Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I've not received notification from the cubs on Skulina, but have heard from them about every other signing of a 15th rounder or above. Skulina just posted on twitter, with a picture of him signing, that it's finally official.
  2. I don't think prospect for IFA money is going to be in the ballpark. That's basically prospect for prospect, and then you are going to have a hard time drumming up an indifference in valuation to make the trade worthwhile to both teams. I could see someone like Navarro netting some IFA space. It's not really prospect for prospect. It's essentially prospect for cash. There are teams that would rather not spend cash on a prospect if they don't have to. If they don't want to spend $1m on a 16 year old, but could acquire some 20 year old simply for giving up their right to spend that $1m, they will.
  3. The explanation for why he's the best available, and not Price, makes no sense.
  4. He's only in A+, right? He was also the 43rd pick last year and has only 86 pro innings pitched. So his pedigree doesn't really tell you much in terms of comparing him to all other guys taken in the first the past two years, plus all international signings. And his track record as a pro is minimal.
  5. Well it did cost them 1 game in the Finals and I cant remember the effect it had on the DET series, but I presume it was at the very least similar. I'm happy I was wrong. However for any of us to sit here and say we had 100% confidence they would pull this thing out during the DET series and after the Bruins won game 3 we would be liars. It was a great playoff run and fun to watch. In fact I did predict exactly how this one would play out.
  6. I got myself into a rather expensive bet on this series that I am quite happy to have not lost, moreso than happy for having won.
  7. If it was a hockey playing cloud it would keep playing
  8. Must be in effort to up Ransom's value from throw in to slightly more attractive throw in. Must be
  9. The Flyers announced they will buy out goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, after just two years of his nine-year, $51 million contract.
  10. i am so confused about this Yeah, they're referencing a Game 7 that never happened, for some reason. Or are you confused about the actual numbers? I would guess that's just a typo and means to be Game 6.
  11. FF to 02:34:00 to get the final 2 minutes of play.
  12. Paul Sullivan ‏@PWSullivan 3m Marmol DFA. Stewart released.
  13. http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/25/from-boston-to-chicago-hats-off-to-you/ Boston media member Michael Hurley writes about lack of animosity between Chicago and Boston this series.
  14. Well, he was the guy most responsible for preventing them from scoring as many goals as they wanted.
  15. what's the deal with what happens if he does not sign again?
  16. I had a golf outing yesterday that morphed into an impromptu guys' night out. Lots of boozy, amazingly no hangover whatsoever. But I probably could have got to the office earlier.
  17. Man you sound like a moron right now. Breaking Bad is good and all but call me when it gets better ratings than Big Bang Theory. People who are not huge hockey fans, and also aren't freaking idiots, often admit that playoff hockey can't be beat. They may not care for the game the other 10 months of the year, but when they do watch it in the playoffs, and again, aren't idiots, they will admit to its greatness.
  18. Playoff baseball does. And basketball. And football. But definitely baseball. Let the hockey fans say what they want in the hockey thread. I just don't like euphoria based hyperbole I guess. That's stupid. It's not euphoria based or hyperbolic. It's been a longstanding understanding by most people who pay attention to sports.
  19. Playoff baseball does. And basketball. And football. But definitely baseball. Basketball? Hah! Baseball has a nice slow burning intensity, but it really doesn't hold up. Football is just a completely different set-up, impossible to compare.
  20. @BillSimmons: Stomach punch.
  21. you would think he would avoid killing dudes near his house in order to preserve his career and comfortable lifestyle, but a man is going to do what a man is going to do.
×
×
  • Create New...