Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. down to roughly 72 hours until deadline, still not much going on
  2. I love that the Mets expectations basically means that they believe yeah he's been bad this year and yeah he's a free agent at the end of the year, but if you get him off our dumpster fire team he'll probably be good again.
  3. You cannot have 2 rotation spots occupied by Assad and Rea in 2027 and say you're a World Series caliber team. Yes they're very nice fill in guys, but if they're 40% of your rotation, the other 60% better be lights out.
  4. I don't even want him as the primary SP acquisition
  5. Depending on the cost, I would love love love to have Jonah Tong. He's a stuff monster who has just lost it mechanically this year. I'd obviously love Painter too, but I can't imagine the Phillies selling low on him at this point.
  6. Well, this is going to be soul crushing after dominating them in the first two games.
  7. Yeah ESPN had it confirmed as a strike, so I was wondering what was going on when I saw a next pitch.
  8. I feel like they're getting out of the Happ contract at the right time.
  9. If you have no Ben Brown and Edward Cabrera, how are you filling your rotation next year? Boyd, Shota, Taillon are all gone. Steele should be healthy, Horton likely doesn't even pitch in 2027. That would make Colin Rea your #2.
  10. Yup I meant Cabrera, not Alcantara, my fault.
  11. He is, you just can't get rid of both. They'd have to go fill the at least 3 holes in the rotation in one offseason and that isn't going to happen.
  12. I'm legitimately not giving them Brown and Alcantara. That leaves the 2027 Cubs with Justin Steele, Colin Rea, Assad and other randoms. There's zero chance they're competitive going forward having to fill that many rotation slots. You would be straight up forfeiting the 2027 season.
  13. I would consider Cabrera and a good prospect, but sure as hell not throwing all that other stuff in for like 8 Skubal starts.
  14. So basically they're asking for Brown, at least one of Ramirez/Shaw, not sure who the 3rd major league player would be, and then a prospect. Yeah, you can horsefeathers right off.
  15. I know one thing, if they do trade Kelly, I'm going to get crazy hyped about Ayers because that means the FO is almost certainly extremely high on him.
×
×
  • Create New...