Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. That's who my dad wants. This draft would be more exciting if my team's pick wasn't 17 picks away, haha. No joke. It ain't easy following a good team. :P Yeah. The NBA draft was boring back in the '90s. *cough* :D
  2. YOU TELL 'EM STEPHEN A.! YOU TELL 'EM!
  3. I hope he falls to the Bulls. He's a great shooter. Yeah a worse Ben Gordon with a bad back that's what they need He's taller and automatic from the line. I love Gordon, but I like JJ a lot too. Which guard in the NBA will J J be able to keep under 50 points? He's a role player, he won't be in there long enough to give up 50 points. Why don't you find out how "Vasqueeze" does in the NBA before saying he's a bust, Dickie V?
  4. Don't hate. Seriously though, it's a bad pick because there's no team players, but he has confidence in Montgomery, but what if they drafted a polished player he'd probably be selfish and my brain just exploded. Don't hate Stephen A. because he's so much more advanced than us mere mortals. His loud rants are what make him so great.
  5. Woulda loved that 2/16 for 4/7 trade that was rumored. Roy and Thomas = happy Raisin.
  6. No Roy, no Sene = sad Raisin.
  7. Don't hate.
  8. Doubt it. You guys need a PG? Farmar dishing to LeBron. =P~ Snow just doesn't cut it for me. Z, Gooden, Varejao, and I guess Marshall in the frontcourt, LeBron and Hughes. Jones didn't exactly curry favor, but a guy who can shoot and handle would be best. I'm hoping for Collins or Brown(although Brown's handle needs work). Jordan can shoot and handle well (he struggled a bit this season because of the ankle injuries). He'll be better than Marcus Williams in a few years.
  9. Doubt it. You guys need a PG? Farmar dishing to LeBron. Jordan's assist totals: =P~
  10. :cry:
  11. HAHAHA, UCLA made him cry. :D 8-)
  12. Hold the presses. Dick Vitale likes a Duke player!?
  13. Por que? To simplify, tools over actual skills/production, and overhype based on a couple games. I'd say being able to fly like Superman and throw it down like he can is an actual skill. If that's his only skill, he won't succeed in the NBA. Thankfully, it isn't. Atlanta's stupidness >>> Portland's
  14. Por que? To simplify, tools over actual skills/production, and overhype based on a couple games. Agreed on production, but disagree on the skills. He's got them.
  15. Don't hate on Stephen A., he's on the Bulls bandwagon.
  16. Por que?
  17. Tyrus Thomas. Yay.
  18. Brandon Roy will make a better impact than Morrison in his rookie year and throughout his career. Shut up, Dick.
  19. Gonna take Thomas. Unless Charlotte takes him. Wow, Adam Morrison.
  20. I'd prefer Roy or Thomas to Aldridge, so this trade better go down.
  21. Wow. Please be there at 4, Roy.
  22. GET BACK TO WORK. At least I have a job. Andrea has a real pretty shot.
  23. DON'T BE HATING ON STEPHEN A.
  24. If the Cubs banked all of their World Series hopes on 1 every 5th day pitcher, then they should be fired for banking all their hopes on 1 every 5th day pitcher. This team is not in the toilet because of Mark Prior. If he isn't worth anything to the Cubs and therefore tradeable for whatever they can get for him, what exactly makes him worth anything to any other team for them to be dumb enough to offer something for him? Simple question. I'm not saying trade him today but very soon. There are a lot of stupid GMs in baseball and Mark Prior is a name player. Now I said stupid, not completely brain dead. I don't have access to what value players have because I'm not a GM. Based on the stupid trades I've seen before, I think if Prior were to put a few really good games together, you could find a team that would give you a very useful player in return for him this year. Now, if that stretch of very good games does come and the trade presents itself, I'd take it. If you don't make that trade, you have to be prepared to wait until his free agency and see what he's done. If you do that, he could leave the team as a free agent if he's good, resign or never have recovered and be useless. I think that's one heck of a gamble to make. We're already assuming he would stay here if he does recover, and even then we don't know if he ever will recover. There's so many variables involved that it just doesn't seem smart to me to take that risk. If they did, of course I would hope that it would work out even though I wouldn't think it would. Indeed, that's the risk you're taking. But keeping in mind that he's not a FA until after 2008, he's still relatively cheap, he has a high potential and is recovering from those injuries, and his trade value is extremely low right now, it's a gamble I am more than willing to make. And if you come back to the trade scenario after a few solid starts...well then, he's probably nearing that great potential of his so I better be blown away with any trade offers.
  25. Mesa wins their first of the season. The final is 8-7, Kitt Kopach gets the save and Alejandro Astorga the win.
×
×
  • Create New...