Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. That's the best avatar I've ever seen, and ever will see.
  2. Guy has Hill ranked as the 15th best fantasy starter overall? :shock: I think he'll be good...but 15th!?
  3. That outfield (LF Murton, CF Jones, RF Soriano) would be well above average in the NL next year. That and a healthy rotation would make the Cubs the team to beat in the Central, IMO.
  4. I am in complete concurrence with you. While neither would be fun, I'd much rather have a bruised jaw than an intrascrotal hematoma. Just my two cents. I'm in agreement here. Bruised nuts are no laughing matter. I'll take a punch to the face over getting hit in the nuts by just about anything. I think I might let a car run over my foot over getting hit in the nuts. I wrestled in college, so I've taken some pretty mean ball shots and some that I can just shake off. Its all a matter of degree. It would depend on the size and speed of the car, the tires involved, and the momentum and shape of the object attacking my junk. After all, when your genitals are involved, you need to make sure you make the right choice.
  5. I don't recall the details of the incident, but reading through this post made me think of it also. Funny someone else mentioned too. All I remember was Dawson getting hit in the head, he went down, the trainers coming out and after a few minutes, he stood up and went after the pitcher. The Hawk was great. BTW, you should add "Put it on the BOOAARRDDDD, YES!" to your annoying sayings in your sig. A team-neutral baseball fan uncle of mine taunts me with that because he knows it annoys the living poo out of me.
  6. I FAINTLY remember another incident where he either got HBP or brushed back, and got up furious. He pointed his bat at the pitcher, and the pitcher all but pissed himself. Anyone else remember that better than I, or at all?
  7. The Royals signed MECHE to a large multi-year contract (that's my joke)
  8. When someone posts an article from Joe Morgan, it's safe to assume that their actual view point is the EXACT OPPOSITE...at least here at NorthSideBaseball.
  9. How on Earth did this thread get to be 9 pages long? I can sum it up in three lines: Dunn K's a lot and his defence sucks, but he walks a ton and hits for great power. Some people think if he just simply K'd less, he'd be a better hitter and they would be wrong. He'll never play for the Cubs. Did that about cover it?
  10. Did Zambrano break his neck in a movie watching accident in this scenario?
  11. I'd be much more surprised if Jennings regressed back to ERA+ 93 or so than putting up another 120 or next year. I'm pretty sure he had struggled with some minor nagging injuries during his so-so years. Healthy, he's a very very good #3 pitcher.
  12. I want Craig Counsil on the team for no reason other than making fun of my non-baseball-fan friend's bowling style, which I likened to his batting stance. (He holds the ball over his head before aproaching) Didn't make any sense to him, but he'll see Counsil some time if he comes to the Cubs, and will know how horrible he looks (and plays).
  13. http://www.progressiveboink.com/dugout/archive/jon85.html Not sure if anyone posted to Progressive Boink's take.
  14. Well, I have a chess tourney at that draft time, so I guess I'm out....sorry guys...
  15. Ill play with Raw if you would be kind enough to allow two more.
  16. Keith Hernandez's daughter is going out with a friend of mine, and I recently found out she lives in my apartment complex. Met her at the pool last weekend. When she saw my Cubs tatoo, she said, "Are you serious? They are the worst team in baseball history." I replied, "Yeah, I put a joke ON MY SKIN." She had one of his gold gloves from the year she was born. Kinda cool.
  17. On a positive note, with all of these negative comments it seems that either Baker is unhappy and wants to leave, or that he sences that his time is up and is venting his frustrations before he leaves. I'm pumped about the recent comments. He has to be gone soon now...right? I really don't think this is the worst team the Cubs have had since I was born (1982), but is this season the biggest trainwreck? Definately!
  18. I DARE someone to beat 31HR. DOUBLE DARE you.
  19. 24 is now my record. Was at 22 with 13 pitches left...
  20. On a second try, I got 12 HR and about 5 come backs. I just sit on the change ups and tee off, but those slurves that go in two opposing directions are nasty.
  21. 4 homers, but hit the pitcher a good 9 times, and that was much more satisfying.
  22. The Cubs site reads as follows right now: "Cubs aim to pick up Rucsh against Tigers" I won't even waste my time or yours trying to make a joke out of it. It's already funny.
  23. Those splits are RIDICULOUS. And it goes to show how much of an impact a incompetent manager has on the outcome of a season. Any rational mind could have a big possitive effect on the offence armed with stats like those. The 1.016 OPS really is shocking to me from Murton.
  24. I remember coming back from an Iowa Cubs game in Colorado Springs and listening to a Cub game on the radio back in 2004 with my parents. They announced: "Glendon Rucsh has been called up from Iowa and will be starting today's game". "Holy (insert your favorite curse word here)!!!" I exclaimed. My Mom said, "What, what's wrong?" I replied, "Did you hear that?!? The Cubs managed to get someone to the majors who is worse than Jeff Fassero! I can't believe Glendon is even NEAR the majors this year! He had like a 6.50 ERA last year with the Brewers! He never once had a good season. What is going on!" "You are over-reacting," my Mom said. So yesterday, my Mom said over the phone: "Holy (insert your word)! Glendon sucks!" ...and she thinks NEIFI is OK!!! I was just listening to a song called "Green Jello Sucks (Theme Song)" by Green Jello, and for some reason, it immediately brought the Cubs to mind.
  25. This is actually a conversation that's been had quite a bit in other threads, but off the top of my head.... Larry Dierker Davey Johnson (though he just found employment elsewhere) Bobby Valentine Jim Riggleman Bob Brenly Lou Brown Leslie Nielsen Punky Brewster Eek! the cat Eek! the Cat!?! No way!!! Bring in Sharky. He'll light a fire under the team, and won't be afraid to yell (or bite) at umps.
×
×
  • Create New...