Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,647
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. That's less points than your football team gives up. :wink: Ouch!! That's because the basketball team actually plays defense. :P UCLA actually started off ahead 14-0, so the announcers had to make about 20 football score jokes.
  2. UCLA beat WSU 50-30. Wazzou scored 12 in the first half. It's UCLA's first 20-win season since 2001-2002. :) Cal beat Stanford at Berkeley by 3 to stay 1 game behind UCLA in 2nd place. Stanford falls 2 back of UCLA. Washington beat a Gabe Pruit-less USC in Seattle to snap a 3-game losing streak. Big game Saturday, UCLA at Washington.
  3. At least I got to watch the very exciting Stanford-Cal game instead. Stupid Bulls.
  4. I don't think Reddick's game will translate well to the NBA. I'd prefer a 4 and a 2 who can create for himself and get to the rack.
  5. Derwood, you better pick up Adam Morrison next year.
  6. Another reminder, tonight's game will be on TNT. :)
  7. who and who? (don't follow cbb nationally) http://nbadraft.net/profiles/adammorrison.asp http://nbadraft.net/profiles/rodneycarney.asp I'll take Aldridge and Carney or Brewer.
  8. They've lacked depth for several years now, I doubt they make it past the round of 16 once they lose the officiating edge they seem to enjoy in the regular season. And UNC ties it up. Part of the reason they lack depth is because they've lost a bunch of players to early entry, but you can't tell me thee's not some junior that can run that offense better that the kid who looks scared to death running it now. When was their last early entry? Deng and Jay Williams(who only skipped his senior year IIRC) are the only that I can think of in the last 4 years. You could add Shaun Livingston to that list too. Duke definitely is not deep and it will be their downfall in the tournament.
  9. Until one of them doesn anything at the big league level there is no sense losing any sleep over this pick. After all we could have picked Jeff Allison, staying with the great prospect pitchers. I disagree, these prospects do have trade value and a better prospect would give us the chance to net a better major leaguer.
  10. I missed the beginning of Bilas's bit, but he went off on how the end of the BC game was a bad call, but that it was isolated. He was getting kinda upset, with the "unless someone can step forward with empirical evidence or a coach steps up" bit, even though I'm pretty sure there is said evidence that Duke gets calls. Vitale blabbered about how they get all the good players, which makes no sense. He also said that they always slash and attack the basket, which to my brief knowledge appears wrong as well. Phelps hardly said anything. Jay here is some facts. Duke plays three guards, shoots a majority of threes, and plays in your face defense. Those three things are what makes them similar in style to Illinois. Illinois usually fouls more than the team they are playing because they shoot so much on the outside and play good defense. Why wouldn't this then apply to Duke, oh whats that, because they are Duke and all white guys so they get every call. Ok that makes more sense. :shock: You don't think a lot of the Duke hate has to do with race? I sure do. It seems to me their most hated players that get every call are all white. Hurley, Laettner, Ferry, Redick, Parks, Dunleavy, and of course Battier. :lol: I think all their players get all the calls. I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here. Battier I was trying to make a joke. I think or thought it was common knowledge most duke players were hated because they are white. I mean after all Redick even said that Paulus would be next because he was, "another great, white Duke player that everyone would hate." Maybe that isn't the only reason why people hate them, but it seems like it to me. On the calls, I still think race plays some of an issue with them. I could be way off, but it seems like it to me anyways. Does that mean all those folks who hate Sheldon Williams are color blind?
  11. Those refs were brutal on many calls. But I'm not sure they determined the outcome. They made it much easier for Pittsburgh to seal the deal, but they may have won without all the help anyway, because Holgrem crapped the bed, repeatedly. Yeah, I'm just disappointed we'll never know.
  12. Ouch.
  13. Just furthering the 'dislikeable' tag.... I really have no rooting interest in this game, though I can't stand Joey Porter. And if they had called the delay of game and everything else had been the same, Randle-El would have been short of the first down.
  14. That should have been a delay of game.
  15. Seattle seems to be getting SCREWED by the refs. Madden and Michaels are being very diplomatic, but it seems like the refs have just screwed Seahawks over and over. They had a TD called back in the first half, the BS hold on the pass that went to the 1, even the BS illegal hit by Hasselbeck on the INT. I'm not a Seattle fan, but it's a shame. Agreed on all three calls. At least the reversed the fumble call.
  16. I guess it isn't just me, but the refs seem to be making some bad calls against Seattle.
  17. Wow, the wheels fell off in the 3rd. :(
  18. Is UCLA the only tourney team out there? Can Cal get in? Besides UCLA, Cal and Washington will probably get in. Stanford might have a chance too (though they probably have to win the Pac-10 to get in).
  19. Yeah, that was 99.
  20. UCLA beats Arizona 84-73 for their first sweep of the Wildcats since 1996-1997. Arron Afflalo broke out of his shooting slump. Washington loses its 3rd in a row, 77-64 at WSU. WSU has 3 Pac-10 wins, 2 of them against U-Dub. Following their upset over Arizona, USC loses to last-place ASU at home, 68-65.
  21. Preach it, raw!
  22. I can see Dempster doing that, but definitely not Cedeno or Murton. Wow.
  23. Why the Red Sox?
  24. I own a "They Gone! Since 1917" shirt that I bought for fun last summer. Naturally it's worth nothing now. Plz buy a shirt that notes the Cubs haven't won since 1908. Now.
  25. Uhh, Eugene Wilson?
×
×
  • Create New...