Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Cubs on the clock and take..., Sands, Carson, LHP from North Florida High School
  2. Career 160 IsoD. Only 2 HR in 2014 and an IsoD under 100. I know nothing of college stats, but I think that's a little on the underwhelming side. Schwarber had an IsoD of 300 this year. Obviously that might be the strongest bat in college, but I think the point is that real prospects really hit amazing in college.
  3. As a player, I do not believe it. As a total package, including price/signability, sure.
  4. does it? It does if you want pitching. It's been underwhelming, but that seems standard for baseball drafts.
  5. It was written by noted conservative goaltender, Tim Thomas, in something called the Fighting Gobbler.
  6. Mets take Kyle's favorite, the SS that can play defense at the major league level right now.
  7. If Mark Zagunis wrote that piece about Mark Zagunis, Rickey Henderson would approve. Jimmy understands. http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120911163958/seinfeld/images/d/df/The_jimmy.png
  8. .338/.430/.495 career line, 85 BB/74 K, 16 career HR in 630 AB.
  9. on the plus side, when you google Mark Zagunis the second auto fill is Mark Zagunis Steroids
  10. Cubs are up and..... Zagunis Mark, catcher from Virginia Tech a south jersey native, Cinnaminson NJ. Hope that works out better than Szczur.
  11. UM's favorite team takes a 2B from Arkansas.
  12. what's the delay? Astros are ready, we are ready, they are ready... Houston selects Davis 3B from Cal State Fullerton.
  13. 1-minute between picks now, and the Cubs are up momentarily.
  14. These guys were using the good stuff, that will probably end up prolonging their lives and allow them to live out their childhood fantasy and live a financially independent life.
  15. Sure would be awesome to seem them in the playoffs!!! I said I'd love to see the teams involved with the Marlins one of the 10 teams. I'm sorry which of these teams would you rather see in there: Reds, Cardinals, Dodgers, Mets, Phillies? The Padres, Pirates, Nats, DBacks, Rockies would be more ideal than Miami, but whatever, again one of 10 teams. I would like to see the Cubs involved. I'm not getting any enjoyment out of seeing the Marlins there, regardless of who it keeps out.
  16. I liked baseball better then. I hate admitting that.... Actually I liked the era between the steroid area and this current dead ball era, where not everyone was doping, but some guys still were. Less guilt enjoying that product. Why feel guilty? You weren't doping...or were you???? What do you expect from a Marlins fan?
  17. Sure would be awesome to seem them in the playoffs!!!
  18. ah. to answer your question, I can't think of any good examples of a DH-only prospect getting much of a return in trade. On the other hand, first base prospects have been traded for very good returns when the bat is big enough. I might be way off, but didn't the Cards have a "1B" prospect several years back that was pretty much viewed as a DH? They traded him as part of a package for an OK return I thought. Ben W something maybe? Either way he was a big bat no position guy that never ended up making it. Brett Wallace from wiki:
  19. Ah, the old Vogelbach fallacy. As others have pointed out, huge difference. The Vogelbach fallacy was that his bat was going to carry him to the majors no matter what his defense was. But he was drafted out of HS and his bat has never lived up to the reputation of his batting practice prowess. The best college bat is an entirely different ballgame.
  20. I doubt there is anything close to accurate data supporting this claim.
×
×
  • Create New...