Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. The best fans in baseball showing how great they are yet again. Apparently Lucroy was sabotaging Wainwright because there is no way Adam could have simply been rocked. http://www.jrn.com/wi-sports/milwaukee-brewers/Cardinals-fans-did-not-like-seeing-Lucroy-catch-Adam-Wainwright-267261611.html
  2. Not a fan at all of strike 1 on Castro or strike 2 on Rizzo. If those are strikes this zone is enormous.
  3. So apparently there isn't even any damage to the UCL, it's just abnormally small. http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2014/07/15/astros-accused-of-manipulating-draft-and-medical-evaluation-rules/
  4. These kind of things are surely going to change player/scout perspective of the Houston organization. Then again I thought when the Phillies completely screwed over two of their draft picks in the 2013 draft that that would have repercussions and it really didn't.
  5. Not really sure why it's that particular word that set everyone off when we use violent terms constantly to describe hard hit balls or home runs.
  6. Thank god, I was so ready to say screw Wrigley and move elsewhere.
  7. Great peripherals. 3.80FIP 2.89xFIP K rate has jumped up almost a full 2.5k/9 this year.
  8. Something more than minimal, but still affordable. Yeah, I didn't actually ask a true question there. But if Hamels can be had for his entire contract and we give up nothing higher in value than Johnson and Vogelbach, where does he rank in the top tier guys? Personally, I'd put him 1st. Why would you have him ahead of Lester? Yeah he's not quite as good as Hamels, but he also would take zero prospects and doesn't have a history of arm issues. I've got little confidence in getting top guys to commit here without seriously overbidding until we're better. I saw Gammons mention 5/120 on Lester, by the way. I'd take Hamels at less money and it'd help show the FA class a few months later we're trying to compete. Possibly helping land a good OF or even another solid SP. I would think Theo's relationship with Lester would help quite a bit, but if it did indeed take soemthing like 5/120 then yeah I'd be out on him. After the Red Sox offered him 4/73 and he declined, I thought there was a rumor that he'd have accepted at 5/100.
  9. Something more than minimal, but still affordable. Yeah, I didn't actually ask a true question there. But if Hamels can be had for his entire contract and we give up nothing higher in value than Johnson and Vogelbach, where does he rank in the top tier guys? Personally, I'd put him 1st. Why would you have him ahead of Lester? Yeah he's not quite as good as Hamels, but he also would take zero prospects and doesn't have a history of arm issues.
  10. I'd like Lester on a 5/100 deal. Then give me any of Liriano/McCarthy/Demp/Masterson on a one year deal. Shields is a wildcard for me. If he pitches like he has since May then I want no part of him, same thing if he wants a 5+ year deal. However, if he recovers and pitches like he did in his last start then I wouldn't mind him on a 3/55 year deal with a 4th year option(18M) even though he's 33.
  11. Um, isn't that kind of a lot for Peavy? 4.81FIP 4.46xFIP, K rate down, BB rate up velocity down to 89.7MPH from 90.3. More would have to be coming from Boston right?
  12. I'd expect to have it show up next year or 2016, but who knows. Sandberg still has half a season to test out that arm.
  13. Hamels missed the first month of the season with shoulder issues and has been the most abused pitcher in baseball since his return. http://www.baseballprospectus.com/sortable/index.php?cid=1657933 Giving away prospects and a lot of money on that risk terrifies me.
  14. I know it's not going to happen, but part of me really wants Rodon to completely stiff the White Sox.
  15. Jon Singleton not exactly lighting the world on fire either.
  16. If I'm Aiken I take it. Sure it's not 6.5M, but that isn't a huge discount for a guy whose future looks to be bound for Tommy John.
  17. Between this new Aiken situation and the well documented and terrifying risks that Rodon carries, I'm game for just ignoring pitching in the 1st round on a permanent basis unless Strasburg/Price is available. Should be fun to watch the Cub Facebook fans freakout when Theoyer takes another bat in the top 5 next year.
  18. I'm not sure what to make of Jimmy Nelson. His numbers are amazing, especially for the PCL, but he's also already 25 which makes me wonder why the Brewers didn't bring him up long ago.
  19. Those same Oriole fans telling me that either Gausman or Bundy was a better return than Russel. The same Oriole fans that assured me a package starting with Eduardo Rodriguez would get a Samardzija deal done.
  20. I can wait an extra three weeks to keep him an extra year.
  21. I appreciate their votes, but I'm still not voting for Porcello over Chris Sale.
  22. I don't even see anyone particularly note worthy playing today in those lineups.
  23. I choose to believe this FO is smart enough where they wouldn't even consider disciplining Len for going after meatballs. If anything he should be applauded for it.
×
×
  • Create New...