Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. SD is excellent is fantastic at identifying prospect talent, they'll restock that thing quick. I feel like they empty the farm every other year and sure enough it's restocked shortly after.
  2. One hour left and Flaherty is still a Tiger, I am baffled.
  3. Damn, the Marlins got a haul
  4. Smyly's peripherals are hot garbage, but it only takes one desperate GM
  5. Smyly, I'd be a bit surprised if he isn't traded. With his option, it's probable no one wants Neris.
  6. A little over 90 minutes left and Flaherty is still a Tiger. That is pretty shocking. They did this last year with Erod and ended up not moving him at all.
  7. I figured it was going to be Palencia.
  8. Truth be told, I'm not even 100% sure I'd move him for what Baltimore gave up for Rogers and I don't suspect he'd pull even that much.
  9. From what I remember, the deals right up to the deadline are usually smaller ones, so I wonder if Crochet/Skubal are both staying put.
  10. I'm not sure Cowles upside is 26th man if his K% improvement is legit. You might have a legit starting infielder.
  11. With Leiter and Bigge gone to trade and Smyly to FA, it does mean they'll probably have to go grab someone in FA.
  12. He'll be 34 opening day next year and they got a guy who has the potential to replace him pretty much immediately as well as a guy who is showing a pretty legit shot at being a utility guy.
  13. Norby and Stowers, that feels like a really good return for the Fish.
  14. The lists more or less are pretty meaningless this far into the year. Midseason lists are kind of iffy at best as well. We'll see a more accurate representation at the end of year lists when the writers actually get all the scout feed back.
  15. Guy legit sliced 10% off his usual K%
  16. I love all the hot takes from Yankee fans about how Leiter sucks. The guy has a 2.12 FIP and he's 15-20% below where his LOB% should be which is why the ERA is not great. The guy is nails.
  17. Neely could probably step into the bullpen today.
  18. Wow, Cowles is actually kind of exciting. He drastically decreased his K% this year and is torching AA for a 141 wRC+. He is 24, so age isn't on his side, but I do like him.
  19. He who shall not be named, Crochet and league average catcher. Now that would be a super exciting 2025 team.
  20. No. You'd have the following coming off the books Bote- 5.5M Smyly- 8.5M Kyle- 16M Neris- 9M Gomes- 6M Mancini- 7M Barnhart- 2.5M Obviously you wont get all of this with arb raises and adding Parades, but it should be around 40M.
  21. They'd still have 40M to spend on bats
  22. You know what, screw it. Go and get Crochet. Getz doesn't seem to have a clue what he's doing and they want minor league bats. See if they'll take a package with Caissie and Triantos as the headliners. Steele/Shota/Crochet/Taillon plus one of Wicks/Assad/Brown/Horton is a really strong rotation.
  23. I am completely baffled at what is going through Getz's head
  24. There's a lot of risk. There's the well documented injury risk, there's his ever climbing K% and his defense seems to be in decline too. On top of that, the White Sox were rumored to be asking for a Soto like return. I don't blame teams for not wanting to empty the farm for a guy who is trending the wrong direction.
×
×
  • Create New...