Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Well the White Sox are probably really pissed right now. Garret Crochet may have just tanked the likelihood of him being traded. He says he wants to keep pitching as a starter the rest of the year and will not pitch as a reliever, will not skip starts and, if he's traded, he wants a contract extension if he's being asked to pitch into October.
  2. After seemingly, for a short time anyway, becoming less terrible, the WSox have returned to historic levels of awfulness. They currently stand at 27-77 on pace for a 42-120 season. However, we have still not hit the trade deadline. If they do indeed move even a couple of Fedde/Crochet/Roberts we might be talking about a team that fails to win 40 games. In the modern era, this has not happed since 1935. Their current .260 winning percentage would be the 6th worst since 1901. If they did manage to win only 39 games, that .241 winning percentage would be the 2nd worst since 1901.
  3. I still think he could get a pretty decent return, especially since I believe the Cubs would be willing to eat the remaining 2024 salary. With that said, unless someone is offering you a near MLB ready 45 guy with helium or a 50 guy, even if you have to attach a prospect to him, I'm not interested in moving him. I do believe he's replaceable by a guy like Kikuchi, but why take the risk of not being able to land him in FA for some throw away prospect that lands in the back end of your top 20?
  4. 5.5 days until the trade deadline. Anytime now Jed.
  5. If I remember correctly, Law has always kind of hated Caissie and getting Law to change his mind just doesn't happen.
  6. Blows my mind that Bobby Witt Jr. has already posted 7.0 fWAR through 103 games. That's 11 fWAR/162 pace. The only thing that's going keep him from the HoF is health.
  7. I see the words "Controllable Stars", but I'm confused by also seeing Ryan McMahon in that list.
  8. So, if I remember correctly Oakland and WSox can't pick in the top 10 so right now that puts the Cubs with the 7th best odds. Lets hope they tank themselves into the top 5 for a better shot.
  9. I'm just amazed that every single SP on the Cubs hasn't demanded a trade. It must suck to go out and kill it everyday and then everyone else fails.
  10. I am so beyond ready for Morel to just be fired into the sun. I don't even care what they get for him in a trade.
  11. After the inevitable 9th inning failure, the Cubs will have scored 9 runs in 6 games. Truly impressively terrible.
  12. I'm sorry my bosses' grandkid had to experience this dung heap as their first MLB game.
  13. He always does when he isn't being pitched into the ground
  14. I've talked myself into just keeping Taillon at this point. Unless they're getting a 50FV back, I'd rather just have him
  15. Gotta walk away from a deal with the Dodgers with Rushing even if you have to eat money and add prospects or a reliever on our end(assuming it's Happ) to make it happen.
  16. I'd like to see Southisene added and maybe even Lovich. One thing has become very clear, that amazing depth we had last year is definitely suffering with all these graduations of Brown, Wicks, PCA, etc.
  17. Same with Ben Brown, he's at 55 1/3 IP now.
  18. Well for one, it wasn't a full blown offseason plan post. It was something put together in about 90 seconds. Also, I think you're severely underestimating Martinez. The guy put up a 135 wRC+ last year and was around that this year until a recent slump.
  19. Well, this is about as lopsided as it's going to get based solely on pitching matchups anyways.
  20. That's pretty much all pitchers. Kyle isn't going to come here and and and play for nothing so he can sit on the bench and I'm certainly not going to give him 8-10M to be their 6 or 7th starter.
  21. Southisene was my favorite pick so I'm happy to see the Cubs are hyped on him as well.
  22. Yes, I don't believe the Cubs are actually a top 7 pitching staff and we should expect a little regression, but I'm far more worried about an offense that's ranked in the bottom third than a pitching staff that, even after regression, is likely in the top half of the league.
  23. I'm ready to move on. Right now you have Steele/Imanaga/Taillon/Assad/Wicks/Brown you also potentially have Horton at some point in 2025. You also have Wesneski as 7th starter should injuries go crazy again. Wesneski is by no means great, but as the #7 starter, potentially #8 if Horton is ready, I think he's definitely adequate
  24. Since May 1st Cub offensive ranks Runs 27th HR 25th BB% 6th K% 23rd wOBA 22nd wRC+ 21st fWAr 20th The rest of the league faces this same bad run environment and the Cub offense is still a bottom third or worse offense. They can take walks, but that's about all they got going for them.
  25. This offseason, assuming Bellinger does not opt out and they do not move Taillon. I want one reliable set up man for the pen. It doesn't have to be an expensive Kenley Jansen type. Everything else I want funneled into a combination of C/3B/RF/DH. If they can get a RFer, fine Seiya goes to DH. I'm 100% fine with not investing a dollar into the rotation because frankly I feel pretty good about some combination of Steele/Imanaga/Taillon/Assad/Wicks/Brown. I'm not even going to entertain the idea of Soto so, go grab JD Martinez and Bregman in FA. Send Morel to AAA or trade him. Deal some of that prospect surplus to the Dodgers for Dalton Rushing who is completely blocked in LA. Get a 1 year stop gap C to back up Amaya until Rushing is ready in late 2025. Go into 2025 with a line up of C- Amaya 1B: Busch 2B: Nico SS: Dansby 3B: Bregman RF: Seiya CF: Bellinger LF: Happ DH: Martinez There's no super elite bat, but there's 6 guys who will likely be between 110-140 wRC+ with Dansby/Nico right around 100. That's a pretty deep lineup which is completely what this year's team lacks.
×
×
  • Create New...