Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,645
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Really? I didn't hear Aramis hired Scott. :?
  2. My mom was at the game yesterday and she said she could hear the ball hitting bone. Also, yesterday they had a fireworks show after the game and they had to stop the grand finale and end the show early because fans were setting off (illegal) fireworks in the parking lot and accidentally set fire to some cars. Dodger fans crack me up.
  3. Yeah, I saw that this morning. The KCC webcast is decent. I've listened to their broadcast several times when they played Peoria b/c the volume is actually fine. The volume on Peoria's online broadcasts is evil. And Peoria's website was down last night itself, and it's still down.
  4. And Chris Shaver if you see him during warmups!
  5. I didn't like his call-up last month, but I don't see how you can pin that on the HRs he's surrendered. He was surrendering HRs at about the same rate before the call-up as after the call-up. Sorry, Diffusion. I have no clue what pitches he was throwing. But someone who throws a curveball as often as he does is likely to hang his share of them.
  6. Where does my avatar and sig combo rank, CT? :D
  7. Maybe because Clement's neck and other injuries made it easier to do so?
  8. CF Sam Fuld and SS Jason Simokaitis? Thanks!
  9. Thanks, Brian. Harvey looks kinda thin, especially for a guy who can hit HRs across the street.
  10. I can't view your pics. It's asking for your password...
  11. That was the one game in that series I wasn't at. I was at the Friday and Saturday games. I'll never forget that series, with Hollandsworth's game-tying HR followed by an extra inning win on Friday, and Pratt and Farnsworth gift-wrapping the Saturday game for the Braves (with Grandpa Franco's HR). Franco didn't HR. He doubled to RF after fouling off a bajillion pitches.
  12. Iowa: RHP Jon Leicester (1-2, 4.96 ERA) @ RHP Jared Gothreaux (3-7, 4.28 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Ricky Nolasco (7-0, 2.89 ERA) vs. Enrique Gonzalez (8-4, 3.78 ERA) Daytona: Yorkin Ferreras (0-2, 10.13 ERA) Peoria: RHP Grant Johnson (1-1, 3.27 ERA) vs. RHP Tony Evans (4-0, 1.32 ERA) Boise: RHP Mitch Atkins (0-1, 7.00 ERA, 9 IP) To everyone going to Geneva, enjoy the game and go Chiefs!
  13. I love how every other AZL box score was posted by midday. :x Eeek, Luke Hagerty's ERA up to 27. :?
  14. He has an out clause after two years so it's not like it was a horribly stupid move. It's not like he'd exercise that clause. He did say he wants to remain a Cub for the rest of his life. I'd guess the odds are high he would exercise it if he can make more money, with the Cubs or elsewhere.
  15. Boise down 4-0 in the 6th. Hode is 2 for 2.
  16. Didn't see today's game, but in his last few starts, he seemed to realize he couldn't throw the high heat past hitters anymore (which seemed to be his biggest problem).
  17. 0-0 between Boise and Tri-Cities after 3. Both teams have one hit, Scott Hode has Boise's.
  18. And he went to a coastal California school. Don't hate, Jon. Don't hate on us Californian econ majors who played CF. I'll take Stanford Jr. in the midwest any day. It's all about the weather. And it's imporant to note that Fuld PLAYS CF. You PLAYED CF. I play CF for the City of Arcadia Recreation softball team. He plays for a Cubs minor league affiliate. Obviously, I have him beat there. --- Cliff Bartosh works a scoreless 8th and 9th and Iowa wins 9-4. Daytona lost 4-0. Dopirak's average is down to .243 after an 0 for 4 day. Polanco went 4 and gave up 3 ER.
  19. And he went to a coastal California school. Don't hate, Jon. Don't hate on us Californian econ majors who played CF.
  20. I never really bought into this notion that Corey suddenly decided to bat leadoff a month ago (or whatever) after he came to spring training early to work on his hitting and had a lot of time with Coleman there, etc. It just seemed like another batting order cover story. I don't why there needs to be vast conspiracies having to do with the Cubs batting order, but apparently there are. I blame Dusty. Yeah, I Saw that when it was originally posted and wondered about it...
  21. Based on one Cards fan poster's sig, I'm guessing Vernon Wells might be a possibility.
  22. Rich Hill went 7, struck out 10, walked only 2, but served up 2 more HRs (both 2-run shots). Iowa leads it 9-4 in the 8th. In the second, Brevard County leads Daytona 1-0.
  23. Bah. In the bottom of the 9th, Bacon leads off with a single, Greenberg strikes out swinging while Bacon steals second, Murton strikes out swinging and then McGehee lines in and out of the pitcher's glove. The pitcher then throws McGehee out at first. DJaxx lose 5-3. :(
×
×
  • Create New...