Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Seriously...I expected regression but damn. 1.1 IP 8 ER for Lester, 4 IP 10 ER for Hammel, now Lackey working on 2 IP 4 ER after 4.1 IP and 7 ER the last time out Second run in the first inning was unearned, I believe.
  2. for quite some time now, the opposing batters are getting the Cub pitchers into long ABs. Even when the Cub pitchers are throwing strikes, the opposing batters seem to do a good job of fouling pitches off.
  3. Maybe Pete Rose was right. Nah, he's a douche!
  4. League average, the runner scores 51% of the time. Cubs are at 53% of the time, which is tied for 10th in MLB. Cubs's BA is .373 in these situations, which is 7th in MLB. Thanks, I'm a bit surprised by this. Seems like the numbers would be worse. Maybe because it's so frustrating when they don't score, it just stands out more.
  5. Anyone have the stat/rank as to where the Cubs stand with scoring with a man on third and less than two outs? They seem to struggle very often.
  6. I don't know the stat, but the Cubs really seem to struggle scoring with a man on third and less than 2 outs. Anyone know where they stand compared to league average??
  7. Someone runs for Montero if he gets in scoring position, no doubt.
  8. Or maybe the game can go 15+ innings. Would love to see Bochy have to juggle pinch hitters/double switches just because he decided not to use the DH.
  9. After a taste of MLB pitching, I wouldn't mind Almora going back to AAA to play everyday. Maybe being up for a few weeks gives him a different perspective as to what he needs to work on at the plate (discipline, approach, etc.). He can always be recalled if keeping Szczur and/or Coghlan proves to be a mistake.
  10. Can Grichuk play 1B? Maybe we can swindle them into a trade: Rizzo for Grichuk. I heard Grichuk is gonna be a "special" player.
  11. Don't know that I've ever seen Rizzo this close to the plate. His back foot looks like it's partially out o the box. All game.
  12. I'd stick with Wood on the mound and Strop in LF. No reason to burn Strop with an early game tomorrow.
  13. Walks by Cubs pitchers have really been coming back to haunt them a lot lately!
  14. Offensively, Montero seems to have turned into 2015 Ross, and Ross into 2015 Montero.
  15. He's no spring chicken. I'm thinking early-onset menopause.
  16. Probably not, but is Hendricks untouchable? The Cubs have several untouchables, but I doubt KH is one of them. That said, I doubt he'd be traded, but you never know what his value would be to another team.
  17. Maybe Hendricks is on some teams radar as a possible piece to a trade down the road, and the Cubs are stretching out Warren "just in case".
  18. Funny. I meant Juan Uribe....but you knew that.
  19. "Well, he's , he's the only player I've ever seen, when he was with us, as we've talked about it yesterday. When he was playing second base, there wasn't a better second baseman in the league. When he was playing shortstop, there was not a better shortstop in the league. When he played third, there was not a better third baseman in the league. I've never seen another player like that." -Ken Harrellson, describing Jose Juan Uribe before his second at bat June 19, 2016 How does this guy keep his job???
  20. Man on third, less than two lots. Not their strong suit????
  21. Doesn't do much for the RD, but I'd take it.
  22. But he eats up innings. He's EJax Part Deux!
  23. Not play by play. Just thought it was amusing that his first pitch was a HR and his next pitch a single. Then the boos started.
  24. LOL!!! Second pitch of the game by James Shields is deposited into the left field bleachers by Ian Kinsler. Next pitch after that is a single to right center. Boo birds out early.
  25. Side note - James Shields second pitch of the game is deposited into the left field bleachers. LOL!!
×
×
  • Create New...