Apparently the gym closed early on the eve of a holiday. :x Oh my! Bacon scores all the way from first base on a Matt Murton RBI single. :shock: The Jaxx are still down 4-3 here in the bottom of the 7th.
Well, Marshall came out for the 6th and has a QS: 6 IP, 3 ER, 4 H, 2 BB, 8 K, 3.18 ERA for WT Jaxx down 3-2 going to the bottom of the 6th, RHP Federico Baez is warming up in the pen. I'm off to the gym, so I can't give anymore updates.
Wasn't Kerry's game last year against Atlanta the one where he popped his blister and got blood all over himself but still kept pitching (and kicking tail)? Davies is a fine pitching prospect. He throws a low-90s fastball, a 12-5 curve and a very good changeup. BA ranked him as the Braves #4 prospect before this season. GO CUBS!
The Jaxx are down 3-2 in the middle of the 5th. Marshall has given up 3 ER: In the 3rd, he gave up back-to-back doubles (the first one was a very close play at 2nd base). The second run of the third scored on a RBI groundout. The runs snapped Marshalls 10+ inning scoreless streak. In the 4th, Marshall gave up a 2-out double and an RBI-single. Sing scored the first Jaxx run in the bottom of the 2nd inning. Reyes hit a squib IF single to score the Jaxx second run in the bottom of the 4th. I'm guessing Sean's night is over. Sorry, I don't have his line score.
Why? Because they call it how they see it? Are you kidding me? They booed a guy that is hitting over .300 because he made an error. You know, it doesn't surprise me at all that they would rather play on the road than at home. I know I wouldn't want to play in front of fans that boo whenever someone makes a mistake.Yeah, let's all sit in our chairs and not say anything. That was a big mistake by Walker. I personally believe the boos to Corey are warranted. So, what does the booing accomplish?
Ooo, Holla has to face a lefty now because Dusty used up 3 players on one AB last inning. Good times. Though I doubt he'd PH Dubois for Holla if Jason was still available.
That's debateable, I wonder if Dusty would have had Corey playing in. If so, I don't think Corey would have caught it. And if Corey caught it, sure, the go-ahead run would score, but that's better than being down 2.
Yes. Once Aramis hit it, he looked and admired it, started running hard thinking it might not go out, and then it went out and he jogged. That was a funny few seconds.
sweet if ronnys running the team at least he will start himself. Nah, Baker is still running the team, Dusty's spot had the sun in his eyes and Ronny's was closer to the clubhouse so Dusty could run back and get a sandwich quicker. If Dusty gets his own sandwiches, then what does Ronny do???
Fair enough, it's tough to decipher listening on the radio, but I thought it was a fair assumption that they were booing Corey. Corey hasn't been helped by the umps at all recently. True, and it's likely that Corey isn't making much of a distinction either. The dude looked like he was ready to break down in the dugout yesterday. Based on what I've read about Corey's personality (I think Corey and I share some personality traits), he's much better equipped to handle the booing than, say, LaTroy, Hundley or Sammy. But there's going to be a point when even he can't handle it.
Fair enough, it's tough to decipher listening on the radio, but I thought it was a fair assumption that they were booing Corey. Corey hasn't been helped by the umps at all recently.