Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. The Cubs better keep tanking for Robert Stock. And he better be worth tanking for.
  2. :twisted:
  3. Is that for sure now? No, it's not. Rich Hill's demotion throws a wrench into that. Both Hill and O'Malley would be on ideal 4 days rest tomorrow.
  4. Yup. And horribly overpaying for Pierre.
  5. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Angel Guzman (2-2, 5.40 ERA, 23.1 IP, 30/4) @ RHP Juan Dominguez (3-5, 6.98 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Carlos Marmol (3-2, 2.42 ERA, 48.1 IP, 56/21) vs. RHP Anibal Sanchez (2-4, 3.99 ERA) Daytona: RHP Justin Berg (2-3, 4.40 ERA, 45 IP, 41/23) @ RHP Orlando Trias (4-3, 4.95 ERA)
  6. But, he's (Pierre) such a hard worker, misquoted or not to him, Baseball will never be just a game. I don't care what they say (and what their personalities are), I just want the better player.
  7. But look at him while he's kicking ass. He doesn't care.
  8. :( He doesn't really fit their needs, he's more of the mold of recent draftees who become closers and rise quickly through the system(Cordero, the guy on the reds whose name escapes me, etc.) Wagner. Technically, Lincecum is closer material given his resilient arm.
  9. I want Hochevar, Lincecum or Morrow to fall but will definitely not complain about Rowell. I want the Cubs to stay away from a pitcher who's rated higher but falls due to injury (i.e. Scherzer)
  10. Not too many, because of Jacque, Bob Howry and Scott Eyre. :(
  11. I wouldn't say plate discipline is his major problem right now. The K's are a bit high, but his OBP is 100 points higher than his AVG (244/344). 54 strikeouts in 42 games is more than a bit high. His numbers are actually similar to the ones that Dallas McPherson had in the minors. He walked at a pretty good rate, but also struck out way too much. So far, McPherson has been a dud in the bigs, despite showing a good walk rate in the minors. Big league pitchers can take advantage of the inability to make contact in a way that minor league pitchers cannot. Yeah, I agree. McPherson's K problems have been his biggest undoing in the big leagues. Kotchman's struggles have surprised me - even before he came down with the virus, he was struggling. But that was a limited sample and could easily just have been a season-starting slump.
  12. I was shocked to hear Steve Phillips talk about impatient hitters swinging at pitcher's pitches and stuff out of the zone. It was about the most intelligent 3 minutes he's had as an analyst. I don't know what's gotten into SP, but I've seen a couple of his chats on ESPN lately and in each of them he's made a comment about the importance of taking pitches and getting walks. Quote from yesterday's chat to a question re the Angels: He sounded good till the second-to-last sentence. Brandon Wood is having a real rough season down at AA and is showing major flaws in plate discipline. As in, the Angels' offense's biggest problem.
  13. I don't follow. He's probably confusing the up-coming draft (based on last year's record) with next year's draft (based on this year's record). Yes, I'm probably an idiot :x So, who are we getting next year? ROBERT STOCK! Outshined and I are already on that bandwagon.
  14. Link? Check the 2006 Cubs Draft thread in this forum.
  15. Marmol? Carlos is right behind Sean - I think Sean has had a better season.
  16. Funny how some of us called it. :evil:
  17. What does going to USC have to do with it? todd marinovich. over-involved parents (see marinovich). no control of athletes (see the football team). i don't like usc. :D Yeah, I hate USC a lot. I don't think they feed their players steroids, though.
  18. I haven't heard how hard he's throwing. From what I have heard, he's been having problems with his out pitches.
  19. I don't think he's a guy who will ever be the best player on a good team. I don't like spending a top 3 pick on someone like that. Aldridge could be, as could Morrison. Of the top 5 guys in the draft, Thomas is the one I'd like the least. He's not going to contribute to the team next year, he's really young and raw, and isn't as offensively skilled as the other options. Well, none of us can be certain what Bargnani will do. And Thomas has a great mid-range jumper that should allow him to contribute next season.
  20. Daytona had a 9 game winning streak before that loss.
  21. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Jae-Kuk Ryu (1-3, 3.12 ERA, 43.1 IP, 37/17) @ LHP Dan Meyer (3-2, 4.46 ERA) West Tenn: LHP JR Mathes (4-3, 4.00 ERA, 45 IP, 31/9) vs. RHP James Russ (2-3, 3.65 ERA) Daytona: LHP Carlos Perez (0-1, 8.44 ERA, 16 IP, 15/15) @ RHP Jesse Litsch (2-5, 4.53 ERA) Peoria: LHP Jesus Yepez (1-2, 3.93 ERA, 34.1 IP, 19/22) vs. LHP Ryan Mullins (1-1, 5.05 ERA)
  22. He's too old for that.
  23. So the Cubs need a winning streak for this to happen? Hopefully they face Nolasco, Pinto and Welly everyday for the rest of the season. :twisted:
×
×
  • Create New...