Jump to content
North Side Baseball

mk49

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    2,514
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by mk49

  1. I hope so, too, but probably, not in my life time.😅 The current pitching trend/strategy won't change at least for a while. It's hard to believe that Cease (or someone like him) never had a major injury, and that's very rare these days. I think increase in the velo is something for sure, but guys like Steele and Boyd, who don't throw super hard also get injured. So, no matter what the teams do, pitchers get hurt. It's totally different from 20 years ago, when 220+ IP was kind of normal. This year, I've been thinking (kinda negatively) that let young pitchers pitch as much as possible, while they can. In a way, that's what the Brewers are doing.
  2. without a day off + a double header. I'm hoping they'll go 6-5 or 5-6.
  3. Dbacks are paying about $70 million for Burns, Gallen and Kelly this year. That's pretty wild.
  4. Surprise. Just found the Cubs have the 4th highest wRC+ with RISP now. What a turnaround!
  5. Wow, you're right. I just started watching the game to find out. Go Reds.
  6. Miggy was remarkably good with RISP last year. I think wRC+ with RISP was over 200 last year. This year hasn't been as good, but he's still good.
  7. Hats off to the Cubs pitchers. They didn't suck. Only 3 ER on a day like today.
  8. Did we tie the single day HR's record? I thought it was 8.
  9. Yeah, I do, too, except we don't have a backup 1B.
×
×
  • Create New...