Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,110
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I love when media members get up in arms about a guy not answering their questions they way they want them answered. MAKE HIM TALK TO ME MISTER GOODELL!!!!!!!!!! they care more about that crap than whether a guy beat his kids or wife.
  2. My analysis of Cutler this year isn't particularly analytical. I just believe his throws have been off. It's almost as if his shoulder is bothering him or something. In the past I'd see a lot of only Cutler can do that throws, and they haven't been there this year. He's dumping off so much on his checkdowns that I am sure certain people are getting moist about it, but even the checkdown throws look off. This looks nothing what I would expect to see out of Cutler is his second year in a quality system. A lot of that is related to what no longer looks like a quality system, but even then I have been disappointed with Cutler's play this year.
  3. I wouldn't describe Cutler has all or nothing this year. Unfortunately, I haven't see a whole lot of the "all" that I am used to seeing in him. He has looked really good at times, but not often enough. He's been okay for much of the time and looked bad far too often for my taste.
  4. He's been very inconsistent or disappointing in too many games this year. He's gotta pick them up and carry them more often if they're gonna have a chance. Look at the 49ers and Panthers games as flipsides of the same coin of being that up and down. Wouldn't you rather see more results like that Vikings game you love like it's your child as opposed to the all or nothing crap we've seen too often from him and the rest of the team where they seemingly only have a half of football in them? He hasn't been close to all or nothing this year. I think he should have been allowed to throw the ball more in the late third and all of the fourth, but Trestman was in full turtle-up mode. he threw like crap the first two quarters
  5. Because no one actually wants Jon Lester for 6 years, that's just the cost of doing business. In a fantasy world where you can name your duration, most people would probably pick 4 years. This isn't a fantasy world, so most people were hoping for 5 but understanding of 6. When you go to 7 you're now facing a pretty significant chance that Lester is nearly useless for half his contract. Useless? That's not a very strong likelihood. The phrase was "nearly useless," and it's not like it's unprecedented. Look at CJ Wilson. Wilson didn't have nearly the same sustained level of success as Lester has had. Didn't he go from a reliever to 200 inning starter like overnight? I'm not sure how he compares to Lester.
  6. MLB retweeted Ian Browne ‏@IanMBrowne · 33m33 minutes ago Pablo Sandoval's agent confirmed he will decide by the end of the day where he is going. Agent says he still hasn't made final decision.
  7. Because no one actually wants Jon Lester for 6 years, that's just the cost of doing business. In a fantasy world where you can name your duration, most people would probably pick 4 years. This isn't a fantasy world, so most people were hoping for 5 but understanding of 6. When you go to 7 you're now facing a pretty significant chance that Lester is nearly useless for half his contract. Useless? That's not a very strong likelihood.
  8. mlb itself tweeted out the report that Sandoval signed. I would think that means something.
  9. franchising cutler would have only served the purpose of creating more tension on the team and would have gone against everything they were trying to do this year (which was build on last year's offensive success and win). In retrospect, if you were going to crap the bed you'd want Cutler on the tag so you can get rid of him next year, but that wasn't the goal then.
  10. Knowing meatballs as well as I do, I think the argument is McCown had to operate under Lovie's leash and didn't get Trestman's wide open attack.
  11. Go for it now. Drop back deep in shotgun and thrown up a hail mary. That's 10 seconds.
  12. Chicago accents are awful. I agree, but that wasn't his accent. It was him saying the wrong word. Everybody's talking about my chili here, so I'm not listening.
  13. "Line of the gain"? Is that a new phrase?
  14. Didn't Denver do exactly that last year and it bit them in the ass?
  15. Chicago accents are awful.
  16. special teams penalty? That's unpossible
  17. what about bottom quartile teams? trestman is a big ten coach in an sec world
  18. punt and hope for another turnover. this offense blows
  19. I think you can. Beg to differ you ass touche I thought the first couple looks had him down, but the last one before they made the announcement changed my mind. Good call by you. Well done. You are still way too forgiving to this offense.
  20. actually that last...., well never mind, they did keep the call
×
×
  • Create New...