Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. He's laying it on awfully thick if he really thought it was a non-issue. I don't think this makes him look nervous that they will push, but I do think it is a preemptive strike of sorts to lay out the non-argument the PA has here.
  2. http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/03/03/worcester-native-bryan-lahair-happy-for-another-shot-majors/BywKzUy2EVnnUGOoxQfZeP/story.html If you run into the paywall, try googling the headline "Worcester native Bryan LaHair happy for another shot at majors" He made $5.2 million over two seasons in Japan? Good lord...every AAAA player should go there. Yeah, I've never understood why more of those guys don't go. I realize its a major change in culture and lifestyle, but you can set yourself up for life in two or three years and then go back to MLB if you are just dying to ride a bus around the Southern League. supply and demand, for one. They aren't going to give them all $5.2m. It probably helps that he had the MLB All Star on his resume.
  3. I did. Who is he again?
  4. Sands should be removed from consideration due to proposing in Wrigley Field this winter.
  5. [expletive] I just remembered how much I hated the "but his trades are awesome!" defense of Hendry.
  6. Giordano will be out for the remainder of the season. The estimated recovery time is 4-5 months.
  7. Please explain, because that's not the kind of move Hendry made a lot. Hendry chased a lot of "it worked for them, we should do that" situations. I think the most telling "sequence of transactions" were all the things that led them to being essentially forced to sign Soriano. Despite being in charge of the farm going back over a decade and having several years to find productive hitters, Hendry could not do that efficiently by any means and pretty much had to blow the wad on Soriano because the OF was otherwise pathetic. They trotted out a bunch of 1 WAR humps and failed repeatedly with kids and basically left themselves no other options but to overpay when Soriano came along.
  8. if the cubs don't win i think we're all going to end up hating maddon like we do dempster. I have no issues with dad humor.
  9. also noted that bleachers won't be ready for occupancy until May (LF/CF) or June (RF)
  10. Right, I get that but I just don't see that as being a good deal. It seems to me that they were always going to be able to give Smith away for nothing if they wanted, and that is what they did here.
  11. Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 7m7 minutes ago Also, Sharks retained 50 percent of Desjardins' salary in trade with Chicago
  12. Yep. Looks like a good deal to me. Really? What about it looks good? They traded a decent young guy essentially for the right to not have to employ him next year. I guess if you think Smith is absolutely worthless then this could be perceived as good.
  13. that's interesting draft pick? Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec now In return for Ben Smith to San Jose, Chicago gets the Sharks' Andrew Desjardins #NHLTrade A 4th line center? For $750,000 in salary cap relief? Also expiring contract.
  14. that's interesting draft pick?
  15. The value of those massive contracts comes with the subscriber fees paid to get those stations (plus just keeping subscribers from cutting the cord). As long as they are still playing regularly over 6 months, there is no difference to the subscriber fees and a handful of games is only going to marginally affect advertising revenue.
  16. http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/cubs/post/_/id/28946/cubs-notes-doing-the-little-things-right I really have no idea what he's talking about there. Maddon decided to have the big leaguers take BP at the actual stadium rather than one of the practice fields. Right but...how does that relate to varsity vs JV and capitalism vs socialism vs communism? That's where I'm lost. Varsity = Major leaguers = 1% capital pigs = get to take BP in stadium JV = everybody else = 99% = no free handouts have to work their way up from the practice field to earn the right to participate in BP at stadium.
  17. McCown is a Brown
  18. I've heard that before
  19. Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 5m5 minutes ago Mesa, AZ More Baez on Lester: "one thing he was doing before he released the pitch. He was acting to if it was a good pitch or bad pitch." I'm going to need a translation on this one.
  20. lol you mean Koyie? and Gary? and McRae? and Houston... It's pronounced How stun.
  21. Holy crap look at all those most recent modern guys who started their careers elsewhere. I'm pretty sure Grace is the only post-70s guy on that list who was drafted/signed/developed with the Cubs. Sandberg, Sosa, Dawson, Soriano, Durham, Lee, Ramirez, all acquired. After Castro, who will be the next one? Soler?
  22. I hated Mike Scott
  23. at first I thought he died
×
×
  • Create New...