Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,647
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. No, San Jose State. They did. They're not much of a threat though. Well, they'll be ranked next week when UCLA rolls into Norman. Ugh, I wish you guys were coming to Norman. The game is in the Rowl Bowl. WE ARE BAD. Our O-line is bad, our qb's are bad or inexperienced, and our WR's are bad or inexperienced. I blame this on our terrible 2003 recruiting class, I think half of the class have quit. It's looking really, really bad. Ahh, a home game. That's good. :) I should try to get tix, make use of my alumni benefits.
  2. Dangit, Tate's on my fantasy team and he's my best QB. Gah.
  3. Season (yeah, I'm probably overreacting). It's not something the team would do, but he's (maybe or is it just Dusty who thinks that?) got the leg injury too. His arm has just not bounced back from the career-high IP and all those pitches thrown in 2003. Gah, I hope Ronny isn't too hurt.
  4. At this point, just shut down Prior. Geez.
  5. They did. They're not much of a threat though. Well, they'll be ranked next week when UCLA rolls into Norman.
  6. Did Oklahoma hold on and win?
  7. Thanks. Dude, where's Pujols, Rivera, and Halladay? I felt with those four, that would be all we would need. BJ Ryan or Mariano Rivera would be a nice addition to the pen, though.
  8. Haha, Corey leading off? Dusty should bat Lee 8th or something. Does Dusty know Walker can lead off?
  9. Whhhaaaatttt???? But Vance, I thought you were against Carpenter? Uh, I mean, he is a Cardinal..... :wink: I know you're teasing, but I've always said I hate the Astros and Cardinals equally. Don't worry. Once Hendry gets us Johan next year, he'll win the Cy over any Card or Astro.
  10. Wasn't he a FA after 2003?? Don't think they gave him an extension. Weren't the Mets really after him?? Yeah, I forgot. According to the ESPN article, the Mets were hard after him, and we were after him too. It says he took less money to stay in Florida. Yeah, that's right. It seemed like he didn't want to leave the Marlins, Hendry sure was interested and made a good offer, if I remember correctly.
  11. I thougt Williams was going to be in the rotation regardless...Prior, Wood, Z, Maddux and Williams. I didn't think Williams' position was contingent on what Maddux does. If no free agents are brought in and Maddux, Prior, Wood and Zambrano are already in the rotation, I hope Williams competes with Guzman, Hill, Mitre and maybe some darkhorse young pitcher for the 5th spot (such as Marshall, Nolasco or Pinto).
  12. I cannot believe this thread is 35 premium pages long. I mean, we're talking about Carpenter vs. Clemens, not Carpenter vs. Zambrano or Prior. I don't know if I should be impressed or shocked with you guys. 35 pages! :shock:
  13. According to Gameday, you are right: Hairston Neifi Lee Burnitz Nomar Walker Barrett Patterson Williams I want to choke the toothpick out of Dusty's mouth and shove it up his ass. And I'm not joking in the least bit. That's not appropriate, threats like that are not torelated at NSBB. You might want to check out the Game Threads Etiquette thread that is stickied at the top of this forum if you need a refresher on the rules in this forum.
  14. Did the Cubs play Detroit twice? I know the Tigers were at Wrigley in early June of 2000. I was there to see Aguilera pick up his 300th career save. Aguilera's 300th save? Oh how I envy you! Hopefully we'll get a Johan Santana - Carlos Zambrano game for a battle of the Venezuelan superstars.
  15. Woohoo! So do the Jaxx host the winner of Jacksonville/Birmingham?
  16. Isn't there a better than average chance that he'll get fired? I thought I read that in the Lou Piniella threads that both he and LaMar were gone at the end of the season. Might be wishful thinking. Given that the D-Rays plan on keeping Upton and Young down in AAA to start next season as not to start their option clocks, I wouldn't be surprised if their management decides to keep LaMar. They're a penny-pinching organization and everyone knows it. I wouldn't be surprised if LaMar's demands for Huff & Baez were applauded by the front office... And heck, replacing him could be dangerous for other teams in baseball looking to acquire various players from the D-Rays. They could end up with some one even worse than LaMar, who could ask for Prior AND Zambrano in exchange for Huff and Baez. Or, worse, they might actually find some one competent and shrewd enough to rip other teams off without them knowing it until a few years down the line. Actually, there's a good chance LaMar might be gone based on something I read in BA, as long as there are changes in upper management this coming offseason. Keeping Upton and Young down would be a decision that the whole organization seems to like. Link to the BA comments: http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/columnists/askba05aug.html
  17. Not too shabby a game for Brandon.
  18. Sounds like Brandon just absolutely murdered that one!
  19. The thing is, Kerry Wood's contract was fair at the time, coming off his 2002-2003 seasons. Greg Maddux, on the other hand, was definitely being overpaid on this contract given his decline. Both are overpaid, obviously Kerry more so since he has pitched so little the last few years.
  20. Matt Cain, a 2002 first round pick, is the Giants top prospect (and a top 20 prospect in baseball). He throws a 92-95 mph fastball, a plus curve and a straight change. His biggest problem at AAA was his control.
  21. Correct, along with Jason Ryan.
×
×
  • Create New...