Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,082
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. ...could this team care any less? 14 pitches through 2 innings; at least act like you want to be there.
  2. You're correct, but sometimes you gotta stand pat. Good young ML-ready SS and C talent is insanely hard to come by. Which is why we could stock up the farm, agreed, but I don't think anyone would be wililng to deplete the farm for those guys. And I don't think there's anyone who has enough talent to do it. Or, if they did, you'd essentially be selling them for lottery tickets. Oh I'd be extremely pissed off if either was dealt, it's just a fun thought. Between the two of them I'd bet you could land 4 or 5 top 75 prospects. Completely agreed. Or we could use them to build a team around. This is obviously what I'm in favor of. In fact I'm pretty happy about most of young players including Dewitt. As I said, it was just a fun thought about the huge return they could get. In no way shape or form do I endorse any of them being traded or playing anywhere other than Chicago for the next decade.
  3. Castro now has the third highest OPS for all major league shortstops with at least 275 ABs, behind only Tulo and Furcal. His .318 BA is the second highest in the NL among all players with 275 ABs as well. He's got to be solidly amongst the top 4 for NL ROY, with Posey, Garcia and Heyward.
  4. You're correct, but sometimes you gotta stand pat. Good young ML-ready SS and C talent is insanely hard to come by. Which is why we could stock up the farm, agreed, but I don't think anyone would be wililng to deplete the farm for those guys. And I don't think there's anyone who has enough talent to do it. Or, if they did, you'd essentially be selling them for lottery tickets. Oh I'd be extremely pissed off if either was dealt, it's just a fun thought. Between the two of them I'd bet you could land 4 or 5 top 75 prospects.
  5. Can you imagine what the Cubs could net for a package of Soto and Castro? I know it's not going to happen,if it did I would hate the Cubs, but you could make the farm filthy ridiculously good.
  6. Imo it should be Castro. I give it to the youngest player in the majors playing the defense first position. By the way, Castro now has the third highest OPS for all major league shortstops with at least 275 ABs, behind only Tulo and Furcal. His .318 BA is the second highest in the NL among all players with 275 ABs as well.
  7. So Lou let Z hit even though he was replaced with Marshall? Apparently Lou has no interest in letting Kosuke and Fontenot see the field again.
  8. Baker's inability to throw the ball 20 feet accurately leads to 3 runs so far. Every [expletive] game they manage to do something stupid like this.
  9. Neftali Feliz?
  10. No Reggie Golden? I think he's to 10-12 for me at the moment just based on his tools.
  11. Nothing new to see here. Countless opportunities blown just like they have been all year.
  12. Even if they don't trade Theriot I just can't see anyway they retain him next year.
  13. Never noticed that pretty much every young pitcher on the Cubs has the half grown beard thing going on other than Cash.
  14. That was a pretty awful at bat by Byrd. Right down the pipe and you stand there.
  15. NO way in hell that wasn't intentional. A control artist does not miss by that much.
  16. Yup, he's out. Definitely didn't think he was even close.
  17. A lefty versus a guy who doesn't strike people out; let him swing.
  18. I can't wait to hear Lou justify this. Absolutely unforgivable unless Marmol was saying he was hurt.
  19. Yup here we go. Absolutely terrible managing.
×
×
  • Create New...