Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. If Theoyer is nearly certain that Schwarber can stick as a COF then he easily becomes my favorite underslot option. College bat with a giant ceiling, yes please.
  2. Adding guys like Rosscup/Rivera/Vizcaino is going to make the BP absolutely ridiculous next year. Can't help but feel bad for Parker though.
  3. Also, apparently his Ks were down because he was asked to pitch to contact and induce grounders. I really want Butler.
  4. CJ projects as a #4? This is news to me. There are a lot more who say he can be #2 than a #4.
  5. It was definitely Harold. He said that Appel was going to be in that Astro's rotation as soon as July or August of last year. They're also really good at comping people to only other player's with the same skin color even if the comp doesn't make any sense.
  6. Marlin So it looks like unless one of Aiken or Rodon slip, we're going under slot.
  7. I'm looking forward to the first player who tells his coach to go screw himself when he asks him to pitch on 2 days rest.
  8. It really is unfortunate that he has a very minimal chance of sticking in the OF. His bat has the type of upside I would OK with as a COF.
  9. I may be way off base but this made my heart sink a little, because I was hoping for at least one guy who could start or play in the OF or C next season. This makes me re-rethink when they plan on being competitive. Am I wrong? I don't see why getting a pick would be any different than getting a high ceiling, high risk minor leaguer as part of a deal, they just have more control over who that guy is. I don't see it as having any relevance to when they're going to be competitive one way or the other. Maybe a year or two's difference in regards to impact on the big league club? We would be trading our ace, so I was hoping that in return we would get someone starting next season who could begin to fill that void, or at least filling the OF void. It's not like the pick is going to be the primary piece. It would likely be the tertiary piece in the deal so it doesn't really matter affect the time line at all.
  10. Welcome. According to Marlin it's looking like Aiken/Rodon or underslot right now. At least that's what I got out of his latest message.
  11. I've managed to sell myself on Pentecost, but I don't know if I could do the same thing on Conforto. If it's not a premium position I need more upside in the bat than that. edit: This draft absolutely sucks.
  12. What is Singleton's appeal? He seems to be extremely similar to his predecessor Chris Carter. I mean I guess I could see the guy putting up a Nick Swisher line, but I'd expect more from a guy people consider to be the best 1B prospect in the game.
  13. Gordon doesn't need the swing overhaul Turner does. And Gordon has a better arm and sounds like the better defender. I really hope the Lindor comp is legit because I love him as a prospect, but it's really scary taking a guy at 4 whose bat upside is fairly minimal.
  14. Sounds like the high school version of Trea Turner....
  15. lol wtf I know it's a stupid notion and one start should have zero effect on his trade value, but giving the other GMs anything to point at is a bad idea.
  16. Yeah just keep the trade piece out there to get lit up, brilliant managing.
  17. Can we just offer him a contract and throw him over at 3B please?
  18. The unfortunate side effect of using the vast majority of your valuable picks on pitchers outside the 1st round. There's no way they can do that strategy again in 2015 or the farm is going to be hurting badly for position specs in the long term.
  19. If one were to read into the fact that Alcantara has played a game in CF, would the most logical reason be that there have been team's asking about Bonifacio in trade talks? I assume it's because they see Baez as the long term 2B.
  20. Yeah I'm not seeing the problem. It sounds like if the MRI is good tomorrow he can start throwing again.
  21. Is Nola's change up really only a 50-60 on most people's boards? I had heard a few people say he had the best one in the draft. If so, that's really disappointing.
  22. I wouldn't do it with Javy, but I'd feel pretty decent about locking up Bryant so that he could be on the 2015 opening day roster. Seems kind of ridiculous to keep him in the minors for a full year more.
  23. 2015 and forward is going to be some really exciting baseball. Hell I kind of want Alex Jackson just so Cubs can blow away every other team in the power department.
×
×
  • Create New...