Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,115
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Vizcaino, Blackburn, Zastryzny in that order.
  2. Don't go. Or at least give as little money as you can to the HOF when visiting. I will never step foot in the HOF/pay to be there. I'm in complete agreement with this. I wont ever forgive them for what they did to Santo.
  3. If I remember correctly he was basically asking for 5 years all at free agent prices instead of 2 years at arb prices and 3 at FA prices. If I had to guess based on that I'd think he asked for 5/75 to 5/80 which is absurd. Figure in two years of arbitration is roughly 12 million that means you're be giving him 20 to 21M a year over the last 3 years comparatively.
  4. The bullpen should already be vastly improved, but throw Storen in there and it could be an a top 5 bullpen. I don't think I'd really care about moving a Hendricks or Ramirez for him. I might even be convinced to go Christian Villanueva if the medicals look good.
  5. http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/20956/plan-is-same-as-cubs-await-tanaka-decision If 7/$182 doesn't get it done, then screw baseball. If that type of deal is offered and he goes elsewhere, then I can't get even get mad at Theo and company.
  6. Yeah, it looks like I misunderstood what Brett wrote over at Bleachernation today. Here's a link. Sorry about the misunderstanding. http://www.bleachernation.com/2014/01/14/report-cubs-talking-to-fox-about-tv-deal/comment-page-1/
  7. Looks like the rumor is that FOX is trying to attain WGN. If so, this could be absolutely huge for the Cubs immediate future.
  8. Exactly. If he does what he did last year while maintaining his roughly 10% BB rate from the last few months he's elite. If he reduces his K rate to sub 20% then we've found someone who may be a generational talent.
  9. I've never understood this line of thinking. Suzuki isn't even a natural born Japanese player, he's from Hawaii. Who knows if he even speaks the language. Put yourself in Tanaka's shoes. Does one Japanese team having a random guy with American background really factor in to whether or not you'd sign with that team? I figured he was talking about Ichiro...not that a lot of other things aren't still wrong with that. Makes more sense at least. Even so, I don't believe it's at all a factor. If having a Japanese speaking teammate is a big factor then Theo I'm available for one hell of a lot cheaper than you can land Ichiro.
  10. I've never understood this line of thinking. Suzuki isn't even a natural born Japanese player, he's from Hawaii. Who knows if he even speaks the language. Put yourself in Tanaka's shoes. Does one Japanese team having a random guy with American background really factor in to whether or not you'd sign with that team?
  11. Nice tackle Jennings. Would be nice if just once the first Bear to the ball could make a tackle.
  12. The mighty Riley Cooper dissecting this stout defense.
  13. A no show in all facets. At least they're being thorough.
  14. I'd pull my starters on offense if I was Trestman. I don't particularly care what happens to the defense.
  15. haha, on pace for the 84-0 route. Good thing the Eagles don't have anything to play for.
  16. I feel bad for whoever is facing McCoy in fantasy. He's going to put up a 30 spot tonight.
  17. I don't want him hurt, I just want him off the [expletive] field.
  18. The sack wasn't really Cutler's fault. Forte got blown up by his assignment.
  19. Nice. Maybe it can be 21-0 before the 1st quarter ends.
  20. Over before it even started.
  21. By which you mean the last 3 or 4 seasons. He never should have made the team this year to begin with.
  22. Haha, all the scrubs are taking the Bears out of it before they even get a chance. No reason whatsoever for Hester, Conte and Podlesh to be on the team next year.
  23. Conte and Podlesh do so much to hurt this team it's absolutely unexplainable how they're still on this team.
  24. Jeffrey is a monster.
×
×
  • Create New...