Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. Maybe Drake was Sale's poker buddy? This is weird.
  2. http://imagesmtv-a.akamaihd.net/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/sweet-robin-game-of-thrones-1422372427.gif
  3. I don't know what's sadder, the fact that Vogelbach was the guy he was able to pick off, or that Vogelbach got picked off knowing they were going to try and have Lester practice pick off throws. I would hope they told Vogelbach to act like the pitcher didn't have any arms or something (like base-stealers treated Lester last year)
  4. I guess I need to start reading Vice Sports.
  5. Fowler...if only I had made a prediction about him...
  6. Ok Mr. Fantasy Fact-checker. What 10 are you putting in? Because when you start looking at who guy #6 would be, it is a bit of a stretch. If it's not a bit of a stretch, it's not bold ...which is why 6 counts as bold, 2008 aside. The way I take the question is "what is an improbable long shot that you would be willing to put money on given the right odds?" Last year I predicted that Fowler would lead the NL in runs scored (he was close) and that Arrieta would finish 2nd in the Cy Young award voting. I was robbed on that last one.
  7. this is not bold. we had 33% more in 2008. 10 all stars.. that's bold. Ok Mr. Fantasy Fact-checker. What 10 are you putting in? Because when you start looking at who guy #6 would be, it is a bit of a stretch.
  8. Fowler has an OPS over .820 The Cubs have 6 All-Stars. Schwarber has over 30 starts at catcher. Adam Warren is 3rd in the rotation come the playoffs.
  9. Or Parra or Olmos or Riefenhauser
  10. Embarrassed to be from the same city as the guy (although he represents the city very accurately, which is Colorado Springs).
  11. http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lohzok3EFO1qame3z.gif
  12. Spoiler Alert: Blues Clues is a cold-blooded killer
  13. Oh come on. We had a lovable mascot on the team last year. Why can't we have a red headed one this year?! It was his appendix holding him back!
  14. Szczur and Alcantara at their best have been less than Victorino at his worst; this is a strange hot take Yeah, Victorino makes sense as the 5th OF. No idea why some people are supposed to that. Why the hell do people want fat-legged Murton in a role mostly used for defense anyway? Because I'd rather have someone that can hit on the bench and let Baez do the late inning LF defense thing (assuming he can). Now...can Murton actually still hit? Well, I would assume if he makes the team, he can. If Victorino makes the team, I'm still going to be fairly curtain he can't. (Murton has a pretty severe .SLG split and reverse .OBP split in his MLB ABs...no idea how to use that info, but I'm sure that Maddon will turn that into wins because I'm racist.) As for preferring Alcantara or Szczer to Victorino, Victorino is 35 years old and those other two might magically blossom into usable pieces in the future...Alcantara more than Szczer.
  15. in favor of whom? MURTON! Or Neil Rameriez, or Rex Brothers, or Alcantara...or maybe even Szczer.
  16. Yeah, I'm fairly stunned by the number of articles I've read that imply Victorino is a lock for this roster. ...I'd prefer he NOT be on the roster.
  17. http://img.pandawhale.com/29537-yesrudy1gif-mEXZ.gif
  18. There have been separate drafts. You can overdraft and then drop the ones you don't want. You can't trade while you're over the limit. Excellent. Thank you. With that said, I would like to jetison some points, and pick up minor leaguers/exempt guys. Who wants JD Martinez or Edwin Encarnacion?
  19. Ok, so now I have some questions about the minor league roster. I saw a comment somewhere that implied that there are separate major league and minor league drafts. Is that correct? And if it is, do we only get a number of picks corresponding to how many "open" spots we have on the minor league roster (so 0 picks if we have 10 minor leaguers going into the draft?)
  20. One clarification question/statement: The minor league players don't count against the 10-player max players kept, correct? But it could be possible for a minor league player to count against the cap, if they somehow were minors eligible but were out of exceptions?
  21. [bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92u08Wmtxwk[/bbvideo]
  22. Heh, mean. Yeah, I can work with this, but it seems like this will be largely a rebuilding year for ThomeDon'tPlayThat.
×
×
  • Create New...