Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Woulda been fun to go against all you Mizzou folk.
  2. http://www.baseballamerica.com/online/draft/features/261596.html (Premium)
  3. Yeah, this was the year after JD messed with the Phillies and folks weren't sure he'd sign. He was a consensus top-3 pick (along with Burrell and Mulder) otherwise.
  4. Greenberg? I heard already... :( Wow. :(
  5. UCLA defeated UCI 3-2, thanks in part to Hector Amrbiz's CG. They play the winner of Mizzou-Pepperdine. Pepperdine leads it right now 3-1 in the 9th.
  6. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Jae-Kuk Ryu (2-3, 3.16 ERA, 51.1 IP, 42/18) @ RHP Jared Fernandez (1-1, 3.45 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Bobby Brownlie (1-3, 5.71 ERA, 17.1 IP, 15/8) Daytona: RHP Matt Weber vs. LHP Kyle Aselton (4-2, 4.10 ERA) Peoria (game 1): RHP Todd Blackford (4-1, 4.25 ERA, 55 IP, 23/22) Peoria (game 2): TBD
  7. There goes that dream. :( Somewhere in NE Illinois, UK isn't too happy.
  8. Uh oh. You know they'll go after Pods. Pods .271 .272 .395 line would improve our leadoff spot quite a bit. Even if he settles to last years level of .290 .351 .349 it would be an improvement. Good Lord! And I thought Pierre's IsoD was pitiful. Who do the White Sox have left in their farm system worth pursuing? Liotta? Broadway? I'd want Josh Fields or Lance Broadway. Williamson wouldn't net either.
  9. Forget Guzman and his awful plate discipline, I want Billingsley (if you want a hitter, I'd rather have Kemp).
  10. Really? Even thought he's a Boras client and the Pirates are cheapskates? Those would be fun negotiations to watch, given that Hochevar has almost zero leverage. I'll keep picking him until he's off the board. I really think he'll go #3. Well, we're going for most realistic, so if he didn't go #3 like you thought he would, you have to make him go to the most likely next destination. This isn't just a draft board deal here.
  11. RHP Brad Lincoln, Houston - 3 LHP Clayton Kershaw, Highland Park HS - 1 OF Drew Stubbs, Texas - 1 RHP Luke Hochevar, formerly Tennessee - 1
  12. Didn't the current Pirates owner make Littlefield pass on Upton and take Bullington because he preferred college players? Correct, he loves college players. I think Lincoln is the pick here too.
  13. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP Les Walrond (5-1, 2.37 ERA, 57 IP, 43/31) @ RHP Justin Lehr (0-1, 5.40 ERA) West Tenn: RHP Randy Wells (2-2, 1.31 ERA, 41.1 IP, 36/8) @ LHP Jeff Housman (1-1, 2.77 ERA) Daytona: RHP Mark Holliman (3-3, 3.79 ERA, 54.2 IP, 52/27) Peoria (game 1 continued): TBD vs. RHP Jeff Gray (2-4, 6.53 ERA) Peoria (game 2): RHP Scott Taylor: (1-2, 3.58 ERA, 32.2 IP, 16/4) vs. RHP T.J. Franco (2-0, 1.98 ERA)
  14. And the weather's been heating up!
  15. We go for first to 5 votes or the player with the most votes in 12 hours.
  16. It will be 75°F with a 50% chance of thunderstorms at game time. http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_stl_closeradar_medium_usen.jpg
  17. Not who I'd take if I were them, but 2B/3B Evan Longoria, Cal State Long Beach. EDIT: After seeing texascub's post, let me add who I'd take if I were them: Tim Lincecum. Of course, he's my favorite prospect in the draft, so yeah.
  18. We're doing a mock draft for this year. However, due to time constraints, we're going to have to do it in a quick amount of time since the draft goes down in less than a week. So, this will be run the quick way. Link to thread | Premium Thanks to Outshined for doing this!
×
×
  • Create New...