Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Illiterate Scholar

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    585
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Illiterate Scholar

  1. I know it's Bob but it'd be weird to be this wrong on something so specific. I wonder if he won't end up being right.
  2. I won't pretend to be an expert on why but apparently he is a unique situation and will have a 4th option year, the last year being 2026.
  3. I predict Jed leaves Wednesday talking about the "productive conversations" and "groundwork" and people will have thoughts. In all seriousness, I'd be curious to learn how close this FO views Imai and, say, King. Like is there still a chance they could sign King any day now for the right deal, or are they waiting to woo Imai.
  4. I wonder if the Dodgers would be interested in Taillon (assuming we do add another mid/top rotation pitcher)
  5. I think Cabrera would be less about them selling and more just acquiring different pieces. I'm guessing the Marlins would get their 2026 starting right fielder and an MLB ready pitcher in return from the Cubs.
  6. I go back and forth on how excited I'd be by Cabrera. Obviously the stuff and upside is there but man that injury risk is tremendous.
  7. I feel like we need to add a banner somewhere on here that says this
  8. Wouldn't surprise me if the Marlins trade rumors increase now and Shota took the spot that would've gone to like Michael King or someone like that. I'd probably prefer King over Shota but not by a lot.
  9. And the local cops are not taking it well.
  10. Mooney and Sharma seem pretty confident they will decline the Kittredge option which surprises me
  11. I like Cease and think he'd be a very good fit. He has been extremely durable but do we get worried about the length of time since his TJ in high school? Not to go full Tom..
  12. Also Teoscar has absolutely no clue what he's doing on the field when he's not holding a bat
  13. Brewers just turned the dumbest of double plays
  14. My thoughts Locking Shota in for 3/57 would be really unnecessary at this time. I kinda think he'll still be back either via his own option or the QO as Trueblood wrote a few days ago. But the team option should be declined, at least this off-season, imo. I'm not expecting a lot of new faces on offense. I think Ballesteros will start the season in AAA to work on catching and they'll roll with Caissie, along with a lefty masher like Andujar or Grichuk, as Tucker's replacement. They'll spend big/medium on a SP. I think the uncertainty of 2027 impacts the calculus of signing and potentially losing a year/part of a year of a prime-ish aged bat more than it does a pitcher, especially for a team with as many spots already filled like the Cubs do.
  15. The Brains Behind the Operation got so incredibly lucky PCA hit that ball foul
  16. We're expecting an opener for the Brewers too right? A lefty or Megill is who I'm thinking
×
×
  • Create New...