Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. You have an ultra mobile QB and choose to call a run up the gut on 3rd and 4th. I just don't get it.
  2. The Orioles are pulling away in the fecal league standings. Today marked their 18th loss in a row, their 2nd loss streak of 14 or more this season. Their record now stands at 38-85 good for a .308 winning percentage. That puts them on pace for a 50-112 season. This following a 54-108 record in 2019 and 47-115 in 2018.
  3. Yup, this defense is really impressive
  4. Bears D getting eviscerated by Trubisky. Not a good look.
  5. I don't care what your perspective on prospect value is, 24th is just wrong. It's going to look even more foolish when the Cubs have 5 top 100 guys, 2 of them top 50, come mid-season lists in '22.
  6. Up to the 8th pick. The remaining games with the Twins, Royals and Rockies are going to be pretty big.
  7. Pretty funny that right now the #1(Arozarena) and #2(A.Garcia) odds on favorites to win AL ROY are former cardinals. The #3 in the NL, Wisdom, is also a former Card. How things have changed over the last 10 years.
  8. Only 2 games out of that 5th spot already. Maybe I was too quick to say the 5th pick was best case scenario.
  9. I'm starting to think 120 losses might be optimistic with this team over a full year.
  10. I think I'd have to be convinced that this team isn't worse than the 2012 squad
  11. I figured 5th pick was the best case scenario, but this team has got me dreaming even bigger.
  12. Am I ok with calling "someone" out for racism? Yes. Obviously. Who exactly was the victim here? While not directly named, there was a fan accused of repeatedly shouting a racist term at a player. There are videos of that fan, and people can figure out who he is. While perhaps a bit odd that he was so intent on getting a mascot's attention, he didn't deserve to be labeled a racist. Again, get the facts straight before issuing public statements. I'd virtually guarantee he has been identified by internet nuts and I'm sure, even after he was proven innocent, that he's being threatened and harassed.
  13. this is pretty good overall but i still kinda hate how uninspiring 1B/DH remains; have to think you can aim a little higher on potential there..with likely DH, Josh Bell becomes a good target or maybe Luke Voit Anthony Rizzo idk I kind of like the idea of Mancini if you trade for him and extend him at like 3/45. I don't think he'd take much to acquire and while he's bad in the outfield, he's ok defensively at 1B and you can expect him to give you a 115-120 wRC+.
  14. The return is looking promising, but I'm still pissed that the FO had their hand forced into trading Yu simply because the Ricketts wanted to shed payroll. The circumstances definitely suck, but it's starting to look like a really strong return and with Darvish starting to trend down I don't think we'd get as much value anymore.
  15. Hmm, this is getting me actually interested in watching a few games this season: same with the Bears and Fields. The Blackhawks are still dead to me.
  16. I had completely forgotten about it until today, but the Cubs still have no GM right? It's just Hoyer as president and 3 others as Asst GMs, correct? I wonder when the last time a team went a full season without a GM happened.
  17. Every day that passes I feel better and better about the Darvish trade.
  18. how/what did he hurt? Shoulder surgery.
  19. Yes but they have 5-6 guys in the 100-150 range.
  20. I'm bummed he's hurt, but without that injury he isn't available. He would have safely been a top 100 guy.
  21. Yeah I think we're getting thrown off by the outdated fv and prospect rank. One article said they'd put him at 40, maybe even 45. At 45 that would greatly alter the perception of this trade.
  22. My first reaction was this is awful, but what is going on with Kilian? How can he be absolutely destroying A+ and AA, but barely be a top 30 guy. He has struck out 96 guys in 84 2/3 while walking 9. We're lacking some kind of information.
×
×
  • Create New...