Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,111
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs · 3m3 minutes ago Chris Williams will finally get shot in return game. #Bears promote him from practice squad and place Rashad Ross on waivers.
  2. my feed won't stay for more than a minute or two. anything more specific on this?
  3. Maybe I'm underestimating what Shields'll get. Related note - I wonder how the Yankees are going to handle this offseason. With understated grace, no doubt.
  4. That suit really brings out the change in Theo's hair color.
  5. I was 16 and the pitcher abuse thing wasn't as prevalent as it was now (and I wasn't on any message boards like this one), so I didn't notice until Prior and Wood started getting hurt all the time and people started bringing it up retroactively as the reason. Retroactively my ass.
  6. I'm not getting caught up in hoping for 2, let alone expecting it.
  7. Explain Saying they bought the hangover, and not the party, implying he's been the responsible one cleaning up everybody else's mess and making things right after the wild and crazy MacPhail, McDonough, Hendry and Kenney era. There was a big NYT feature on the Ricketts family recently and a person I work with, who has a personal history with Ricketts, told me it was very off putting.
  8. Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc · 3m3 minutes ago Kris Versteeg is back on the ice during #Blackhawks practice. Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN · 3m3 minutes ago Versteeg still on the bench here. Q asks if he's OK and back on the ice he goes. #Blackhawks
  9. Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc · 13s12 seconds ago Kris Versteeg is in pain at #Blackhawks practice. Ended up in a heap along boards after a rush. Staying on the bench.
  10. I've been a huge proponent of these WC play-in games, but I do not like that they are staggered and as a result the NL series don't start until Friday. Seems to me that staggered starting times for both games on Tuesday would work, then Wednesday is for the series not involving WC teams and Thursday is for the #1/WC matchups.
  11. Looking at the programs you mentioned, the common theme seems to be poor coaching decisions in the face of a variety of circumstances. Tennessee and Texas had long established coaches who were more or less forced out due to fan/booster pressure, with inadequate replacements coming in. Penn State had the opposite issue, with Paterno overstaying his usefulness (scandal aside). USC had some mediocre years, but even when they were going 7-5, they were beating good teams and not losing by 5 scores like Michigan is. I'm not sure what the heck AD's at these schools are doing, but there is really no excuse for a blue blood program to settle for anything less than the elite coaching options available to them. Rolling the dice on an up and comer or settling for a guy with school-ties is a little dumbfounding. That said, the fans are as fickle as ever. They're already turning on Urban Meyer here in Columbus. Elite coaching options aren't as cut and dried of a category as you make it appear.
  12. Will you find it hard to get excited about a FA pitcher until the Cubs actually sign one, or you will not be excited even after they sign one for some irrational "money wasting" phobia?
  13. Ryne Ween, consistently wrong. This wasn't some special teams gunner who nobody noticed get blown up heading back out there. It was obvious and a very easy call by anybody with any sense of how you should handle players in those situations.
  14. lolololololol Water broke. At the hospital. Looks like no game for me.
  15. You're bad at sandwiches if bread is ever the main ingredient. seriously that made no sense at all.
  16. After the first drive me hopes were high. After GB's first drive they dropped off quite a bit. And after the half ended I thought they blew their chance to stay in the race.
  17. The only connection I was making between Lake and Baez was that Lake was a major point of contention last offseason, and Baez might be this offseason. I'm not really down on Baez. I honestly just don't know anymore what's going to happen with him. I said that *if* they think he's going to be this bad again early next year, I'd rather send him back to Iowa for awhile (only 22) than eat the extra loss or two. To which some people insanely replied "If we've got enough other good players, we can afford to take the extra loss or two," which completely flies in the face of years of talking about how wins are at their most valuable and least expendable for teams in the mid-to-high 80s. go learn to be happy again
  18. No no no no no no. The reasons to be cautiously optimistic about Lake amounted to "might as well look on the bright side of life", while the reasons to be cautiously optimistic about Baez boil down to he is actually an extremely talented baseball player.
  19. Of course http://static.parade.condenast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/mapled-glazed-waffle-sandwich-ftr.jpg
  20. I'm riding high on last offseason's "Kyle shut up, Junior Lake's not going to be that terrible, line drive percentage means everything!" success. there was a Junior Lake is not going to be terrible crowd?
  21. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter · 5m With injuries to DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart, Panthers' new starting RB is Darrin Reaves.
  22. yeah, something called against Long was more likely on DLP.
  23. http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--ygVGfWsd--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/rpuywhs0bywxlzcww0sj.gif
  24. Explain. Not that I don't think you know what you're talking about, but I was online and the feed isn't exactly HD clear. Run game finally got going (though I didn't see a ton of interior push. Cutler was protected pretty well. If I had to guess, I'd say DLP was no worse than OK. It looked like Kyle Long was excellent from what I could tell, though. what was with the center/QB exchange issues? Ah yes those. IDK. Looked like Cutler was pulling out too early to me. I'm blaming him because DLP didn't immediately go after either (or any, was there 2 or 3?) of the fumbles. Maybe that was the case, but I think the default blame for any qb/c snafu is going to be on the new guy.
×
×
  • Create New...