It seems like every single year, there is a guy who is ranked in that 6 to 10 range who always ends up falling into the mid to late teens of the draft. Last year it was the catcher that the Red Sox took. I don't know who that player would be this year (maybe Kurtz?) but I'm hoping that happens for the Cubs.
Alcantara ending the year on a tear would be amazing.
He could either be really good trade bait this off season or next, or he can be insurance in CF if PCA can never hit.
No thank you on Moore or the kid from UK.
Don't see exciting ceilings there. Feels like the Cubs have of plenty of that already all through the org. Yesavage would be awesome, keep the pitching coming. Tibbs would be cool too.
I might have missed it but is the Shaw playing 3B dream over? I'm just checking box scores but lately he's either been at 2b or DH.
Either way, nice to see him hitting again. Would be huge for the org if he was a hit.
I think about this all the time. It's amazing how lucky the Cubs got with having all their top prospects basically come up at the same time and all be hits.
I mean it was 108 damn years they were due for some luck right?
But no, rebuilds like that usually don't work out and they usually don't work out that well. Jed and Tom trying to bank on it happening again is horsefeathers.
One of the worst announcers in the business. Guys emotional control is non-existent. He talks through a home run like the teams on a rain delay and then loses his horsefeathers over a warning track shot.
He's absolutely terrible
Andddd that's why I refuse to get excited about Brennan Davis.
Even if he ends up being a dude, he's only going to play 75 to 80 games a year.
He's the Cubs version of Eloy Jimenez.
Mervis is so disappointing. Dude makes AAA pitching his bitch and then comes to the MLB and looks like he's never swung a bat before.
I know that's not necessarily rare but man it sucks.