Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Met starting pitcher Seth Lugo has a slight tear in his UCL, but will avoid surgery in lieu of the almost never successful platelet rich plasma injection followed by rest. So much for any rotation depth in New York this year.
  2. The Cardinals are going to be paying a catcher over $18 million for his age 37 season. They are going to be paying Fowler and Molina $35 million. Come the historic FA class of 2018/2019 I suspect they're going to regret this massively.
  3. Now begins the Cardinal fan speculation that they'll be landing Quintana for Kelly,Bader and Adams and whatever else is blocked or invaluable to them.
  4. 3 years at 18M a year is a number that keeps getting thrown out there. If that's the case, then I'm going to be doing a lot of laughing.
  5. Looks like Cubs still have interest in Alex Cobb http://www.tampabay.com/sports/baseball/rays/alex-cobb-bracing-himself-for-possible-farewell-season-with-rays/2317075
  6. I really can't believe Eloy, who hasn't even seen A+, is absolutely mashing the way he is in spring training. In my mind he's not far from being completely unavailable pending some kind of ridiculous overpayment.
  7. I continue to appreciate Theo more and more.
  8. So Carter Capps has now added a second hop to his delivery because it wasn't bad enough he was getting away with one. http://www.barstoolsports.com/baseball/it-looks-like-carter-capps-has-added-a-second-hop-to-his-already-borderline-illegal-delivery/
  9. I have no real explanation for it, but I've just felt really good and really positive about this trade from the moment it happened. Almost like it's destined to be and we're just waiting for the epic moment to happen.
  10. One of thew few owners who was a bonified fan. It's unfortunate he never got that World Series win.
  11. Cubs must have been really down on Dewees. Mills wasn't a top 15 guy in their system, a bottom tier system, but has decent stuff. Consensus is that he's bound for the pen, where he's more a depth guy than a set up guy. I honestly don't see where we have room for him on the 25 man.
  12. Absolutely love this as a reclamation project, even if it only turns into a pen arm. There's enough there to hope Bosio can turn him into something big.
  13. God Law's list was terrible, it's becoming clearer and clearer that's he's joining the the Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless route of writing/reporting. Besides that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Eloy struggle at A+ this year. He's not a polished product like Schwarber or Bryant were. The only thing that makes him comparable is that they share similar ceilings. With that said, and yes I've said it before, Eloy owns a combination of talents that is just ultra rare in the minors. He has the kind of talents that let you dream of the Cubs adding another game altering bat to the already ridiculous trio of Schwarber, Rizzo and Bryant.
  14. I personally don't think De Leon is a starter, but hopefully TB thinks he is and is willing to part with someone accordingly.
  15. I'm not sure what the practical realistic answer is to this sudden epidemic. I'm pretty sure the guys back in the 70's and 80's drunk drive just as much, but damn so much young talent lost just because they couldn't pick up the phone for a cab.
  16. Granted I only really started following the minors intensely about 7 or 8 years ago, but right now it is as barren as I have ever seen it for true impact bats. There are plenty of huge power guys like O'Brien or Gallo, but they come with huge K issues or some other huge flaw. In my opinion, you have two true impact bats in the minors right now and that is Cody Bellinger and Eloy Jiminez. BA put a 60Bat and 70power on both of them. There's a world of 20/20 potential down in the minors, but guys who could hit .300 and 30+ bombs? Right now there's just two who are flashing that talent. If Eloy gets moved, which I'm very much starting to doubt, it had better be for a really special talent.
  17. I'm all about making fun of the Orioles. But HOW is getting a 5 year younger Trumbo, who hit 47 homers AND keeping your 1st Rounder, a worse idea than signing a declining Bautista, at 36 and losing your 1st rounder in the process? 3/37.5 isn't remotely a bad contract. The 1st rounder doesn't matter, because they gave up receiving a 1st rounder by resigning Trumbo. Also, Trumbo has had one good half of baseball in the last 3 years. Giving a DH who has only exceeded an .800OPS two times in the last 6 half seasons nearly 40M seems like the opposite of a good deal. They could have given Chris Carter 1/8 and gotten the same results.
  18. In typical Orioles fashion they give Mark Trumbo 3/37.5M rather than going after Joey Bautista because their don't like him.
  19. They don't have to be aces, a person who I was convinced could throw 100IP of sub 5.00ERA ball would be nice.
  20. Just Luis Castillo was a steal, let alone the other two. 10/10 times I'll accept a SP prospect who hits 97 and is age appropriate in return for Dan Straily
  21. Fairly disappointed if a decent starter doesn't end up here. As of right now the Cubs are a worse team than they were just a few months ago.
  22. Tyson Miller is my #1 choice.
  23. Boring pick, but Jose Albertos.
  24. In no particular order 1. Jeff Bagwell 2. Larry Walker 3.Gary Sheffield 4.Tim Raines 5.Manny Ramirez 6.Ivan Rodriguez 7. Edgar Martinez 8. Barry Bonds 9. Roger Clemens 10. Curt Schilling Edgar Martinez, Sammy Sosa and Vlad Guerrero were the three I was looking at for my final spot. Sosa I felt ok bumping down because of the corked bat stuff, but I'm not sure if I feel OK moving Vlad out just because he kept playing defense which stole a lot of value from his bat as opposed to Edgar who just DH'd and didn't lose any value in the field. However, for now I'll go with Edgar with a chance to switch to Vlad later.
  25. I had no idea where to put this since our international threads only go through 2016, but Estanli Castillo looks like the next major talent that will be available for the Cubs to bid on in July 2018. [tweet] [/tweet]
×
×
  • Create New...