Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,645
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. What fans do? I'd like to hear how booing a player for taking what should be ball 4 is what good fans do. It's what some fans do when they perceive a player isn't giving 100%. They paid their cash for seats, they're entitled to boo any time they want. Maybe some fans are booing stupidly. But that's not what you said. You said "booing is terrible." That's not selective. That's painting with a broad brush. I'd like to hear how you come to the conclusion that all booing is terrible. But they're booing Corey's performance, not that he's not trying 100%. Because it would be even more stupid if they were booing him for that, since he's one of the hardest workers on the team. I have no problem booing someone who's not trying. I think we should probably drop the subject since the game started, but I want the irony noted that a guy with Stephen A. Smith as his avatar doesn't like booing. :)
  2. What's the point? Corey knows he's not doing well, he's obviously trying hard to break out of it. Booing him only hurts him, doesn't help him improve, and doesn't help his trade value if you want to get rid of him. You're not always going to get David Aardsma and Jerome Williams for a slumping player you boo out of town. And it's selective booing, where the heck is the booing for Neifi and others who have struggled at times just as badly as Corey. Huh? We just got Williams for Hawkins who was booed out of town! You're suggesting that GMs listen to the booes and use it as an evaluation tool. Surely you aren't serious. I'm saying booing a guy out of town will not always net us good trades. I'm saying you're decreasing his trade value as you continue to boo him. Heck, look at what happened yesterday. Everyone booed him for striking out looking at what most (besides the ump) thought was ball 4. Corey made a game-saving double play on defense, came up in his next AB, got a standing-o, struck out looking on a questionable pitch and was booed. This is no environment for Corey to break out of his slump, all the while, his trade value continues to go down. This is Corey Patterson we're talking about here, not Todd Hundley. Sometimes, the fans boo a guy out of town and the Cubs get a wonderful trade. Other times, the Cubs have to pay $17M to have him leave. And get Jerry Hairston, Mike Fontenot and a guy who retired.
  3. What's the point? Corey knows he's not doing well, he's obviously trying hard to break out of it. Booing him only hurts him, doesn't help him improve, and doesn't help his trade value if you want to get rid of him. You're not always going to get David Aardsma and Jerome Williams for a slumping player you boo out of town. And it's selective booing, where the heck is the booing for Neifi and others who have struggled at times just as badly as Corey.
  4. yeah but the boo birds were really going to be on him after that pop up on the 2-0 count with two guys on. And that is why booing is terrible. He could have easily been on base 4 times on Friday if Welke got some glasses and yet he's booed for taking pitches out of the zone in 3-2 counts. If you're want an player to improve, don't hate him when he does it. I love how a select percentage of fans can dictate what happens. Especially since based on my experiences at Wrigley, most of them are drunk and not paying much attention to the game. They're just waiting for a chance to boo him. Exactly.
  5. Completely idiotic. This is the second time Corey has shown strides of improvement and Dusty has sat him.
  6. I think having Corey and Neifi hit 1-2 is stupid and I'm a Dusty Buster, but I think it's over the top to say he's not very bright.
  7. Did Polanco start any games for Peoria other than the second game of the recent doubleheader? No, that was his only start for Peoria.
  8. Iowa: LHP Rich Hill (2-1, 3.55 ERA) @ RHP Josh Rupe (1-2, 9.11 ERA) West Tenn: LHP Sean Marshall (0-0, 2.45 ERA) vs. LHP Dana Eveland (8-4 2.94 ERA) Daytona: RHP Alfredo Polanco (Daytona debut, Peoria: 3-0, 5.59 ERA) vs. LHP Josh Habel (3-4, 2.81 ERA) Peoria: RHP Matt Weber (3-8, 3.39 ERA) @ RH Patrick Green (3-6, 4.86) Boise: RHP Michael Hyle (0-1, 1.59 ERA, 5.2 IP) @ RHP Zach Simmons (0-0, 3.38 ERA, 8 IP) Mesa: Same guess as yesterday - LHP Mark Pawelek (0-0, 0.00 ERA, 2.2 IP) Two of the best curves in the system in Hill and Marshall!
  9. He'll keep hitting Burnitz cleanup from time to time, and that is a no-no in my book. Not that I'm in favor of putting Burnitz cleanup...but him being in the 4 spot isn't even near the top of the list of why the Cubs are underperforming. Oh, I agree. Amongst the Cubs offensive problems, Burnitz batting cleanup is not the biggest one, but I still don't like it (I guess that means I agree with you).
  10. How many players go out there and become perfect top of the order hitters out the gate? Very few. Cedeño can put up Neifi's current numbers at the 2 spot now itself and has a future; if Ronny is in the big leagues, I see no reason why Neifi should hit 2 rather than Ronny (or start over him).
  11. Interesting read. His BB-rates really weren't bad in the minors, I thought they'd be worse. Aww, looks like someone is in need of a hug. I volunteer Jon. http://images.minorleagueball.com/images/admin/ankiel2.jpg
  12. He'll keep hitting Burnitz cleanup from time to time, and that is a no-no in my book.
  13. LF Hairston 2B Walker 1B Lee 3B Ramirez RF Burnitz C Barrett CF Patterson SS Cedeño
  14. If this were true, Dusty should be fired for attempting to sabotage the team's chances at success and trying to ruin a player.
  15. I haven't. And I know quite a few others who haven't.
  16. I just saw this on the news and I believe the actual question was something like "How long until you have a permanent leadoff hitter." Corey wasn't mentioned. I wasn't completely paying attention, but I believe the reporter lead-in to the question by mentioning Corey.
  17. That's Matt's professional debut, no? EDIT: Yes it was.
  18. Has Neifi been hitting the ball as hard as Dusty just said he was in the postgame show? (I haven't been able to watch a game in over a week.)
  19. Wouldn't it be every so nice to see Baker fired this offseason and replaced with a competent manager? Too bad it won't happen. :(
  20. Fair enough, I have no problem trading Corey if it improves the team. That's a bit different from just booing his every move (just like the fans booed every ball LaTroy threw).
  21. I doubt it. At this point, I bet Corey could go 4 for 5 with a cycle, make a few wonderful defensive plays and strike out in his last AB and get booed unmercifully. Now that I doubt. I was using a bit of hyperbole, but I wouldn't put it past the Wrigley faithful. The other day, he made the game-saving defensive double play and got cheered. He came up in the bottom of the inning, struck out (on what seemed like a really questionable pitch) and got booed.
  22. What was the problem? Apparently the hard drive was fried. We got a new hard drive yesterday, and I was only able to properly install it now (the tech support folks over the phone at DirectTV aren't that competent :x). And maybe I was better off not watching the Cubs. :|
  23. I doubt it. At this point, I bet Corey could go 4 for 5 with a cycle, make a few wonderful defensive plays and strike out in his last AB and get booed unmercifully.
  24. Most importantly, my DirectTV is working again and I'm watching the Cubs for the first time in over a week!!! :D \:D/
×
×
  • Create New...