Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Shut out 5 times in 24 games, while 44 of their 99 runsscored have happened in 3 games.
  2. I still think he has mid rotation upside or at the very least a good long man out of the pen.
  3. Through 16 games the Cubs now have 93 hits which is the 2nd lowest in the league ahead of only the Mets who have 89 hits in 4 fewer games. The team immediately ahead of the Cubs is the Yankees who have also played 16 games but have 108 hits. Leading the league is the Red Sox who have 174 hits through 18 games.
  4. A lot of bat first catchers, with the physical tools to stick behind the plate, but enough offensive potential to still be valuable even if they have to move to a corner.
  5. Trainer gives them supplements, they pop them immediately no questions asked and go about their day, acting surprised later on when they get popped for PEDs. A lifesaving vaccine appears and suddenly they need to be thoroughly educated before they can make an informed decision.
  6. They hit Contreras 7 times in the last 13 games, but according to Brewer fans he's a jerk and cry baby for the way he acted after the HR. Intentional or not, if one team is drilling me over and over, including one in the head, I'm not handling it near that well.
  7. This team is starting to look special kinds of bad
  8. Remember when there were aspects of this team that were likeable?
  9. Setting the over/under at 75 wins. If they were in a division that wasn't awful, I'd probably have them at 72.
  10. The team just continues to wring out the last few drops of interest I have in paying any attention this year.
  11. I haven't watched any games yet, but if that's where the booth is headed in relation to any advanced analytics, you can count me out. If I want to hear how great batting average, rbis and pitcher record is I can find plenty in the cesspool that is Facebook and reddit. Yes, as David implied, Boog is great at breaking down advanced analytics. He's really good at showing how they truly apply in in-game situations. He just calls it nerd baseball, jokingly. He's like a version of Len that is amped up on coffee. I am happy with the booth. If that's the case than I'm happy with it, I thought you meant he was going all old timey baseball on the broadcast which I can't stand.
  12. I haven't watched any games yet, but if that's where the booth is headed in relation to any advanced analytics, you can count me out. If I want to hear how great batting average, rbis and pitcher record is I can find plenty in the cesspool that is Facebook and reddit.
  13. Hasn't this pretty much been the case for the better part of a decade now?
  14. They're apparently paying like 95% of what's left on Dex's salary. So they're pretty much paying Dexter Fowler not to play for them. Yeah, it really doesn't make any sense unless they have another OFer ready to go. They can't seriously be starting Bader, Carlson and O'Neil with Lane Thomas as the 4th OFer.
  15. Apparently the rest of MLB has decided to give gifts to the Cardinals, who after getting Arenado for nothing, will be moving Dexter to the Angels.
  16. Wow is this return looking underwhelming
  17. I'd really like to gamble on Folty. There was never a reason given to why he was so emaciated last year. If he has himself together now physically and his velocity is back up in the 94 range he could be a good #2-3 type.
  18. It's going to be really fantastic when Rizzo,Baez and Bryant all walk for some picks.
  19. I'm sure vlad and Bichette wouldn't be on the table and probably not Pearson, but I certainly would love to get something starting with Austin Martin and Simeon Woods-Richardson, grab a third like Manoah and that would be a haul.
  20. Seeing this thread bumped, knowing what it was going to be about, and still reading it is the very definition of being a Cubs fan now. God it sucks ass. Has an owner ever gone from beloved to absolutely loathed as fast as the Ricketts have managed to? It's amazing how fast this franchise has gone from in the tank to amazing to back in the tank.
  21. If the Jays could pick up Bryant, that has the potential to be one monster offense.
  22. I was never disappointed in the value of the return, in fact I think it's pretty good, I was disappointed it likely meant a tear down rather than a reload.
  23. I sat on that wait list for about 7 years and last season when they finally called me, I said no thanks. I don't love the Cubs, let alone the current Cub team, enough to stomach giving any of my money to the ghouls in charge.
  24. Braxton Garrett+ Edward Cabrera would be pretty much best case scenario for me. I don't think Max Meyer would be on the table.
  25. I'd love SWR, really big on him. Same with Miguel Hiraldo to a lesser extent.
×
×
  • Create New...