North Side Baseball

9/15 Crew (Gallardo) @ Cubs (Z) 7:05 PM CSN

Andy

So I decided to tune into the game when it was 6-5. First time watching a game in at least a couple weeks.

I still don't think the Cubs will make the playoffs but I kind of wanted to watch some Cubs baseball.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I decided to tune into the game when it was 6-5. First time watching a game in at least a couple weeks.

I still don't think the Cubs will make the playoffs but I kind of wanted to watch some Cubs baseball.

Same here, even if they aren't playing for something there's only 20 games left then winter is going to roll in and by mid Oct./early Nov. I am going to be missing this. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts, even though it wasn't the best of seasons. 3-0 Giants

They really are still in it... somewhat. Colorado plays some hard teams down the stretch and the cubs are hot enough to beat just about anyone right now. If they win today, which seems likely, they can be only 5.5 games back. Odds are still like 10% for them to come back from 5.5 back but still its better than it was a week or so ago.

It's much lower than 10% odds. But I don't think those odds include strength of schedule or how hot a given team is playing so whatever.

BTW, I guess its a good time to play St. Louis as they seem to be struggling a bit. Would be nice to do something crazy and sweep the series against them so the final standings at least look a little respectable for all of history to see.

Hell, if the same stuff happens tomorrow and we win Thursday, we can get to 4 GB with a sweep!

Edited by Rondon Fan

BTW, I guess its a good time to play St. Louis as they seem to be struggling a bit. Would be nice to do something crazy and sweep the series against them so the final standings at least look a little respectable for all of history to see.

Hell, if the same stuff happens tomorrow and we win Thursday, we can get to 4 GB with a sweep!

Wouldn't that be hilarious.

What wouldn't be hilarious is to do all of this and play like crazy the last month of the season and end up falling 2-3 games short, leaving us all winter to lament about how it took 5 months for the 2009 Cubs to get their #$*% together. So for me, it's either stay 5 or more games out of a playoff spot, or do the unthinkable.

What wouldn't be hilarious is to do all of this and play like crazy the last month of the season and end up falling 2-3 games short, leaving us all winter to lament about how it took 5 months for the 2009 Cubs to get their #$*% together. So for me, it's either stay 5 or more games out of a playoff spot, or do the unthinkable.

What would suck about missing by a game or two would be that there would be more fuel for even more curse talk.

2 games short would be agonizing and have Kevin Gregg written all over it.

I know I brought this up earlier in the thread, but a horrible Kosuke slump to end the year is the last thing we needed. Instead of ending the year thinking that he bounced back from last year and is at least a solid player, we have to wonder if we are going to be stuck with random hot streaks and month long slumps for the next 2 years with the team.

I know I brought this up earlier in the thread, but a horrible Kosuke slump to end the year is the last thing we needed. Instead of ending the year thinking that he bounced back from last year and is at least a solid player, we have to wonder if we are going to be stuck with random hot streaks and month long slumps for the next 2 years with the team.

He's been pretty consistent this year, I wouldn't worry about it too much just yet.