Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Yeah but what's left now? There's no more Myers or Odorizzi so outside of Starling and maybe some of their pen arms, what can they really offer?
  2. I've learned something very valuable thanks to this trade. Fans will become completely and utterly delusional to justify moves their team makes regardless of how ludicrous they are. I knew it before, but I didn't realize that there is seemingly no end to the denial. I want to backhand the next Royals fans who says "but it helps us compete now".
  3. Could we really not have gotten just Odorizzi for Garza right now? If they're going to give up all that for Shields you'd have to think it was a possibility right?
  4. He should be fired right now. Any owner who keeps a GM who makes that trade deserves whatever they get.
  5. I can't recall the last time I've seen a trade this lopsided. KC just got absolutely reamed for James Shields.
  6. They should've gotten a legitimate ace like Price for Myers. Not sure if it's sarcasm, but they should have at least used him as the headliner for a guy like Price.
  7. If you're going to trade a prospect like Wil Myers you have to get a better player than James Shields. I realize Shields is a good pitcher but come on.
  8. Marshall drops one too. 3 drops on that drive alone.
  9. Just stop giving the ball to Kellen he's terrible in every aspect of the game.
  10. Nice return Weems. Looks like no one bothered to show up.
  11. Seriously another injury? Half the damn team has gotten injured in the last 3 weeks.
  12. Now we're going to have to hear how this is all Jay's fault when Alshon fell down.
  13. I wonder how many times a team has gone 7-1 and missed the playoffs.
  14. Great defense boys. Way to show up.
  15. Good job Briggs and Hayden.
  16. I'm not going to lie, I really kind of hate baseball right now. Incredibly stupid that the Dodgers payroll is now 200 million ahead of the Marlins and 55 million ahead of the Yankees.
  17. Has any team in the history of baseball added anywhere near as much salary as the Dodgers have in the last 6 months?
  18. 5) Vogelbach 6) BJax 7) Paniagua
  19. Add a bat one way or another, and we could be looking at a fringe contender, one that would have minimal effect on the future plans, aside from the sucking for 2-3 years part. Agreed. It's a team that's interesting, but if they happen to bottom out then we can just gut it at the trade deadline because they're all short contracts.
  20. Add Dempster and one of Grilli/Adams and suddenly I'm feeling pretty good about the pitching staff in 2013.
  21. Jesus Christ, people. Someone's going to end up giving Bourn 18+ a year based on this.
  22. Always had a really nice K/9 and Gives up fewer than 1 hit per inning. On the negative side he has lost 2 MPH off his fastball in the last couple years and his pitch value on his fastball has been absolutely terrible. I don't know the specifics about why the guy's 92MPH fastball is so bad, but if they can fix that he'd be interesting.
  23. I always think Shane Victorino when I think about what Almora could become. If all goes perfectly he may have a bit more power than Victorino and hit for slightly better average, but I think that's the basic player mold.
  24. All the scouting reports said Almora had good discipline so I'm not going to worry much about a fairly limited amount of plate appearances this year.
×
×
  • Create New...