Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. just missed his Urlacher answer
  2. PC getting very Jay heavy at the moment. Media trying to get Trestman to say something critical about him.
  3. based on anything besides wiki? trestman sure made it sound like they will begin the process of looking for a DC after today.
  4. Trestman reiterating he will call plays.
  5. (on cutler) Hopefully we can give him some direction and protection to allow him to not waste a play and ...(I forget the rest, but the quote sounded good).
  6. really talking up the CFL and the coaches up there. I hope there aren't anymore guys brought down from those staffs. They need to fill it out with NFL caliber coaches from the outset. Lovie's first staff struggled with too many college guys.
  7. Rod has made up his mind to move on. We'll begin that process now once we move on today.
  8. trestman will be hip to hip with OC/QB coach with the QB, and will continue to call plays
  9. We officially have the dorkiest GM/HC combo in the league. I have a feeling lots of other teams' bosses want to shove their heads in the toilet.
  10. Trestman on Cutler: "I can't wait to get my hands on him, and get started with him."
  11. He noted it when discussing how it went down to 3 guys, and then Bevell was eliminated because he was never a HC.
  12. lol picture Urlacher with his daughters while saying it.
  13. get your damn hands off her maannnn
  14. I disagree with valuing HC experience for the meatbally "guys won't respect a guy who hasn't led a locker room" reasons. But I can understand from a more tactical standpoint. HC is a much more "Executive" type role than that of a coordinator. As a HC you have to focus on the big picture as well as being one of the faces of the organization -- in addition to day-to-day duties. A coordinator is more of an executor. It is different, but should not be a deciding factor in who you hire. What was the point in interviewing all those guys without HC experience if you needed a guy with HC experience? Every head coach comes from an underling role at some point.
  15. Trestman looks like a funeral home director sitting off to the side there.
  16. Emery hinting at the similarities of their non-traditional resumes being admirable.
  17. It's not a foreign language when it's the language spoken by the locals.
  18. I don't like that HC experience was so important
  19. Emery is toying with the media talking about speaking with people they never found out about
  20. Emery looks less awkward in each press conference.
  21. Ha! This is going to be an interesting PC. It says video no longer available. What was it? Uncomfortable middle aged (or old) white men hugging and small talk on Trestman's first day.
  22. Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman Multiple sources tell WSCR that Rod Marinelli will not be #Bears defensive coordinator under new head coach Marc Trestman. This is a bummer. I was liking the idea of an offensive coach overhauling his side of the ball and keeping the defense more or less intact. One of the things I'm most concerned with Trestman's lack of recent NFL experience is a lack of relationships with top notch defensive talent. At this point I think they have 3 options, A) Bring in some recently fired head coach with a defensive philosophy, or an available DC. A Lovie type, although obviously not Lovie. Sort of what GB did with Capers. Or a Rob Ryan/Eric Mangini type. This could help on 2 fronts, the well respected defensive mind who has his own list of contacts for assistants, and assisting the raw head coach in the broader aspects of the job. B) Promote somebody else in the system to maintain continuity. The drawback of this is you obviously start watering down the quality of the staff when an assistant comes up and then has to hire people under him. C) Find somebody else's up and coming defensive mind and go from there. I think I'd prefer C. Like when STL took Lovie from TB's linebacker coach to their DC and turned around a dismal unit. B would be nice, but the Bears D was Lovie, and to a lesser extent Marinelli. Take away those two guys, plus their purported right hand man in Babich and I think you're diluting the quality a bit too much. Running this style of defense without using the best could be a disaster.
  23. when going in for a man hug with the chairman of the board, "can I get one of these?" I'm going to use that quote after every touchdown.
  24. http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/videos/Trestman-arrives-at-Halas-Hall/1e0adff6-947c-4b2c-9d24-358f49018440 ummmmmm, this is weird
×
×
  • Create New...