Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. According to the scroll on ESPNews, Hanley Ramirez says he would be open to being traded from the Marlins. Dare we give them more arms to go with Mitre and Pinto?
  2. I agree with your assessment of Ward. I like him, but has little value other than one AB/game. He's not a decent fielder, can't really play 1B and has no wheels. Edmonds and/or Fontenot could be the lefty off the bench if it means getting a player that can upgrade the team.
  3. Never understood the love for this guy. Great glove, poor bat, big contract given the production (or lack of).
  4. Where are the lefties??
  5. If I'm with a youngster, I always sit with me between home plate and the kid. It at least makes me feel like I can get between the ball and the child if necessary.
  6. Didn't Teixiera play a little OF in his career? Don't know the Cubs have the payroll to do it, but if Kosuke ever agreed to play CF, could Tex play RF. Or DeRosa in RF, Tex in LF and Fonzie at 2B. I'd love the Cubs to get a lefthanded power/AVG bat in the lineup regularly.
  7. Try going to: http://www.TimesFour.com It's mostly a Packers site, but it also has forums for all things Wisconsin. I read the Brewers forum regularly. They have some pretty decent posters there.
  8. This bears quoting for it's truthiness. Not just a moron, but a moron with an axe to grind. Dangerous combination. As much as I find Stone a "Cub Basher" (as of late), I think he really has it out for Hendry. He rarely gives the guy credit for anything but continues to point out bad contracts (actual or presumed), bad trades and general ineptness. I would love for Stone to become a GM/Manager so he could be second-guessed as much as he does the second-guessing. No micrphone to hide behind.
  9. I actually think Wood did the job after walking the first batter. He had Molina struck out, but didn't get the call. That non-call changed the whole inning. Does he have to battle through it....sure. And he almost did. He hasn't blown a save and the Cubs haven't lost a game he's pitched in since may 24. Closer give one away once in awhile. Everybody....come off the ledge!
  10. Maybe when he was broadcasting the Cubs. But you obviously haven't listened to him for the past 3 seasons on AM 670 "the Score", the White Sox flagship. Even before this season as their radio color guy, Stone has absolutely NO BALLS when it comes to critiquing the White Sox. He kowtows to the team, the radio station, the on-air personalities and the fans when it comes to anything White Sox. And yet he won't hold back knocking the Cubs. He's become quite predictable. http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_bdh.gif And while I don't disagree the guy knows his stuff about baseball, let's face it....some of his game time predictions are pretty obvious: "A ground ball here and the Sox will turn a double play".......as the opposing team's catcher is at bat. "A good, hard slider down and away and XXXXXX will strike out." "Look for XXXXX to throw a fastball here, and if it's in the zone, Dye is gonna hit it really hard", he flippantly states on a 2-0 count. Gee, Steve. Do you think if the batter pops the ball up someone will catch it? In my opinion, he's gone from being a great analyst and baseball expert to a sarcastic (at times) know-it-all who can't take criticism when called out on the radio by listeners. The Sox can have him! http://timesfour.com/x4graemlins/icon_horse.gif Stone
  11. I'm thinking "birth of a child" is not the reason. Why would the team hold back on THAT announcement??? Players have babies all the time. The official site says he left "to deal with a family matter". If it is a birth, maybe there's some sort of complication or something. Otherwise I gotta believe it's something else. Hope I'm wrong.
  12. Still no word on why he left????? The radio has made refernces to "rumors" but, responsibly, won't share the rumors.
  13. I don't think it's silly to bring someone up for two days. Why go with a short bench? You never know when you'll need an extra bat or fielder. And being up for only a couple days shouldn't stunt a younger players development.
  14. They just mentioned on the radio that there's speculation about why he's left the team. But they didn't say what the problem was. Anyone know???
  15. Didn't he start the rally in Colorado that they ended up winning.
  16. Marmol has only thrown 23 pitches the past two days.
  17. 10-13 on the road is not abysmal, especially when you consider two of the losses were two blown saves in the 9th (last weekend). Switch it around and they're 12-11. If they can continue to dominate at home, and then stay within a few games of .500 on the road, the season ought to be a good one.
  18. I'd imagine most on this board would fire Hendry ( I wouldn't).
  19. Call me crazy, but I always ask the guy selling tickets to see his ID. There no reason he shouldn't show it to you, everyone carries one around. I at least get the guys name (assuming it's a real ID), not that there's anything I can do with the info. But I'd be leery to buy from someone who seemed "suspicious of me".
×
×
  • Create New...