though. That would be tempting, but I just don't have faith in any of our other pitchers to step up to being the ace of the staff. If there was some way to be sure that Zambrano wasn't going to resign, I'd be all over the deal. And who starts game one of a playoff series? (or game 2-3-4 for that matter?) Your choices are Hill, Lilly, Marshall and Marquis at that point...that's not a playoff caliber rotation.... If they're not a playoff calibur rotation without Z they are not one with him either. Z has the worst ERA+ and 4th worst WHIP of the five current starters.
  3. Hendry gets killed for buying high, for not spending enough, for signing cr*p hoping to catch lightning in a bottle, for trading away future superstars for junk, for hanging on to guys too long, for letting prospects rot, for pushing thier development too fast... If Hendry has done it, he gets killed for it, not always for nothing. Well said! I have mentioned and read possible trade targets and/or deals and everyone of them gets attacked by about half of the posters. Imagine if you were the GM and trying to make the real deals instead of all of us pretending to be the GM. This year looks to be a very bad year to try to make an impact deal at the trading deadline, especially for a right-handed bat. If only Hendry had a young, cheap, RH OF bat that had a full year of good production at the major league level to use from the start of the season, he wouldn't be flummoxed by such a poor market. Well written
  4. What I've been seeing in names being mentioned, I don't think Hendry can do anything that won't piss off a ton of people. Most of the big names are rentals and people will be pissed if he gives up young players. If he doesn't make a big deal, people will be pissed because he didn't make a big deal. I'm not defending Hendry, but I can see the critics lining up and ready to pounce on July 31st no matter what happens. I think the only way he can please everyone would be to trade Jones, Izzy, and Eyre for Arod plus cash and then resign Arod to an extension at $1 million per year for the next 5 years. I don't know if that is true. But the fact of the matter is that it is Hendry himself who painted the Cubs into this corner. So no matter what happens I think the criticism can be justified. Deep inside of me I'd like to see Hendry trade Z for A-Rod straight up. I don't think Z will be in a Cub uniform next year and Z has a lot of miles on a young arm. He's the bait that can actually bring in what the Cubs desprately need, more bats. I know it won't happen though.
  5. Apparently, when Towers inquired about Dye, Kenny Williams asked for Khalil Greene and Scott Linebrink. That is high-larious. Why didn't he ask for Gonzalez too?
  6. They realize Murton is sitting in AAA right now, right? But you're not likely to get great numbers from anyone that doesn't get consistent playing time. Exactly. I want to feel excited about the possibility of Murton (and maybe Soto or Cedeno) getting the call, but honestly we all know what'll happen if they do. Arrive at Wrigley, wait 3 days before getting a start, going 0/4 with 2 Ks, banished to the bench for spot duty for a 2-3 week period before being sent down again. Newsflash, Baker isn't here anymore. I think Lou has been good about playing guys that have just been brought up. Also, I think he has shown the willingness to play those who produce, or who have earned more playing time. You are free to think what you like. It's America. I love the idea of earning playing time as if there should be a 1:1 correspondence from each AB to the amount of time one gets to play.
  7. The Cubs are too shortsighted. They think they need a HR hitter and appearently when Murton plays in RF he forgets how to play baseball (at least according to some). Murton also seems to have gotten into the doghouse with Lou for having the termidity to disagree with Lou on whether he changed his batting "mechanics". It's all so very Cubs like to not play the best option at a given positon.
  8. The Phillies are the same number of games out in their division as the Cubs, why would they want to take a bunch of garbage and pay the same amount that they are paying for Burell?
  9. That just means you'll be twice as disappointed when it doesn't happen. :wink: Ouch. Since I'm already losing, I'll mention that it's already happened twice this weekend alone for me....8-) ONCE FOR ME!!! :stickman: :w00t: :trophy: :party1: :jive: :party2: Chicks dig bikers. that's what it was, she finally went for a ride yesterday You're dangerous again. Start walking around in a white T-shirt with your cigs rolled up in the sleve and walk around all day like you've smelled a fart. You'll have more poon than you can handle.
  10. That just means you'll be twice as disappointed when it doesn't happen. :wink: Ouch. Since I'm already losing, I'll mention that it's already happened twice this weekend alone for me....8-) ONCE FOR ME!!! :stickman: :w00t: :trophy: :party1: :jive: :party2: Chicks dig bikers.
  11. I love the logic. Jones is a CFer so he doesn't count. Fantastic. He's played 160+ gemes in CF and 800+ in RF/LF. Jones counts, he doesn't count for much unfortunately, but he counts. I'd get rid of Ward's fat ass in a NY minute if the Cubs could get an 800/900 OPS outfielder to play in RF every day. If they could find one, they might be able to play Pie in CF every day.
  12. The ball has to be juiced
  13. Holy Christ Jay Bruce just crushed a ball.
  14. Hu is at SS.?. :D
  15. I hope Hendry is watching this game and taking notes. 1. Koyie Hill is real bad 2. Angle Pagen is not the answer in CF 3. The Cubs need a power bat 4. They need to get some help sooner rather than later (at the deadline)
  16. That's not his job, that's the job of the team president. Noted Amend point three to read: Hires a team president that fires Jim Hendry on day 1.
  17. I don't really care who owns the Cubs as long as he/she/they 1. Puts an emphisis on modern analysis and player development. 2. Puts a product on the field that is competitive in the NL (not within the division). 3. Fires Jim Hendry on day 1.
  18. Welcome. I'm going to take some heat for this, but Marmol might be a player that could get the Cubs a decent bat in a trade. I'm not saying that I'm advocating for him to be traded, but bullpens are are more tempramental than a 13 year-old cheerleader. I suppose the Cubs could put Dempster on the block, but he has to get healthy first.
  19. Just to nitpick, but thats .100 points of SLG better then Murton. I'd say thats way better. Not in the limited number of ABs. That is the problem with cherry picking small data sets. It's probably the difference of a double or two.
  20. I thought he was going back to play football.
  21. Excellent post. The Cubs haven't developed any position players in a while now. The reasons are probably many, but among those are expecting players to start producing a maximum capacity right out of the gate while at the same time contiuning to play vetrans who suck.
  22. Kroger is also looking pretty good too.
  23. Hopefully he'll replace Samardzija in Peoria when it's time for Jeff to go back to ND. Haha, these posts were from July 16 and 17 of last year on the first page of this thread - and in less than a year, Billy Petrick is in the big leagues. Even funnier, I thought you were making a joke about Samardzija going back to ND to play football. If that makes any sense. ------- Unrelated, I don't see how it is possible for the Cubs are calling Samardzija's pitches. Anyway, what does it really matter? He's in the bullpen now. I thought he was starting again. Hasn't he won his last 2 starts? You are correct. I haven't been paying close enough attention.
  24. Hopefully he'll replace Samardzija in Peoria when it's time for Jeff to go back to ND. Haha, these posts were from July 16 and 17 of last year on the first page of this thread - and in less than a year, Billy Petrick is in the big leagues. Even funnier, I thought you were making a joke about Samardzija going back to ND to play football. If that makes any sense. ------- Edit: Not paying attention makes me look foolish
×
×
  • Create New...