Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,113
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Didn't he like randomly pick some stocks in the middle of a bull market and the resulting gains convinced him (and others) that he was some sort of capitalist guru? Others include Jim Cramer. My recollection was that he subscribed to some analyst's commentary, and just used his picks as his own. http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2009/07/15/dykstra_another_too-good-to-be-true_story_97309.html
  2. We can't just throw it to Brandon and give the ball to Matt, sometimes we'll have to punt.
  3. If I didn't already like Notre Dame, I would because of weirdos like you If its weird to dislike a school and fan base with their heads that far up their own asses I don't want to be straight. QOTD
  4. It appears as if its just a claim and we let him go for the savings in money. The Nats claiming him was odd, my guess is they are playing our money shortage against us and have him back on waivers to try and legit trade him in the hopes someone sees value at 6.5 next year. To us, the monetary savings must have meant more than the shot at getting a C+ type prospect over the offseason. Then wouldn't that just be called a waiver pickup, as opposed to a trade for a PTBNL?
  5. Well, it was the Big 4 sports, not top American athletic icons.
  6. a lot of municipalities also offer sewage systems that allow for indoor plumbing
  7. It's gotta be Unitas, that was a haircut you could set your watch to.
  8. It just seems odd to me that there has been no talk of who the PTBNL may be (or did I miss that) coupled with all the talk about the Cubs possibly bringing him back next year.
  9. I think so. Don't those things usually get settled in November? I know trades have happened in late October.
  10. Because he looks like warmed over death and I haven't seen a picture of him in a decade. You didn't see any photos of him during his Gordon Gecko rise to fame and fortune then fall from grace?
  11. From about 1999-2007 I had an "HD compatible" television that never saw an HD signal. I bought the TV I have now the day before the Bears Super Bowl game and can barely remember what it looked like before.
  12. Still doesn't explain why they'd give up even a PTBNL They have a spare $1m laying around, and the Cubs don't. So DeJesus is going to be the PTBNL and sent back to the Cubs if nobody else takes him prior to his buyout being paid.
  13. Well thank God for that. I'm guessing this means the return sucks if they're picking up the entire contract. I forgot about the $1.5m buyout in addition to the ~$1m in salary left this year. Totally just paid off the international signing penalty.
  14. Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 5m Hoyer adds DeJesus solid mentor for young players, won't rule out a return Bruce Miles ‏@BruceMiles2112 6m Hoyer says DeJesus is player #Cubs would be interested in bringing back from Chicago, IL Reply Retweet Favorite More Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 6m Hoyer acknowledges $ big consideration in DeJesus trade. About $2.5 mil savings
  15. If that was actually a real guess, nicely done. Those beady little eyes, those stubby little fingers, and the name on the starbucks cup.
  16. Lenny Dykstra's hobo uncle?
  17. If all goes well. Of course he could theoretically do what DeJesus does, without the quality PA, but DeJesus is a safer bet to do what DeJesus does, which is why he gets money.
  18. Kim DeJesus ‏@KimDeJesus9 53s You guys are making me cry with all your sweet tweets, I'm reading them all. thank you so much bunnies.
  19. This saves the Cubs almost $1m through the end of the year, how much was the international signing penalty?
  20. Guess I'd be a little disappointed if "only" 4 Cubs make the offseason top 100's. TT's breakdown didn't include Bryant, who was discussed along with Baez and Sano.
  21. Words, I know some of them and I use them when my fingers hit the keyboard. Then they show up on my screen and when I hit submit, other people can see what I wrote.
  22. That's an impressively sized handful of facemask there.
×
×
  • Create New...