Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I wonder what it takes for Cody to opt out. He's at a 111 wRC+ right now so I imagine that's not going to do it, but if he gets to 120 is that enough? He has player options in 2025 for 27.5(2.5M buyout) and in 2026 for 25M(5M) buyout. If he finishes at 120 someone would probably give him like 4/85-90, right? Add the 2.5M buyout on top of that, it's probably enough, right?
  2. Went from 3B with 94 wRC+ to 3B with 128 wRC+, I'd call that a fairly significant upgrade.
  3. Don't care where he goes as long as it's not on the 2025 Cub roster.
  4. So the modern record for most consecutive losses in a season is 23. If the White Sox continue losing, they will face the Cubs having lost 23 in a row. The Cubs could potentially have the opportunity to be the ones who cement the '24 WSox as having the longest losing streak in MLB history.
  5. From what I've been reading, Scott looks capable in practices so far, but the one who has shined the most of all the rookies has been Odunze.
  6. Very much this. He's probably not a closer, but he stands a very real chance of being a strong set up man.
  7. This completely baffles me. The guy has put up a .305/.357/.467 line good for a 143 wRC+ over his last 269 PAs at AA, in an extremely challenging offensive environment, at age 22 and at a premium defensive position where he is graded positively and he's going to slide? Please make it make sense.
  8. I know this team is supremely disappointing now, but even without Soto they could put out a strong team next year. Let's say they went out and grabbed O'neill for RF in FA for around 4/90, Cody stayed in CF, You go out and throw a big prospect package at a rebuilding LAA team for O'hoppe, something like Caissie+Triantos+. Then you have still have enough powder to grab a SP upgrade. A line up of C- O'hoppe(121 wRC+) 1B- Busch(125) 2B- Nico(92) SS- Dansby(80) 3B- Paredes(128) RF- O'Neill(141) CF- Bellinger(111) LF- Happ(117) DH- Seiya(129) Is super deep even without the elite level masher. If Nico/Dansby return to normal career levels then we're talking a top 10 offense.
  9. Matt Shaw up to a .263/.362/.460 line good for a 142 wRC+ and an 18.3K%. Why is he still in AA?
  10. Pretty much this. I can't recall a single time I've ever seen a guy who was strictly a reliever, get a 50 grade. A 50 is basically top 100.
  11. They have officially dropped below 40 win pace.
  12. Pretty much this. If he's willing to go year to year then I'd love to have him. I might even consider in him a 2 year deal depending on how he looks this year, but beyond that, absolutely not.
  13. Oh for the love of god, reward PCA already. Smokes a ball into an out his last PA and now he hits a ball to the warning track off a lefty.
  14. Man, Steele just isn't locating anything.
  15. PCA with more hard contact and no reward
  16. They'll have Paredes as a major upgrade and 40M to either get a couple big upgrades or one superstar upgrade.
  17. In reference to SD always emptying the farm, I hadn't thought of it this way but it's true
  18. I officially feel bad for their fan base now. Reinsdorf should be forced to sell.
  19. I do think it's funny that the selling Cubs added the biggest bat at the deadline.
  20. I'm most surprised Tauchman is still around. It's not like they have a shortage of OFers.
  21. Did not expect the Cubs to leave the deadline with a better team in 2024 than before it
  22. Flaherty to the Dodgers because why not I guess.
  23. Detroit, what the hell are you doing?
  24. Wait for end of season rankings
×
×
  • Create New...