Jump to content
North Side Baseball

SeldomSeen

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by SeldomSeen

  1. I can't wipe this stupid grin off my face. Winter's over.
  2. God, I made a mistake already? :? It's Spring Training for everyone.
  3. Last one for the day. After a slow start, a pretty good day afterall: 4 bleachers 4/8 vs Cards 6 bleachers 7/29 vs Cards 2 bleachers 9/2 vs Giants (maybe Barry will be making history???) Good luck everyone!
  4. Finally... 6 Bleachers 7/29 vs. Cards.
  5. 21 tabs in firefox and safari, but still no luck.
  6. Don't usually do this, but... JOIN Huh? I'm lost. Just agreeing with him, that's all.
  7. Don't usually do this, but... JOIN
  8. His upcoming maternity leave will alleviate some of the logjam in the rotation/ pen.
  9. Angel Pagan= SeldomSeen's new made up porn star name.
  10. I think I just heard on an ESPN report that Arroyo signed with the Sox for 3 years, <11 million.
  11. Check out the Events Forum.
  12. Obviously, we feel that it was largely a factor of timely hitting, we just weren't executing in key situations. Walks are nice, but they are not something you go up there looking to do. You have to be aggressive, we preach being aggressive at the plate and if you look at last year's world series you'll see two teams that got there with situational hitting and aggressive at bats, not a lot of walks. As far as plate discipline, we feel that the acquisition of one of the premier leadoff hitters in the game will go a long way toward fixing whatever problem there may have been in that area. Better.
  13. Link Much ado about nothing, or potentially real trouble? I don't like the timing with contract negotiations coming on.
  14. Very disappointing. Mike Davis teams have typically been pretty good at that end of the floor. They also got murdered on the boards.
  15. I agree with you there. :D How? I could understand if they've been a thorn in the side of teams (other than Penn State and Purdue lately), but they have consistently sucked in the Big Ten for years. How can you hate them for that? I hate every Big Ten team because they keep kicking our asses in b-ball every season. Sure, we occasionally pull off an upset or 2 in the tournament, but we never do a damn thing throughout the regular season. OK, I'll bite. I lived 15 minutes outside of Iowa City for most of my life, am going to attend Iowa in the fall, and I can honestly say there is no entity in sports I despise more than Hawkeye basketball. It hasn't always been that way. Heck, when I was kid I didn't mind the Hawks at all. I don't like to generalize, but Hawk fans are the worst excuse makers and whiners I have ever had to deal with. Most of them can't accept that their team sucks, but whine and blame injuries and officiating all season long. At least when the Illini were bad, I could accept it. And when the Illini suck again, I will accept that. But if's, and's and but's are the mantra of most Hawk bball fans. When they win, it's because they are great, but when they lose it is always because of some outside influence. If I sound bitter, that's because I am. Whenever the Illini (or other teams) would beat the Hawks, it would be because: "(Insert Hawk name here) was injured." or "The refs were out to get us." or "You guys were lucky." Hell, even the local news media were that way. I know that basic homerism is to be expected, especially in the heart of a team's territory, but I have lived in a lot of places in my life and nowhere I have I seen it as blatant and unfailing as in Eastern Iowa. But it's not all bad. I made a killing in bets with Hawk fans. :P Never lived near any Kentucky fans, huh? Sorry Wastra, but it's true.
  16. man, you are bitter. no he doesn't... you are just pissed that he just beat your team. he didn't. The referees did. :shock:
  17. So who would you draft with the number two pick? Remember, you're the Saints and no one likes your franchise. And you have no face of the franchise. Trade down. Who do you take after you trade down? There has to be some agenda to it. Cutler. I can't imagine Aaron Brooks will be around much longer. BTW, Vince Young is a MAN.
  18. My observations in this thread are golden (0 for 2). Maybe I should be an analyst or something. Ummm, this Penn State offense is dynamic!
  19. Penn State's passing game looks like a high school's. If FSU would stop committing penalties, they might be up 19-7.
  20. Now is a good time considering they have a huge momentum swing on their side. I'd say they at least tie the game here. Betcha 5 make believe, internet dollars they don't. http://www.5fingermagic.com/_images/images/fiveone.jpg:oops:
  21. Now is a good time considering they have a huge momentum swing on their side. I'd say they at least tie the game here. Betcha 5 make believe, internet dollars they don't.
  22. If you're going to turn it over, I guess that's the place to do it. Maybe the D can score another safety.:P
×
×
  • Create New...