Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. What a shot by Singletary. Wow.
  2. He should have been in, but I think the reasoning for it was how badly he was being abused by Shaun Livingston. Not like Duhon or Hinrich were doing better against Livingston. Woulda liked to see more Thabo against the Clippers' bigger guards.
  3. UCLA up 35-26 on Oregon at the half, but Tajuan Porter and Aaron Brooks are starting to heat it up from beyond the arc. :? Plz don't blow this lead.
  4. No, they beat ASU in between. Oregon vs. UCLA right now at Pauley - battle of two top 10 teams.
  5. Forget about the rain, the winds will be a big concern it appears. Winds above 20 mph, gusts to near 35 mph.
  6. I can't wait till this weekend, Love's game will be carried by Fox Sports. 43 points thus far sure is impressive, but Gordon and Love are different types of players. Why your team is great right now, why do you care about a high school kid. :D Great? Sure. But we still haven't won a championship since 1995 and definitely not since I enrolled at UCLA. And this team desperately needs a low post guy like Love.
  7. I can't wait till this weekend, Love's game will be carried by Fox Sports. 43 points thus far sure is impressive, but Gordon and Love are different types of players.
  8. I'd have to say both can play a factor but the coach/program, but definitely are much more important.
  9. How's MJ's kid doing?
  10. Despite that, he's getting rated pretty highly in a lot of places.
  11. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms. The NFL probably blocked wbbm780.com from online broadcasting again. :(
  12. I still hate Edgerrin for 1998 UCLA @ Miami. :x
  13. Why are you upset about what Paige says? Everybody with a working brain, knows that the Colts/Bears in 2004, are NOT the same teams in 2007. The Colts are slightly weaker then that team, and the Bears are remarkably stronger then the 04 version. So, if Paige is suggesting that the Colts will beat the Bears something like 41-10, like they did a couple of yrs ago, then he clearly not working on a full tank. Look, I have no problems with the Colts, but I'm tired of the media hyping the Colts as this "unstoppable" machine, that the Bears have no hope of beating. And that is the reason why if I am the Colts, I would be worried, cause the media gave the Saints they same type hype, and look and what the Bears did to the Saints. While I agree that the 2004 results have nothing to do with these teams on Sunday, the Colts team this year is definitely better than the 2004 team-I'm not sure why everybody thinks they are weaker than that team, other than that team scored a lot of points in several games (due to the way that certain teams played them, specifically blitzing a lot). This Colts team is not quite as good as last years, but they are certainly a better bunch than that 2004 squad. Do you think the running game is as strong now as it was in '04? I do, but it's a minor quibble (imo). Their running game was at its peak before Edgerrin's injuries.
  14. Lovie was a first-year head coach. Berrian, Tank and Vasher (and Tommie) were rookies. Ogun, Urlacher, Tillman and Grossman were hurt. Craig Krenzel was the starting QB. No Moose or Benson or Mark Anderson. I could keep going.
  15. The guys at BA were real cool about it - they're sending me another one.
  16. That's how they roll. (On the flip side, my Prospect Handbook's envelope got here yesterday - just the envelope that it was mailed in. It was ripped and someone stole it between Durham, NC and Pasadena, CA. Not cool.)
  17. Probably had something to do with the fact the team has 23 years of history and the former Baltimore Colts will not associate with this team. How about the Edge? There are still Indy guys out there that they could get to at least show some kind of Indy point of view. I've seen a lot of people talk to him this past week. He does live in Miami.
  18. Probably had something to do with the fact the team has 23 years of history and the former Baltimore Colts will not associate with this team.
  19. I'm done with Scott Skiles. What the hell was Duhon doing in crunch time over Gordon? What the hell are the Bulls doing running an iso play for PJ Brown against Elton Brand (in a possesion where Malik Allen and PJ Brown held the ball for all but when Hinrich brought the ball up - meaning Deng and Gordon didn't even touch it that possession)? Oh, and you don't know how big a whiny bitch Sam Cassell is until you see him at a game. Anyone hear the Bears chants? We got a "SEXY REXY" (the jumbotron panned the crowd for Clippers fans and showed a guy in a Rex Grossman jersey) one and a couple "SUPER BOWL" ones. ETA: We sang "Bear Down" on the subway too. Fun times.
  20. He'd be a #1. I think it'd be tough to take the #1 spot from Zambrano, but damn would that be a problem I'd like to have. I don't think Z will be the Cubs best pitcher this coming season. :?
  21. I assume you mean the IU-UW game. I know it is on in the Chicago area, but I heard WCIU and I also heard some PBS station, so I dunno where it is on. What about nationally?
  22. I'm sure that it's because Benson has sucked in pass protection that he received more carries than TJ in a few of the games the Bears have played recently. :roll:
  23. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070131/capt.fljr10401311542.super_bowl_bears_football_fljr104.jpg The Mannings: http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070131/capt.fljr10601311549.super_bowl_bears_football_fljr106.jpg
  24. Sorry to society? What? Did Tank kill someone or something? How did the charges against him adversely affect society? Tankful of Excuses You saw it coming...what a hypocritical hack. ETA: I thought the judge who let him come here was a Packer fan, not a "judge in Bears clothing." While I agree with you...Johnson did say some pretty stupid things there. If you watched the interview, you'll see what Plaschke wrote doesn't match up with the questions Tank answered, making him look much, much worse. And ask Bill where he is when USC athletes are accused/suspended due to rape/assault/drug possesion/etc.
×
×
  • Create New...