Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. You mean taking a 27-foot 3-pointer with 20 seconds left on the shot clock isn't a good idea? They seem to either chuck up a shot right away or play passively and pass it around the perimeter until there are 5 seconds left on the shot clock (this is known as the UCLA game plan against a zone defense :roll:).
  2. What a choke job.
  3. HA HA I love it! Yeah, it was hilarious.
  4. Blowing the lead...
  5. Wow, another turnover-fest for Florida. This is ugly. Go Vols!!
  6. I keep looking at all the mock drafts hoping he somehow falls. But I don't think it's in the cards. :( Reggie Nelson didn't run particularly fast so it's possible he could drop to the Bears. I don't think so, sadly. Also, I think Landry is a better fit for the Bears (and, of course, a better player).
  7. BA story on Pepperdine's Adrian Ortiz (Premium), who the Cubs picked in the 5th round in 2004 but failed to sign.
  8. Santo misses the HOF again, this time by 5 votes.
  9. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070227/capt.azmg20102272209.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg201.jpg Let's see goony complain about Kerry's flappy arms now
  10. Someone's gotta go plant some drugs on Landry or something so he can fall to the Bears' pick. O:)
  11. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070227/capt.azmg20802272117.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg208.jpg Sweet Lou http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070227/capt.azmg20902272120.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg209.jpg Neal Cotts
  12. I didn't see this and hope I can avoid seeing it for the duration of my life. I'd definitely recommend that. That wasn't pretty, I wish the local news would have warned us that was coming when they were showing higlights. :|
  13. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070227/capt.azmg20702272113.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg207.jpg Dempster
  14. Kerry looks angry, Lilly and Hill look...surprised? Confused? Constipated?
  15. Dammit, Luke Babbitt picked Ohio State over UCLA (and Nevada-Reno). I guess we're now looking at Drew Gordon for 08.
  16. So you're saying Schmidt lied? Shocking.
  17. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070226/capt.azmg20502262314.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg205.jpg Santo in Mesa
  18. At this point though, if he's actually pitching, it's hard to maintain the "there's something wrong" idea. There doesn't seem to be much of a secret going on. We're not hearing that he's being held out and we don't know why. He's not in an undisclosed location. His past history is troublesome, no doubt. But as long as he's pitching, I can't help but think that the "June at the earliest" timeframe is just not very likely. If he doesn't feel good after his first start, skips his next and gets some weird schedule, all bets are off. But Prior pitching at this point is completely different than past seasons. There's pitching and then there's pitching. Yes, it's early and I may be wrong but I don't think that I am. IMO you'll see a difference from what you expect from Mark Prior and he'll be a shell of what he once was and he won't have that extra umph he once had. The June is a target date so the Cubs will be able to decide on how to fix their rotation and the time they will give Prior to regain himself. Has Bruce commented on how he has thrown yet? Bruce has, so have Will Carroll and independent bloggers. All said he looked impressive. You can judge next Monday, Cuse. But I think your specific concern (not ready till June) isn't valid, because it assumes he's quite a few steps behind the other pitchers.
  19. I like news like this! Keep that deep rotation competition going! Great news in regards to Gallagher, other reports from AZ had Gallagher as not looking too great. To be fair to those other reports, they were based on Gallagher's first day or two in the big league camp. I'm sure as he got his feet wet, he started doing his thing.
  20. I dont know where that comment came from. I don't think anyone has blindly defended him. The only times I see people really defend his moves is when people jump to the conclusion that he should be fired. I think he's done a wonderful job turning this team around and making us into a perenial playoff team. I think Skiles should play Tyrus Thomas more, but that has nothing to do with Paxson. Paxson has assembled a pretty solid team that can compete in the present and still have a very bright future. I'm pleased with the job he's done so far. It isn't hard to assemble a perianial playoff team, especially in the east. I'm still convinced he doesn't understand the concept of inside scoring. To be fair, he hasn't had many chances at inside scoring in drafts (and as I remember, you wanted Brandon Roy over Tyrus Thomas - TT is much more of an inside presence). There are reasons to criticize Paxson - but I think your way of comparing him to other Chicago GMs based on championship game appearances isn't that great. Also, we don't truly know exactly what Jerry West and the Grizzlies were asking for Gasol, I have no problem in not parting with a combo of Deng and another valuable player on the team as some rumors indicated. Paxson has done a commendable job building up a young team from nothing, he has certainly made a few mistakes but which GM doesn't?
  21. GOOZ GOOZ GOOZ! :D
  22. While this certainly is good news, the bad news is I can't listen to games on Monday because of work. :(
  23. There were hints that Samardzija might even start at AA. I think most of us were surprised at the talk that he was ticketed to Daytona over Peoria. It looks like the Cubs will be aggressive with Samardzija. Gallagher should get promoted quickly (and there is a chance he could start off at Iowa).
  24. Yeah, I don't like my IF and am banking on Kemp getting a lot of PT in my OF (but Lee and Vlad are nice). I do like my rotation even without a #1 starter, but I really don't have one strength.
×
×
  • Create New...