So is Matt Shaw actually good or was he just a college hitter beating up on the low minors?
If I remember correctly he started hot at double A last season and then fell off towards the end of the year too
Wesneski being taken out at 90 pitches is ridiculous.
Once Steele comes back he's out of the rotation anyway... Who cares if he has a high pitch count right now?
What are the chances he can stick at catcher?
Either way that is a super intriguing bat.
9 walks to 9 strikeouts is impressive anywhere, especially for a 20-year-old at AA.
I don't mind Murphy but I don't want him at 9.
My wish list at 9 is...
1a Nabers
1b Odunze
1c Bowers
2. Alt
If they trade back...
Verse
Murphy
Fashanu
The DE from UCLA.
So dumb to bring Hendricks back and I said that at the time.
The front office really didn't think they had better, younger, wayyy cheaper options in the rotation than Hendricks? That's just bad self scouting.
That makes sense, though I could have sworn I heard an interview with either Jed or Carter in the off-season were they said the main goal this year was to stretch him out and get him going longer into games.
I'm just glad he's not hurt.