Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Illiterate Scholar

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    586
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Illiterate Scholar

  1. The club option for Imanaga, if picked up, would be 3/57, no?
  2. Great work by Civale. Looking like we can get out of this using just Soroka, Civale and maybe Brown. Small victories!
  3. Contreras brothers are famously anti bat flip
  4. I do think Ballesteros will be overrated a bit by Cubs fans this winter. He's certainly been impressive but both Caisse and Shaw were clearly better than him in AAA this year for example
  5. I would guess it's Rea starting game 1 and Assad replaces Alcantara as an extra arm.
  6. Replay did look kinda safe. Nico's reaction makes me question that though
  7. He put 2 on with no out so this might look silly but what's wrong with Thielbar? We doing the last 7 day arbitrary endpoint thing?
  8. Miller was likely going to come in if Busch got to 3rd with less than 2 outs. Totally fine with Happ not bunting
  9. I'm guessing it's the 14 on the active roster now minus Assad and Wicks, to get 12. Perhaps Brown or Hamilton for Rogers but unlikely
  10. I suspect Assad and his 13% K rate probably won't be needed in the WC round
  11. Great all around win* *Due to this result, it cannot be used as a referendum on the team and season, nor can it be used as an example of how they will fare in the playoffs.
  12. I was originally surprised at no Shaw vs a lefty, then I realized he's probably attending a funeral
  13. Yeah, I was someone who thought there was a (small) chance they would re-sign him in free agency, but I have a hard time seeing that now with everything that has gone on the second half. I too have been thinking of the Bryant parallels. At this point, I also suspect he won't be ready for round 1 which will make the vibes around him even more off. In 2026, I'm expecting something like a Cassie/Grichuk platoon in RF. Money will be spent but spread around. Maybe they get Imai or something.
  14. Depends on record vs own division, so still to be decided. They've gotten a lot of Colorado recently which has helped them.
  15. Also Ballesteros off to a fun little start. I didn't realize how stark his splits were in AAA. A guy with that approach I figured would be a little more even. I don't even hate that though, just don't let him face any lefties in meaningful situations. But he's certainly ready to face RHP.
  16. Of all the game thread takes this season, the one awhile ago about wanting the Cubs to act more like the Bears might be my favorite
  17. (They've also played at a 92 win pace going back to opening day) Also saying it's going to be OK for a team with basically a 100% of making the playoffs is not on the same scale as saying this team is garbage or whatever with the 3rd best RD in baseball. That's my opinion though.
  18. I'd also argue heading home 21 games over .500 with a good shot of hosting a 1st round series is worth being at least kinda excited over
×
×
  • Create New...