Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,081
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Pitching finally shows up the last week and the bats really pissed down their leg
  2. Miller is the best reliever in the game and under control for 3 more years after this season. You absolutely can deal Hartshorn for him.
  3. Still want him gone over Pedro.
  4. So help me god if Hartshorn and Ayers go for any Angels pitcher......
  5. Don't even think Aidan Smith was the big get in that package
  6. Sounds like Huascar Brazoban is on the move from the Mets, but nothing official yet. He shouldn't be the primary get for the bullpen but if they're going 2 BP arms he's not an awful second pick up.
  7. Jaylon, this is not the compliment you seem to think it is.
  8. I don't really think missing on Peralta was a big deal. He has not been at all good this year.
  9. It would have to be him. There is not a pitcher left on the market who should demand a top 10 prospect in the game.
  10. Boston's #1 prospect Arias is not in the line up today.
  11. Sadly I think that value has more or less dried up unless it's for a mediocre pen arm on the last year of their deal
  12. So random observation, but outside of that disaster outing against the Cardinals, Peterson has been a really good pick up. The 1.52 ERA over his last 4 starts is a total mirage carried by his .156 babip, but 4.20 FIP and 3.90 xFIP is a solid to good back of the rotation guy.
  13. Ayers for Detmers I'm cool with, for Soriano I am not
  14. If they end up with Soriano instead of Detmers, I'm not gonna be real happy.
  15. I'm in the very unpopular crowd that doesn't want Soriano personally, but if you did pick both of them up, I don't think there's any assets left to get a reliever.
  16. So, just reading the tea leaves, but I feel like the Cubs are really really high on Ayers to the point where it's like Ayers and Hartshorn not avaiable, the rest available.
  17. Basically calling him equivalent to Ben Brown or Logan Henderson, yeah they must absolutely love Ryan.
  18. I don't blame the Cubs on being out because they need multiple pitchers, not one. They can still "go for it" but they need to spread those assets out and not funnel them all into one player.
  19. Conservatively I think a comparable Cub package is Hartshorn, Wiggins, Caples. This might be a bit light, but I think it's in the ballpark
  20. Ok Jed, we're under 36 hours with 3 if not 4 holes to fill, anytime now.
  21. They walk away with Detmers, Holmes and Morejon and they're at very least the 3rd best team in the bigs and arguably 2nd.
×
×
  • Create New...