Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. My bad. I was wrong.
  2. I don't believe that's possible. Maybe Furcal. perhaps he didnt mean johnston has a stronger arm than dunston had. by "better" ryno might have been factoring in accuracy too. Oops, the exact word Ryno used was actually stronger:
  3. There's much, much more in there - including details on the starting lineup and Ryan Harvey's last game at EXST (mammoth HR, 2 Ks). Easily the best part was reading about Acosta and Cabrera...hopefully they'll join some others (say, Cuevas, Suarez, etc.) to make another intriguing Mesa rotation this season.
  4. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
  5. Link Thanks, CFiCT (and thanks to Goldstein and Carroll).
  6. Don't make me call Modzilla.
  7. Hopefully to rehab his status as a serious prospect. I know he's only 22 but if he can't hit .270+ and put up an OPS above .800 I have serious doubts he'll ever amount to much. Dunno about that .800+ OPS, especially in a pitcher's league like the SL and his poor eye.
  8. I'm not a fan of Bonds or anything but I thought it was hilarious that he hit that out at Dodger Stadium. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if he broke Aaron's record in LA or San Diego. That'd be classic.
  9. http://www.pjstar.com/stories/042507/CHI_BD1H968U.077.php Story about SS Dylan Johnston. Ryne Sandberg said that Johnston has a better arm than Shawon Dunston used to...and also talks about how he's been struggling with the bat.
  10. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Angel Guzman (0-1, 15.00 ERA, 3 IP) Tennessee: RHP Sean Gallagher (2-1, 3.12 ERA, 17.1 IP) & RHP Kevin Hart (2-1, 3.71 ERA, 17 IP) Daytona: RHP Scott Taylor (0-2, 5.87 ERA, 15.1 IP) Peoria: RHP Jose Pina (0-1, 1.86 ERA, 9.2 IP) Guzman: 3 IP, 0 K/2 BB, .400 BAA Gallagher: 17.1 IP, 17 K/5 BB, .206 BAA Hart: 17 IP, 9 K/5 BB, .200 BAA Taylor: 15.1 IP, 4 K/5 BB, .338 BAA Pina: 9.2 IP, 7 K/5 BB, .250 BAA
  11. Sean Marshall's rehab stint at Daytona was only one start; he's off to Iowa now. Ryan Harvey will be joining the D-Cubs Thursday - supposedly only as a rehab assignment because the FSL has the DH.
  12. This was his one and only rehab start. He's headed to Iowa now.
  13. That Baron Davis ejection was lame.
  14. /crickets chirping in Mississippi enlighten me. What does UK/pinghitter do? He's a scout. For one of the best talent-procuring teams in the majors. What team? Dunno if I'm allowed to say so I'll let him answer.
  15. Veal still struggling with his control, Dopirak back from injury, Gallagher missed a start for precautionary reasons, Marshall back on the rehab trail, Alburquerque and Muldowney on the DL. Oh, and you're really lazy.
  16. /crickets chirping in Mississippi enlighten me. What does UK/pinghitter do? He's a scout. For one of the best talent-procuring teams in the majors.
  17. I wonder how many people go to an 11:30 am AA game? Do they still serve beer at that hour? Enquiring minds want to know. Forget 11:30 - yesterday, Daytona had a 10:30 game (it was Education Day and the crowd was mostly school children - I want to know where my field trip to a minor league game was when I was in elementary school). LOL I went to a game like this last year in Daytona, they handed out some kind of squeking noise maker. It was pure insanity. Gallagher pitched, I think the kids left early which was a major relief. It was nice becuase it gave me a chance to get home at a decent hour (I live on the other side of the state). I kinda wish there were more games played that early. Another nice side effect of games at that time is that they are much cooler than an afternoon game. Oh man, that sound makes it through the radio...felt like I was listening to a soccer game yesterday. Just so you know, I believe they said that Daytona either has 5 total Education Day games this season (there have been two so far) or 5 more this season.
  18. http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_ord_closeradar_plus_usen.jpg
  19. I wonder how many people go to an 11:30 am AA game? Do they still serve beer at that hour? Enquiring minds want to know. Forget 11:30 - yesterday, Daytona had a 10:30 game (it was Education Day and the crowd was mostly school children - I want to know where my field trip to a minor league game was when I was in elementary school).
  20. To top that off, I can't see Samardzija being promoted this soon.
×
×
  • Create New...